Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Just in case, the list of programs they skated:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26421987/DOI_2012_programs.PDF

Banned
    Fuji TV aired Dreams on Ice last night, right before the TBS kicked the Euro-2012 Final. I almost forgot about that with setting the alarm-clock for 3:00am for Euro Final. But hey, my memory worked out in time, thanks god. They broadcasted the Saturday afternoon show, not the evening one that I visited. I haven't seen any detailed report in English of that particular show. Only in Russian that Ryuju Hino's father, who is Russian (Hino is half-Russian and half-Japanese), blogged on sports.ru. Fuji showed only: Narumi/Marvin; girls: Karo, Miki, Akiko, Kanako, Risa (Miki, Karo and Kanako skated another EX than in the evening, Karo- the same as at WTT, Kanako- the same that I saw at PIW) and boys: Dai, Kozuka, Chan, Hanyu, Uno. That's all, which disappointed me a lot. I realized why the aired Team Japan, WC and a charming representative of junior skater. But how they could kick out Machida, who got the second biggest ovation of the night, is a total mystery for me. Too much flood usually on general TV channels (unlike on sky tv JSport), like with that silly joke where Marvin tried to lift a TV girl. They could spend air time on showing sport actually than TV girls . Dai had a slight mistake on 3A but nothing could possible spoil such a terrific performance. How can he even do that. Chan did his 2As and in a finale spinned with girls again, not jumped 3A with J-boys. Kanako hit her 3-3 and was much cleaner than I saw her later on the same day. Hanyu was a disaster. I was in fact very lucky that I saw him in the evening. The program is meh but at least he was clean. In the afternoon show he fell 3 times, twice on jumps, the first time- very heavily, the third fall was on steps. I doubt that fans would ever upload such a performance, I wouldn't, only anti-fans would probably do. He was so terribly embarrased with his performance that he did dogeza after that as a manner of feeling shame and begging paying customers for forgivness, and he did it in such a lovely way that the audience laughed and forgave him of course. I wonder if another skater would did dogeza every time after multiple falls, he would have already had troubles with his forehead bone. Later Yuzu smiled in the interview but in fact he looked like he wanted to cry. Cheer up, boy!
    Dai:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xcOIz0RIY
    Dai (no commentators' rants)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnbsVQCK804
    Kozuka:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk5wpADygLg
    Hanyu'z dogeza in a news clip (at around 1:00 minute):
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZvOqy9XspE
    As I said they didn't broadcast Machida. But here on an April home video at a training rink you can see the program itself. It's barely cooked and it's like about 10% of what he showed in DOI, in both TES and especially in PCS:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aCeEz3mQPI
    Last edited by let`s talk; 07-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan's Till Kingdom Come

eta

Now available on Youtube
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 07-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Patrick Chan's Till Kingdom Come
    Thanks a lot for finding this one!

Custom Title
    Well, actually people downloaded Hanyu's videos, even two:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-TKt-_Pgo
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YtnB1VGfc

Oh my. Painful to watch someone so great have such a bad skate. Almost unbelievable.
    Last edited by phaeljones; 07-06-2012 at 06:47 PM.

[QUOTE=let`s talk;648866]Well, actually people downloaded Hanyu's videos, even two:

I can't believe...Go Yuzuru!

Custom Title
    It's really too painfull to watch this video... it's unbelievable!

Custom Title
    I actually like the program as exhibition very much though his body is kind of skinny and boyish for it. It's just one of those bad days and the bad skate got filmed. It would be nice to see one of the good performances he did give but filming was disallowed.

Custom Title
    ^
    |

But he never has this kind of melt down last season; my guess is he's getting taller.

Custom Title
    "Skate for Hope" video (about 1 hour 15 mins. long) is up at IceNetwork - "free to all registered users".

This annual exhibition fundraiser for breast cancer research took place in Columbus, Ohio on June 16 - headliner skaters are listed here: http://www.skateforhope.org/site/Pag...ame=Headliners

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    But he never has this kind of melt down last season; my guess is he's getting taller.
    Yes, he has been growing taller. Hanyu was about the same height as Javier last November, but he looks taller than Javier in a picture taken about one month ago.
    Gedevanishvili’s twitter: http://instagram.com/p/LonKmaMx1I/

Also, Nan Song has been training in Toronto this summer, and he said “Yuzuru is almost as tall as himself.”
    yuzuru news tumblr: http://miwa31.tumblr.com/post/26270153491/yuzuru-news

Custom Title

The same user (second) has Miki as well:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lsF_b0jLE
    Akiko:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfE1KDhpPg
    Caro:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEirnOlrm4k
    Let's talk, thanks a lot as usual for your swift report and all these links!

I finally watched DOI aired on Fuji TV.
    But too much fluffs (as expected ) and they did not show as many skaters as possible.
    This year's DOI was a bit of disappointment for me, too, except Akiko's Cherbourg and Dai's Piazzolla.

As for Yuzuru, don't worry you guys. I would rather take it he just had a bad day.
    Watching him skate on TV's big screen, he hit so hard his right shoulder upon the scary fall on 3A (I actually cried out on that scene because I feared he could have dislocated his shoulder...and I was relieved he didn't!). He seemed in a pain throughout after that hard fall. It must have affected his overall performance. He will be just fine, I think.

BS Fuji is going to broadcast DOI for 2 hours without fluff vids on Sunday afternoon.
    Am looking forward to seeing other skaters, especially Tatsuki Machida and Takahito Mura whom Let's talk previously reported for us that they were great.
    Last edited by deedee1; 07-07-2012 at 12:21 PM.

The same user (second) has Miki as well:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lsF_b0jLE
    Akiko:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfE1KDhpPg
    Caro:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEirnOlrm4k

Chan's program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7hHdhCjlgw