Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you been to any good ice shows lately?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Off topic but it is all over on twitter that yana and evgeni are 4 months pregnant! New plushy baby!

Congrats to Evengi and Yana, great news!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Daisuke has an ex tango or is his new program?
    His new EX that they created with Miyamoto before shows in China.
    Plushenko broke his hand?
    He did, in Italy at the last training. They made an X-ray in Russia and then the crack in the bone was discovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Let's talk, I would like to ask, after every show was a bodyguard with Plushy? And I saw Yuzuru also had bodyguard. Why?
    They are PIW security who protect the property of the arena. They mostly sit to keep that blue fence from falling down. They never check what is inside gift bags.
    Off topic but it is all over on twitter that yana and evgeni are 4 months pregnant!
    Plush himself said it in China at the press conference. It is on youtube. I assume the magazine "Hello!" has some intellectual property rights to deliver the news. So, the comments on pregnancy were not available officially until the "Hello!" was issued. Lol.
    ==========

Yuzuru was having a good time with the audience, funning around, etc. He skated that trashy program that he presented at DOI. On Monday morning show he did 3T, a very good 3A, 3Loop was UR I think and shaky landing, 3S. All the rest is just cheap tricks, even the jacket was "forgotten" both times to catch extra attention from the audience. Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent. In a finale he landed a clean 4T. In the afternoon show he did 3T, 3A too deep sit, 3Loop, 3S with step out. In a finale he tried 4T and fell. He also hugged Plush and bowed for him deeply, like a pupil to a master. He was the last to leave the ice after time with fans. Then, before to go, he again landed 4T clean, tried to do it in combo but the second jump was with mistake.
    Today no tango duel. Plush skated Storm, maybe because it's still tough for him to perform 8 shows straight, and the first show starts at 6AM his body(Moscow) time. In fact there wasn't much left from the last season SP. Spins were for level 1 maximum and looked heavy. The footsteps were similar to showy tricks that Yuzu brought from Canada. Jumps in the morning: 3T-3T, he doubled a planned 3A but later landed 3A (deep sit). In a finale- 3T heavy landing. In the afternoon 3T-3T, 3A good and 3L, in a finale again doubled a trixel. He as always has the most powerful command of ice but when the program is empty, it doesn't help much. His Roxannes on Saturday were waaaay better. On Saturday he won the duel. But Monday belonged to Dai.
    Dai won in both TES and PCS. His tango had no crossovers, each movement was meaningful, jumps were out of nowhere without preparation and right after the landing- a layback spin or steps. His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings. Jumps were 3L, good 3A, 3F. In a finale he rotated fully a 4LUTZ. Yes, it was lutz, I was sitting right behind the place where he jumped it, the lutz edge was clear. Not flutz but clean lutz. Both jumps were fully rotated in the air and very light, as if it wasn't a quad lutz at all. He landed and.... fell both times. Still he showed that he can do that. On Sunday show he landed 4lutz successfully, but on Sunday I wasn't there.
    The audience was very supportive to all skaters, but Plush fans ruled.
    http://twitpic.com/e/2h3e
    www.youtube.com/user/MegaLetstalk/videos

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Plush himself said it in China at the press conference. It is on youtube. I assume the magazine "Hello!" has some intellectual property rights to deliver the news. So, the comments on pregnancy were not available officially until the "Hello!" was issued. Lol.
    really? He said public that? well I ve missed it. But in Pinzolo nobody knew about it either and Yana looked very very fit for pregnant lady
    His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings.
    lol I cant stop laughing, Daisuke various haircuts really need a thread on their own, i love it!!!
    I m looking forward to 4lz, and Hanyu's new programs, I hope Plush took the hint as well

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar

Entire cast of All That Skate Summer 2012 has been announced

I just posted the new list of the entire cast of All That Skate Summer 2012 in the "Yuna" news thread.

Am trying to follow the GS guidelines against cross-posting, so will not repeat the list here.

Thank you Let's talk!

Custom Title
    Let's talk, thanks a million for your prompt yet very detailed report as always!

Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent.
    Sad to say but I have to agree on this.
    Don't get me wrong, because I appreciate Kurt a lot and love most of EX progrmas done by him for eligible skaters. But what bothers me sometimes is a) when the program is too good I would rather see Kurt himself skate to that program, or, b) I can see lots of Kurt-wish movements, footwork and/or counts on beats/rhythm in every program, so I can tell instantly who did the choreo witout knowing that. Yes, yes I am asking too much probably. And that's why I highly regard Miyamoto and his remarkable versatility as a choreographer (though his competitive record as an ice dancer might be nothing compared to Kurt of course).

His hair is longer and in this condition it's even more obvious that it's his independent organ: he moves the head left but the hair moves right, or vice versa. It moves together with violin' strings. Jumps were 3L, good 3A, 3F. In a finale he rotated fully a 4LUTZ. Yes, it was lutz, I was sitting right behind the place where he jumped it, the lutz edge was clear. Not flutz but clean lutz. Both jumps were fully rotated in the air and very light, as if it wasn't a quad lutz at all. He landed and.... fell both times. Still he showed that he can do that. On Sunday show he landed 4lutz successfully, but on Sunday I wasn't there.
    to Dai's hair performance!

Wow, quad Lutz!
    I already wrote it in Dai's other thread, but as I watched the opening of DOI on TV, I was surprised to see, literally, a TRUE Lutz from him. His Lutz take off has improved a lot. I have never seen or expected such a clear outside edge take off by Dai.
    I would love to see him go for either 4F or 4Lz at a certain point in the new season.
    Last edited by deedee1; 07-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.

I don't like Hanyu's program. First of all he is one of the cutest boy, whom I have ever seen, but he is a little bit funny when he acts like a sexy man. Maybe 1-2 years from now, he will be sexy Japanese man like Dai. Second: That program is too Americans, I like when Kurt or Jeffry skates a way, but I want to see the Japanese Hanyu, who has own style. Do you understand? I adore his Romeo and Juliette program, because in the program he could be passionate, he was able to deliver emotions.

And I have same problem with Yuna in this program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1gU8vsDOI

This girl is American, American music, American style, American clothes. Where is the Korean Yuna?
    Last edited by plushyfan; 07-17-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    a TRUE Lutz from him.
    Yes, it was. I actually like his both flip and lutz, they are so light. But his lutz I love especially, because of his legs position, not some half-loop/half-lutz entrance, but straight and clear. I too hope he will succeed. We already saw his clean and rotated 4F in last NHK FS warm-up. I am sure his Sunday lutz is somewhere in TV archive since there were TV people with cameras in the arena. Show it to us, you TV guys please! In news or somewhere, don't be greedy.

All boys were having a good time afterall it seems:
    Dai, Yuzu, Nanri, Kobayashi:
    http://twitpic.com/a894gf

Banned
    really? He said public that?
    More than a month ago. Watch here at around 15 minute: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqxwx1JBc-I

^Thanx for video, it is too noisy there but I guess when they do "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" he said the news? I cant hear well Johnny too.

Do you know what blades Daisuke changed into? I read he has hard time to adjust, and I was wondering, Plushenko changed his after Miyamoto advice in Pinzolo and it took him days to get used to them, I had noted the model down but now I dont have it, but it was a lighter version, i dont know lighter blades, what are supposed to mean?
    Last edited by seniorita; 07-17-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Thanks for the review and photos, let's talk! Love that photo of Dai, Yuzu, Nanri and Kobayashi!

Custom Title
    Yuzuru was having a good time with the audience, funning around, etc. He skated that trashy program that he presented at DOI. . . . Yuzu is TOO GOOD for such stuff. Oh, please throw this crap away and create something worthy for the boy that underlines his terrific talent.
    So agree. Yuzuru really skates the serious stuff really well and it suits him better. But this booty stuff borders on hoaky. I do see a lot of Kurt Browning in it. I really liked (and so rooted for) Kurt Browning when he competed, but I do remember kind of cringing when he did the hoaky stuff, like his (Kurt's) Humphrey Bogart routine. Not cool. Sorry. Hope this stuff doesn't work its way into Yuzuru's competitive works.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I don't like Hanyu's program. First of all he is one of the cutest boy, whom I have ever seen, but he is a little bit funny when he acts like a sexy man.
    Could be he is fed up with being seen as a "cute boy" Can't blame him

Whenever I watch Hanyu I see hello kitty )) he is still junior and cute but he is the most fierce of what the rest were in his age!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast