Gymnast Jordyn Wieber | Golden Skate

Gymnast Jordyn Wieber

macy

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwQEqVzLUo

she is AMAZING and so powerful and is the reigning world champion! also i love her routine and the choreography. she's also from where i live.
I have so much respect for gymnasts. and we think triple/quad jumps are scary; not to mention gymnasts could kick anyone's a**.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I really like her too, she seems so strong and looks as though she's never nervous, so sure of herself! I'd love to see her win the AA or Mustafina which is a stretch I know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kwQEqVzLUo

she is AMAZING and so powerful and is the reigning world champion! also i love her routine and the choreography. she's also from where i live.
I have so much respect for gymnasts. and we think triple/quad jumps are scary; not to mention gymnasts could kick anyone's a**.

Yeah, gymnastics is by far the scariest sport for me to watch, especially for girls. (Did you ever notice how men almost never stop holding onto their equipment? It's only the girls who go flying through the air, except for the men's floor exercise.) I saw her on TV and they showed her warming up--talk about flexibility!

I wish another gymnast would switch to skating the way Sasha did, so that a skater could have the benefit of that early training. But then I wish that ballet dancers would take up skating too. I just think of everything in relationship to skating. Pay no attention!

alexeifan

On the Ice
Yeah, gymnastics is by far the scariest sport for me to watch, especially for girls. (Did you ever notice how men almost never stop holding onto their equipment? It's only the girls who go flying through the air, except for the men's floor exercise.) I saw her on TV and they showed her warming up--talk about flexibility!

I wish another gymnast would switch to skating the way Sasha did, so that a skater could have the benefit of that early training. But then I wish that ballet dancers would take up skating too. I just think of everything in relationship to skating. Pay no attention!

Juila Lipinskaya was a gymnast, which is why she's so flexible like sasha.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I find mens high bar to be scary.

Jordyn Wieber has tons of skills. After Mustafina was world champ but before she was injured Wieber beat her. Then she beat Komova after her injurey. I have seen US nationals, two american cups, and worlds but unfortunately she doesn't stick with me. Right now I don't think I could pick her out of a lineup. But she will be everywhere soon!! Just everywhere! Few are favored to win a gold medal as much as she is in London.

macy

Record Breaker

actually hannah miller is an example. she did gymnastics for a number of years at geddert's (where jordyn trains) and then had to choose between the two. from what i've heard mustafina, wieber, and komova are the favorites to win in london.

i've never really watched gymnastics until recently when i decided to youtube jordyn and in turn komova, mustafina, raisman, bross, etc. i'm going to watch nationals in a couple weeks on tv, i'm excited to watch jordyn.

honestly i don't think her artistry is bad now. i've watched her previous routines with bad choreography and interpretation but i LOVE her current FE. it's so interesting and i think she executes the whole thing so well. she is smiling the whole way though and you can tell she is enjoying competing, unlike many other competitors.