Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

Custom Title
    Thank you SO MUCH for such a detailed eyewitness account of SOI Japan. I feel as if I also was there. I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Dorothy. She always had the most beautiful skating posture. Yuka Sato reminds me of her in that regard. I'm thrilled to hear that Ilia has retained his textbook jumps, and that Yagudin and Irina are still skating. As for Kurt, I love your description of him "playing music with blades." I think that's exactly what comes through in his skating. It's wonderful to hear how great Daisuke was and how graceful Mao was (though like you, I am fearful for her jumps). I too wish you could go back and see it again tomorrow. And that I could go with you!

Custom Title
    thank you so much , Let's talk!! I could perfectly watch every skater through your eyes and your words , from thousands miles away!

Thank you very much for the report, let's talk! Here is the group number with Dai, Mao, Kanako, Jeff, Kurt and Joannie: link

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    Here is the group number with Dai, Mao, Kanako, Jeff, Kurt and Joannie: link
    Today TV Tokyo aired Stars on Ice but it was Osaka's arena, not Tokyo. I don't know if they're ever going to show Tokyo's venue. I didn't see much of cameras around.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Today TV Tokyo aired Stars on Ice but it was Osaka's arena, not Tokyo. I don't know if they're ever going to show Tokyo's venue. I didn't see much of cameras around.
    I'm not sure from which of the shows this performance is. I simply posted it because I liked the description of the program in your report and I thought that other people would want to see it. Note: Dai's solo part starts at about 2:00 and Dai+Mao is at 2:25 (but the whole program is really lovely).

Banned
    Osaka SOI venue here, full TV version:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LSe_Iqjqng

Custom Title
    Thanks for the links, both of you!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH for such a detailed eyewitness account of SOI Japan. I feel as if I also was there. I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Dorothy. She always had the most beautiful skating posture. Yuka Sato reminds me of her in that regard. I'm thrilled to hear that Ilia has retained his textbook jumps, and that Yagudin and Irina are still skating. As for Kurt, I love your description of him "playing music with blades." I think that's exactly what comes through in his skating. It's wonderful to hear how great Daisuke was and how graceful Mao was (though like you, I am fearful for her jumps). I too wish you could go back and see it again tomorrow. And that I could go with you!
    Me too!

Thank you so much! I could picture everything!

Wow! Thanks for the reports, and both links -let's talk & yuki!

Thank you let's talk for your review. Sounds like it was a truly wonderful show. I can just imagine the audience going nuts when the music from the Stroll started. I am glad you got to see Dorothy skate she is like a breath of fresh air on a summer night, her stroking and movement on the ice creates a mood that is still first rate.

Thank you also for the link to the SOI show,what a treat! Loved seeing Irina again along with Shawn Sawyer, Johnny, Ilia, Kurt and the rest of the cast.

Custom Title
    Osaka SOI venue here, full TV version:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LSe_Iqjqng
    What unimaginable luxury--I get to see the whole thing! I'm in transports of rapture. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot, let's talk, for your great review on the show into such details as always.
    I got to see SOI Osaka show thru TV the other night. And I so much agree with you on Ms. Dorothy Hamil!

[url]
    Dorothy Hamill was the first one with solo number. It was my first time to see her live, naturally, since she retired from competitions before I was born. She should give a lesson to the current Olympic champion, and not her only, on how to move arms gracefully and in general represent the true Ladyship, the thing that is missing now in women's skating. To share the designer of her outfit would be a good idea too. Maybe then we will see more real gowns, not some ugly dresses in poor taste. She didn't jumps, did the spiral, layback spin and upright spin. That was enough to deliver the real beauty of this sport.
    I Ms. Hamil and Shawn Sawyer in the group number. What a shame TV Tokyo did not air Shawn's solo program...

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole show yet, but I do wish they had included Shawn's incredible "Alegria" program! Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get to see it on SOI's US syndicated airing of the tour.

Banned
    It's some video from Stars on Ice (not Japan tour). Have no idea when the show took place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLh4y_cuRM

Custom Title
    Ooh, thanks, Let's Talk!

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast