Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

Banned
    PIW are too good to skate locally. Have no idea why they don't tour internationally. Besides the stuff that I wrote in the previous post, Nanri this afternoon did 3A and did so easily, as a matter of fact.

Kanako in the morning show did 3Z with step out, on 3S she had an unsecure landing, so she didn't add a combo jump. In the afternoon she did 3Z with step out and one hand touched the ice. Her traditional combo 3S-2Lo-2Lo was good. She tried to skate like a grown-up and mature. Her technical set for PIW shows is the most difficult one followed by Mao (wasn't on the cast today). Akiko on the other hand chose the safest route a la Arakawa, of 3S and 2A and messed up, big or small, in all 4 shows that I have seen by now. This morning she had a shaky landing on 3S, 2A was okay. In the afternoon she did 3S and had a step out on 2A. Again steps out in a finale.
    Takeshi skated very well his EX with 3T and 3S, powerful eagle, expressiveness and confidence of charm. In a finale he challeneged a combo, in the morning the second jump was 2T only, in the afternoont he added 3T but it was ur and with step out. Never mind. He retired years ago. Sasaki was a crowd pleaser himself, full of joy and optimism. In the afternoon show he skated a different EX, where he makes fun of high school boys and girls. The girls' part was super extravagant, with a spiral and a bielmann spiral backwards, then a layback spin, etc. No need to say how he entertained the audience. He did 3F shaky and a good 3Z tano in the morning. In the afternoon 3Z tano was with step out. In both finale he tried 3A but fell.

Tatsuki again went practically clean in both shows. In the morning all jump passes were perfect: 3F, 3A, 3S, 3L from a spiral. In the afternoon he had a little deep sit on 3A but not that much. The prog is so beautiful that I was almost sure that Steph somehow was involved. Guess what. When I asked Tatsuki who choreographed this new EX, he said him (!), himself. Alone with no one's help. I was like and had to re-ask. And he said yes, that's all him. Maybe Daisuke should ask Tatsuki to choreo his new progs?
    Mura presented his new EX in a shirt that he obviously borrowed from Kozuka's closet. The music choice is rather heavy for galas, but he went on jumps because that is what he could do better than other stuff. In the morning he did 3T, 3Z, his amazing 3A, fell on 3F, then did 3S. In the afternoon 3A had two hands on the ice and 3Z was with step out. In the finale he did a quad, two-footed. Never mind too. Because he looks so happy, basically shining with happiness when showing his marriage ring: http://twitpic.com/cnv0tn . He also said that his family is expecting a baby girl: Mura-chan.

Daisuke showed up in the dark in the costume that I immediately identified as Moonlight Sonata. But when the music started, the audience, who (myself including) probably didn't expect him skating that SP, exploded into ovation. He didn't fail us and skated awfully well. Did a 3F, a gorgeous 3A and 3L, steps and spins were die for, especially the final footwork, the one that I fell in love with the moment I saw it for the first time. In a finale Dai did a really good combo 3F-3Loop (!), the one that I haven't seen from him for a while. I told him that his MS is a masterpiece and pointed out that so many people love him, and he smiled. So did the happy I. In the afternoon show he skated Tango, spins and steps were as great as usual, as well as 3F and 3L. But he singled his 3A, so did 1A instead. You know how upset he feels when he fails smth., especially in shows. In a finale he went for trixel again but did 2A only, then tried another one almost immediately, rotated 3A but fell terribly painfully. I hope he is okay and wasn't hurt. Dai still looks a little skinny but healthier than in London or even WTT. Still I think that that mistake on axel in the afternoon show might be the result of general tiredness. I ranted again to him that his tango is so passionate and how he can do that I wonder. He made a trickily enigmatical smile but didn't tell his brand secret.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going to both shows too! Then the updates will follow.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    thank you

How great to hear there is a new, young Japanese choreographer
    I hope videos will be on youtube!

Quote Originally Posted by let's talk
    Tatsuki again went practically clean in both shows. In the morning all jump passes were perfect: 3F, 3A, 3S, 3L from a spiral. In the afternoon he had a little deep sit on 3A but not that much. The prog is so beautiful that I was almost sure that Steph somehow was involved. Guess what. When I asked Tatsuki who choreographed this new EX, he said him (!), himself. Alone with no one's help. I was like and had to re-ask. And he said yes, that's all him. Maybe Daisuke should ask Tatsuki to choreo his new progs?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    thank you

How great to hear there is a new, young Japanese choreographer
    I hope videos will be on youtube!
    Yes, I agree! I totally loved his programs this year and it's so cool he's doing his own thing!

Also he got a haircut! I think he looks great with it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    PIW are too good to skate locally. Have no idea why they don't tour internationally.

Daisuke showed up in the dark in the costume that I immediately identified as Moonlight Sonata. But when the music started, the audience, who (myself including) probably didn't expect him skating that SP, exploded into ovation. He didn't fail us and skated awfully well. Did a 3F, a gorgeous 3A and 3L, steps and spins were die for, especially the final footwork, the one that I fell in love with the moment I saw it for the first time. In a finale Dai did a really good combo 3F-3Loop (!), the one that I haven't seen from him for a while. I told him that his MS is a masterpiece and pointed out that so many people love him, and he smiled. So did the happy I. In the afternoon show he skated Tango, spins and steps were as great as usual, as well as 3F and 3L. But he singled his 3A, so did 1A instead. You know how upset he feels when he fails smth., especially in shows. In a finale he went for trixel again but did 2A only, then tried another one almost immediately, rotated 3A but fell terribly painfully. I hope he is okay and wasn't hurt. Dai still looks a little skinny but healthier than in London or even WTT. Still I think that that mistake on axel in the afternoon show might be the result of general tiredness. I ranted again to him that his tango is so passionate and how he can do that I wonder. He made a trickily enigmatical smile but didn't tell his brand secret.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going to both shows too! Then the updates will follow.
    I still can't believe you talked so much to DAI !!!!!!!

I hope to see PIW in Europe one day , it would be fantastic!!

Let's Talk you're so lucky! Thank you so much for the report and have a lot of fun tomorrow!

Thanks let's talk for your review!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Wow, can't wait to see Tatsuki's new program And I've got to say that he looks SO much better with the short haircut. SO MUCH.

Custom Title
    Thank you so much! to Let's talk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Wow, can't wait to see Tatsuki's new program
    Yes yes, we've got to see his program choreo done by himself! If we are lucky, Tatsuki will skate to it at Dream On Ice and TV will broadcast it.

Thanks let's talk for your all interesting reports!!!

Banned
    PIW corps de ballet can't stop surprising me. Yesterday Soshi Tanaka did 3A, with a little step out though. But how about the fact itself that the skater who retired 11 years ago and who never won anything at senior level, challenged the element of major difficulty in shows. Maybe this will help some people to finally understand why I look down at a so-called WC who takes it lazy both in shows and competitions, knowing that why to bother if everything is granted in advance.

In the morning show Kanako again had a step out on 3Z and did 3S with no combo. In a finale she did 2S as a "warm up", then 3S. In the afternoon she fell on 3Z, did her combo 3S-2Lo-2Lo very well. In a finale she did 2S, then again her brand combo 3S-2Lo-2Lo. Her spins are a little slower and the posture got worse. I am not sure if it's just her dress or she got slightly bigger. She told fans that her study at the university is rather "taihen" but she is managing. Akiko in the morning skated her EX "The Unmbrellas of Cherbourg" and in the afternoon she had a collaboration with a violinist Furusawa for her "Lavender" EX. Her "Lavender" was rather well done. In both shows she went for a safer route of 2A and 3S, this time with no falls. Shizuka was as usual, with the difference that in the afternoon show, where she skated her cyber "Swan", she added 2T to her 2A.

Takeshi had a good day and skated clean in both shows, demonstrating once again his high and powerful jumps of Plu&Yag era. In the afternoon finale he challanged 3A, with step out. Sasaki was having fun all around, did both 3Z and 3F with tano, didn't succeed in 3A (fell). Tatsuki was awfully perfect again in the afternoon. He was perfect in all 6 six shows that I attended. The only mistake he did was yesterday morning- a step out on 3F. Also, his blade hit smth. while he was entering 3Z from the spiral, so he couldn't do the jump because there was a railing already and he had to turn, then the timing was missing and he had to do the elements that were assigned with the music. I know about 3Z because I saw 4 shows previously, so I know that the jump must be there. Those who hadn't seen his EX before, didn't notice that one jump was missing, so flawlessly he did that switch. In the morning finale he did that 3Z from the spiral, giving a chance to people to see that nice entrance into the jump. In the afternoon finale he did 3A twice, one after another. His spins are so fast and light. He does feel very comfortable in his new EX that he choreographed himself, knowing very well his likes and strengths. Mura also had a good day with his clean performance in both shows, with the set of 3F, 3Z, 3S and his brand wow 3A. He challenged a quad in both finales and did it but touched the ice with the second toe a little. Overall, good work in the shows, Tatsuki and newly-wedded Mura-kun!

Daisuke skated Moonlight Sonata in the morning and again like on the previous day was absolutely flawless in his magnificent performance. He did 3F, 3L, his fabulous 3A, fast spins and emotional steps where each beat of music matters. In the afternoon he chose to skate Stroll, which was absolutely the right decision to close the show session with this sparkling prog. Like a glass of champagne. He showed us once again what an artistic and versatile skater he is- three different progs in 4 shows, and all in different characters. He skated the original version of Stroll, the one that he showed in FrOI in August. Did all elemets clean except that 3A was slightly two-footed. He also challenged a quad in a finale but didn't succeed, downgraded it and two-footed in the morning and fell in the afternoon. I first thought that it might be the general physical tiredness that makes him be perfect in the morning shows because he is simply fresher. Or maybe Moonlight Sonata is better designed for Dai by Morozov, so he blends in it harmonically. Dai did look down though, either due to being physically or emotionally or both exhausted. And judging by twitter I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I hope he WILL find the time to take a break over summer to kick that fatigue away. PLEASE, DAI!!! So many people love you and wish you all the best that the life can bring. He is truly worshiped and adored by his tasteful fans, and not without the reasons.

