2012-13 US Team envelopes announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012-13 US Team envelopes announced

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Cesario is actually eligible for one more season of JGP since her birthday is in August. She will turn 19 after the July 1st cutoff this summer, so she can do JGP if she wants to. That being said, she deferred admission to Fashion Institute of Technology this year, so if she wants to attend, she would be starting this fall, otherwise she would have to reapply to colleges at a later date. So idk what her competitive plans are but that may make a difference.

Also, Christina is starting Harvard this fall. Where she has funding, I assume she will continue competing, though of course she might retire if she wants to focus on school, but even if she does compete, she might not want to travel internationally to do so. She has a bye to the 2012 Nationals, so perhaps she would take the fall to become adjusted to Harvard and her new training situation and then make Nationals her first event of the season.

Anyways, with the new reduced spots, I'm not sure any of the 1 event guaranteed skaters are really a "shoe-in" for 2, particularly Agnes and Mirai who did not have great international seasons. Alissa after all her meltdowns might not get 2 either, but odds are probably better because she does have a high WS and SB, and Gracie can probably get 2, but nothing is certain. Ashley is the only US lady that is certain of getting 2 GPs.

cornell08

Final Flight
Also, Christina is starting Harvard this fall. Where she has funding, I assume she will continue competing, though of course she might retire if she wants to focus on school, but even if she does compete, she might not want to travel internationally to do so. She has a bye to the 2012 Nationals, so perhaps she would take the fall to become adjusted to Harvard and her new training situation and then make Nationals her first event of the season.

That would actually work out well for her as Harvard's spring term starts at the tail end of January. The Ivies in the frigid North tend to have near month long winter breaks.

icellist

On the Ice
From last year, being particularly high on either list helped almost all the american skaters to get to events. Even though Mirai and Alissa did not do well at the end of the season, what they did in the beginning of the season put them in the near top of both lists. That being said, Mirai, Alissa, Caroline are pretty much set: Mirai racked a lot points from Nebelhorn and SBS at CoC, Alissa racked a lot points from the GP and SBS at SA. For Caroline's case we can look at Wagner's 2011 GP selection criteria, Wagner had the 17 highest SBS and 25 WR and still got two events. Caroline's 9 SBS and 26 WR is very comparable. I think Caroline has a better chance than Agnes because of her high SBS but Agnes is in the same boat: 25 SBS and 19 WR (on 1 list is top 24 out of top 24 in the other).

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm most disappointed by Richard. I'd love to see him in envelope A next year.

He's been tweeting videos of himself in practice landing 4 toes and 3a-3t and 3a-3t-2lo combos so he seems to be in a good place right now :). Hopefully we'll see that in competition next season and he'll be in a good place going into the Olympic season to try and get named to the team. I think he kinda got thrown into the spotlight last season and then got a little spooked because all of a sudden he was expected to be one of the top US skaters and a near lock for the World team, and this was only his first full-senior season! His consistency in the 10-11 season makes me think he isn't a headcase and will come back strong.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Doesn't matter what you do in batting practice, it only matters what you do in the game. :)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right now the only 3 US girls that i'd like to see with 2 GP events are Ashley, Caroline and Gracie just because they actually compete and don't look petrified before they skate and don't usually meltdown. After that it's a tossup between Mira, Alissa and Agnes.