Thread: Scott Hamilton: An amazing skater and person

Hybrid View

Scott Hamilton: An amazing skater and person

I never saw this video before-just browsing scott's performances. I thought thisinspirational man deserved his own thread and this video would touch many. Who has been like him? What a nice guy. Truly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ZcN_6wzp8

I do love Scott, and am very proud of him for sharing his faith and encouragement. Nice guy, too...

Custom Title
    What a loving father and husband he must be.

Custom Title
    Scott's story is one that involves so many heart-rendering tugs and pulls. He has persevered in so many ways throughout his life. Hard work allowed him many hard-earned achievements as well.
    Do I love EVERYTHING about him? Uhh, I guess I could do without his hyper-Scott commentary days. It always makes me wish that one could be sitting back in a couch in a simple living room in front of a TV, with a couple of other fans, listening to what he has to say about the skating. I would bet he has a lot of humorous and fascinating observations in that type of setting.

Still, A great role model for skaters of generations that follow for sure.

I like and admire Scott for many reasons (I do wish he would tone down the screeching as a commentator), but other than that, I think he's been amazing for figure skating and inspiration.

What a wonderful portrait of this unique man.

It's funny how, no matter how lavish and heartfelt the praise for our lovely ice princesses -- Peggy Fleming, Janet Lynn, Dorothy Hamill, Michelle Kwan -- somehow it is still the prince that endures as the number one skating icon in U.S. skating history.