Thread: New Thread Section?

Custom Title

New Thread Section?

I'm wondering if it would make sense to start a separate section for non-competive events. I don't see a spot where one can find reviews/discussion of SOI, Battle of the Blades(well, not now) and other such events. I bet a lot of us would like to know what's happening in other countries too. I'd love to know about shows in Europe, Russia and Japan (and anywhere else too). Give it a thought.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Scrufflet, We think your idea has merit, but we have to figure out how to implement it without violating our advertising policy.

It may be that posts will have to be moderated before they can be posted, in this case to insure that no free advertising is given (like links to the SOI page or other ticket buying websites). You would submit your post, and you would get a note that says, your post will be posted after moderation.

Meanwhile, we hope people will post reviews of shows and links to photos and videos from shows! You can always start a thread in The Edge to post a review, and if you've seen any shows lately, we hope you'll do so.

What we might do is move Edge threads to a new folder about Shows after they fall off page 2 of the Edge, so that they will still be easily available.

When we figure out what we're doing, I'll post it here.

Doris P

Banned
    I think the OP suggestion is reasonable. The shows reviews often include the opinions of some skaters' skating, not just one skater. And when you post the review on the particular skater fan thread, there is a risk that it would be derailed if fans of other skaters disagree with the review.

You can always start a thread about a show, it doesn't have to go into a skater thread.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...437#post642437

I started a thread in the Edge for Ice Shows, generically.

I hope that like Canadian Ice Dance, that it will develop a life of its own.

If reviews crop up in the Patrick, Dai,YuNa or other Fan Fest threads, I may copy a link to the reviews in this new thread.