I updated vids and pics, the same channel, the same album (see my previous posts here for the links).

BIG THANKS to PIW Team and guest skaters for all great work you did!!! I was having a wonderful time and see you all in July!

Custom Title

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Bravo!

Custom Title
    Thanks so much!

I echo your wishes that Daisuke will rest up and renew himself for the Olympic season. I want the world to see him at his very best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    PIW corps de ballet can't stop surprising me. Yesterday Soshi Tanaka did 3A, with a little step out though. But how about the fact itself that the skater who retired 11 years ago and who never won anything at senior level, challenged the element of major difficulty in shows. Maybe this will help some people to finally understand why I look down at a so-called WC who takes it lazy both in shows and competitions, knowing that why to bother if everything is granted in advance.

In the morning show Kanako again had a step out on 3Z and did 3S with no combo. In a finale she did 2S as a "warm up", then 3S. In the afternoon she fell on 3Z, did her combo 3S-2Lo-2Lo very well. In a finale she did 2S, then again her brand combo 3S-2Lo-2Lo. Her spins are a little slower and the posture got worse. I am not sure if it's just her dress or she got slightly bigger. She told fans that her study at the university is rather "taihen" but she is managing. Akiko in the morning skated her EX "The Unmbrellas of Cherbourg" and in the afternoon she had a collaboration with a violinist Furusawa for her "Lavender" EX. Her "Lavender" was rather well done. In both shows she went for a safer route of 2A and 3S, this time with no falls. Shizuka was as usual, with the difference that in the afternoon show, where she skated her cyber "Swan", she added 2T to her 2A.

Takeshi had a good day and skated clean in both shows, demonstrating once again his high and powerful jumps of Plu&Yag era. In the afternoon finale he challanged 3A, with step out. Sasaki was having fun all around, did both 3Z and 3F with tano, didn't succeed in 3A (fell). Tatsuki was awfully perfect again in the afternoon. He was perfect in all 6 six shows that I attended. The only mistake he did was yesterday morning- a step out on 3F. Also, his blade hit smth. while he was entering 3Z from the spiral, so he couldn't do the jump because there was a railing already and he had to turn, then the timing was missing and he had to do the elements that were assigned with the music. I know about 3Z because I saw 4 shows previously, so I know that the jump must be there. Those who hadn't seen his EX before, didn't notice that one jump was missing, so flawlessly he did that switch. In the morning finale he did that 3Z from the spiral, giving a chance to people to see that nice entrance into the jump. In the afternoon finale he did 3A twice, one after another. His spins are so fast and light. He does feel very comfortable in his new EX that he choreographed himself, knowing very well his likes and strengths. Mura also had a good day with his clean performance in both shows, with the set of 3F, 3Z, 3S and his brand wow 3A. He challenged a quad in both finales and did it but touched the ice with the second toe a little. Overall, good work in the shows, Tatsuki and newly-wedded Mura-kun!

Daisuke skated Moonlight Sonata in the morning and again like on the previous day was absolutely flawless in his magnificent performance. He did 3F, 3L, his fabulous 3A, fast spins and emotional steps where each beat of music matters. In the afternoon he chose to skate Stroll, which was absolutely the right decision to close the show session with this sparkling prog. Like a glass of champagne. He showed us once again what an artistic and versatile skater he is- three different progs in 4 shows, and all in different characters. He skated the original version of Stroll, the one that he showed in FrOI in August. Did all elemets clean except that 3A was slightly two-footed. He also challenged a quad in a finale but didn't succeed, downgraded it and two-footed in the morning and fell in the afternoon. I first thought that it might be the general physical tiredness that makes him be perfect in the morning shows because he is simply fresher. Or maybe Moonlight Sonata is better designed for Dai by Morozov, so he blends in it harmonically. Dai did look down though, either due to being physically or emotionally or both exhausted. And judging by twitter I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I hope he WILL find the time to take a break over summer to kick that fatigue away. PLEASE, DAI!!! So many people love you and wish you all the best that the life can bring. He is truly worshiped and adored by his tasteful fans, and not without the reasons.

I updated vids and pics, the same channel, the same album (see my previous posts here for the links).

BIG THANKS to PIW Team and guest skaters for all great work you did!!! I was having a wonderful time and see you all in July!

once again thank you so much!!! Don't you go to Art On Ice Japan on June 1-2?

Custom Title
    I'm not particularly fond of ice shows. The last one I saw was when I saw Michelle skate in Greenville, SC. Even with her in it, it somehow fell flat.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast