Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 377

Thread: Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I have watched the full version of DOI.

    LOVED Tatsuki! He is coming into his own as a skater, isn't he?
    I know the depth of our boys but I hope he somehow gets his spot at Worlds while he is competing.

    It is said that this piece was originally choreographed for his SP 2011-12 season (my guess is choreo by Stephane! )

    Tatsuki, can you PLEEEEASE use this lovely "Les Demoiselles de Rochefort" for your SP in the new season???

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    It is said that this piece was originally choreographed for his SP 2011-12 season (my guess is choreo by Stephane! )
    No, it's Miyamoto's masterpiece too. They did two SPs last season. I don't know why they chose Dark Eyes for competitions. I heard Tatsuki is plannig to make a new SP with Stephane. But honestly speaking I'd rather see Legrand at 4CC in Osaka where I hope Machida will be. It's a great work and it suits him so well. He looks different in it, much deeper and passionate. He feels comfortable in it, with lighter jumps and faster/more beautiful spins. I also wish him to keep it in the new season and not as a show program but a competitive one.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    No, it's Miyamoto's masterpiece too.

    I also wish him to keep it in the new season and not as a show program but a competitive one.
    Thanks.
    WOW, another one by Kenji. Then I wanna see it as his new competitive program even more so!!!

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/

    Prince Ice World corps de ballet should tour internationally, more. Today I saw the same program that I saw in May, the one that the created for PIW 35th anniversary. But it was such a pleasure to enjoy this feast of youth, energy and optimism. With speed, triples, even trixels, creativity and huge desire to work. If most skaters worldwide woudn't take it lazy after getting major titles, and thinking that now they should be paid just for titles, who knows maybe the popularity of the sport wouldn't be where it is. Nanri with 3A, Junko with 2A at the age of 39. Who else among female skaters of 39yo does it? Great work, folks. In the morning show Honda did 3Tand 3S, good eagle and spin. In a finale he tried 3T-3T combo but the second jump was with two hands. In the afternoon show he skated Tosca with vocal, 3T with a step-out, 3S done. Arakawa did what she usualy does: 2A, 3S, spin, spiral, ina bauer. The set that she will be probably be doing until she is 45, I guess. In the afternoon show both jumps were with mistakes: 3S- fell, 2A- step out. Ota is one of the skaters who doesn't need any jumps to deliver. She did 2S in the morning and 2Loop in the afternoon but it wasn't her main forte. She still has one of the most magnificent layback spin with terrific posture and soft crystal arms. Her bielman spin with one hand is a never-come-true dream for a lot of competitive skaters.

    Most of guest skaters did quite well today. Except that I am not sure what Chika Suguri showed. It was like an ice aerialists with a hoop or somesuch. Risa in the morning tried 2A-3T but the second jump was singled, then 3F, 2A, beautiful bielman, in a finale 2A-3T clean. In the afternoon everything was clean, including combo 2A-3T. She is beatiful on the ice, with clean lines and lightness, but she is a little slow I think. Kanako skated two different programs in two shows, in the second she tried to be lyrical but couldn't. And that's the thing that disturbs me the most. Her skating skills are not that beautiful in the first place, plus this lack of presentation makes things look even worse, which is quite upsetting. She is a very talanted hard-working girl who does need a good choreographer and a better coach who will polish her rough stuff. And she needs it now. In the morning she did 3T-3T, 3F, 3S-1Lo-1Lo, the spyral was awful. She also did rocking camel, the element that is not often performed nowdays, but both legs were < and ^ accordingly. In the finale she did a five-jump combo 3S+4 2Lo. In the afternoon the set of jumps were 3Flutz, 3S-2Lo-2Lo, 3F. Ando skated the same program with two diffrent musics: one in the morning and another one in the afternoon. If the arena technicians accidentally mixed the musics up, nobody would notice, including Miki. She did 2A, 3S, in the afternoon she fell on the second jump. In the morning finale she tried 2A-3T but it looked like she started falling down in the air on the second jump.

    Tango duel. Plush and Dai. Both skated tango. Dai- passionate, sensual, mesmeric, with virtuoso legs and charisma of a man who expresses himself through art while staying shy and humble in real life. Plush- seductive conqueror who doesn't take "No" for an answer, powerful and controlling, with super command of ice. But he turns into gentle chevalier when he sees the object of his desire. What tango lover to choose is the matter of preference. Which means one thing- the fight for gold in Sochi will be in TES entirely. It also means that the zamboni-dude won't medal at all in Russia. My guess the podium will be shared between two Japanese and Plush. Yuzu will likely get a bronze. Who will get a gold- the TES will decide. Today Plush outskated Dai. Dai has been skating in shows non-stop since WTT with no holiday at all. At the same time Plush got a crack in his hand's bone in Italy and he was skating with a bandage. They were both fast, with fast spins: layback and ikebana for one guy and for another. Dai had better footsteps though with his virtuoso legs. Plush jumps in spins were at the height where Chika Suguri used a securty rod with her hoop. In jumps. Morning. Dai: 3F, 3A got doubled and step out, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip but heavily underotated and two-footed. Plush: 3T, 2A, 3Loop, 3A, 3L. In a finale he tried 3A but doubled it. Afternoon. Dai: 3F, 3A underotated and fell down, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip again and fell. Plush: 3T-3T, 3A, 3Loop, 2A, 3A, 3T, in a finale- 3T. The audience was louder, younger and genki-er for Plush. Dai stayed longer on the ice to collect more gifts/flowers. Go figure.

    I am not available tomorrow. I will be on PIW on Monday for both shows too. Then I'l update you.

    http://twitpic.com/e/2h3e

  5. #65
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    Oh thank you for report and great photos!! Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program? Plushenko broke his hand? I m glad he tried 3x, in Italy he was just starting training them.

    Who is Ota?

  6. #66
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    Last edited by plushyfan; 07-14-2012 at 04:39 PM.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh thank you for report and great photos!! Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program? Plushenko broke his hand? I m glad he tried 3x, in Italy he was just starting training them.

    Who is Ota?
    Yukina Ota was Jr. World champ in 2003, and showed a lot of promise: she was very graceful and lyrical and gave beautiful performances, however I think she had joint problems or some other injuries took her out.

    Here's my favorite program by her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LvJxsA88A

  8. #68
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,107
    Thanks for your detailed report and the photos let's talk. I would have loved to have been in the audience to see the duel of the Tangos.

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Tango duel. Plush and Dai. Both skated tango. Dai- passionate, sensual, mesmeric, with virtuoso legs and charisma of a man who expresses himself through art while staying shy and humble in real life. Plush- seductive conqueror who doesn't take "No" for an answer, powerful and controlling, with super command of ice. But he turns into gentle chevalier when he sees the object of his desire. What tango lover to choose is the matter of preference. Which means one thing- the fight for gold in Sochi will be in TES entirely. It also means that the zamboni-dude won't medal at all in Russia. My guess the podium will be shared between two Japanese and Plush. Yuzu will likely get a bronze. Who will get a gold- the TES will decide. Today Plush outskated Dai. Dai has been skating in shows non-stop since WTT with no holiday at all. At the same time Plush got a crack in his hand's bone in Italy and he was skating with a bandage. They were both fast, with fast spins: layback and ikebana for one guy and for another. Dai had better footsteps though with his virtuoso legs. Plush jumps in spins were at the height where Chika Suguri used a securty rod with her hoop. In jumps. Morning. Dai: 3F, 3A got doubled and step out, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip but heavily underotated and two-footed. Plush: 3T, 2A, 3Loop, 3A, 3L. In a finale he tried 3A but doubled it. Afternoon. Dai: 3F, 3A underotated and fell down, 3L. In a finale he tried 4Flip again and fell. Plush: 3T-3T, 3A, 3Loop, 2A, 3A, 3T, in a finale- 3T. The audience was louder, younger and genki-er for Plush. Dai stayed longer on the ice to collect more gifts/flowers. Go figure.

    I am not available tomorrow. I will be on PIW on Monday for both shows too. Then I'l update you.

    http://twitpic.com/e/2h3e
    Let's talk, thanks a lot for your report and the photo from the show!
    I hope you will have great time again on Monday! and enjoy three candidates for medal at Sochi, Egveni, Daisuke and Yuzuru!!

    P.S. Dai seems to have lost a couple weights, does not he? Should take some rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Plushyfan, you've been to the show, too? Wow, I envy you! And thanks for the great photos!

  10. #70
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    No, I wasn't there, but I die for it...

  11. #71
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    Let's talk, I would like to ask, after every show was a bodyguard with Plushy? And I saw Yuzuru also had bodyguard. Why? This was not typical, I have never seen. I do not think the Japanese fans would be aggressive.
    Look at the bodyguard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Akq...ure=plpp_video

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Let's talk, I would like to ask, after every show was a bodyguard with Plushy? And I saw Yuzuru also had bodyguard. Why? This was not typical, I have never seen. I do not think the Japanese fans would be aggressive.
    Look at the bodyguard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Akq...ure=plpp_video
    I think this is just the security staff. They are pretty much always present during the shows, when the skaters go around the rink to talk to the fans and/or accept the gifts. Usually they are just making sure the fans are acting appropriately and not giving inappropriate gifts (i.e. food), or sometimes helping the skater carry the gifts they received. Of course they would interfere if somebody was acting aggressively, but I've never heard about it happen. I've seen the security interfere sometimes when a group of fans was getting overenthusiastic; the fans just wanted to pat the skater or shake their hand, but there were so many fans they were just reaching blindly and could have tripped the skater or destroyed their costume.

  13. #73
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    I dont think he is a bodyguard, it is security of show, i think I ve seen them in many shows.

    Pics Dai + Plu ( i want a poster of this <3), Hanyu + Plu , bonus Hanyu alone

  14. #74
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    THX four your explanations, I have never seen so close the security man besides the skaters.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 07-16-2012 at 03:39 AM.

  15. #75
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,680
    Senorita, i also want that poster. If you can get one, think of me as well, please
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1599/myphoto3.jpg
    Do you see the Plushy's bracelet on Yuzuru? Yuzuru said yesturday that he is STILL wearing Plushy's wrist band, and he is wearing it even in shower and bed!))

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •