Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is going?

Ha! Sometimes even a blind pig finds and acorn and I have my new machine up and running 90 percent.
    I am going to assume (*** out of you and me) that they will still have the junior nats running concourently at the same time as senior nats.
    The facility at Omaha is great for this....but I wonder how many cities can do two events at once? Boston has the ice but its two miles apart.
    Hopefully, boston will have a booth at SA kent and / or Nats Omaha so I can make some choices. Cruise to Alaska or Hawaii or Boston in the winter.....?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Ha! Sometimes even a blind pig finds and acorn and I have my new machine up and running 90 percent.
    I am going to assume (*** out of you and me) that they will still have the junior nats running concourently at the same time as senior nats.
    The facility at Omaha is great for this....but I wonder how many cities can do two events at once? Boston has the ice but its two miles apart.
    Hopefully, boston will have a booth at SA kent and / or Nats Omaha so I can make some choices. Cruise to Alaska or Hawaii or Boston in the winter.....?
    Alaskan Cruise in the summer (June or July preferable for weather, May or September for discounts) and make sure to either start or end in Seward!

OK, so four of us are going?

Medalist
    Have you counted me, Chris? I will be there with my Golden Skate cap. I enjoyed the skating at the Salt Lake City Senior B, even though only a few of the really good skaters were there. I'm looking forward to seeing the good skaters in Kent and finding out what the food is like at the Country Burger--Teriyaki and Seafood Restaurant.

Here's what I got so far:

CoyoteChris
    KKonas
    DorisPulaski (+1)
    Mrs. P (+1)
    PaulE

Would anyone be up to maybe meeting up for a meal before/between/after the sessions? The stadium is close to Kent Station, which has quite a few restaurants.

And where exactly do you get this Golden Skate cap?

Medalist
    I assume that Chris made up the bit about a Golden Skate cap, but it sounded interesting so I had one made up by lids.com. It doesn't look as good in reality as it did in the design picture on the website though. You can check it out in Kent. I'm certainly game for a meetup in Kent. I will be sitting in the end zone in Section 119, Row 7, Seat 10 and I plan to be there Thursday morning for the practice. Look for the gold colored ball cap with Paul E on the front.

in the past for meet ups we would just wear something yellow or another color so we could spot each other in the meetup spot... I'm jealous you guys have fun and we want reports if you do meet up!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Wish I was going! Skating hasn't been the same since my partner in crime and travel buddy and picture taker (my mom) passed away. Have a great time guys and we expect some great reports and updates!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Here's what I got so far:

CoyoteChris
    KKonas
    DorisPulaski (+1)
    Mrs. P (+1)
    PaulE

Would anyone be up to maybe meeting up for a meal before/between/after the sessions? The stadium is close to Kent Station, which has quite a few restaurants.

And where exactly do you get this Golden Skate cap?

You can add one MoonlightSkater to that list! After weeks of deliberation and budgeting, I've decided that I owe it to my sanity to take a vacation and make the flight back home to watch the skating (I moved to the midwest a few years ago).

My mom and I have tickets for section 113, I believe, and we'll be there for many of the practice sessions, though not all. I plan on going to a couple of public skate sessions at Sprinker Ice Arena in Lakewood on Thurs. before going over to Kent to watch the elites practice (10:30-12:00 normal public session and 12:15-1:15 adult (30+) public session if any of you want to join me skating on some of the nicest figure skating ice you'll ever find- I'll probably show up about halfway through the first of those sessions). I don't have a Golden Skate hat (we have hats?) but I'll try to wear my pink Skate America jacket that I got at the Everett Skate America on Thursday to make myself find-able. I'm up for a lunch or dinner get-together, as well.

Okay some ideas for a meet up.

** Meet before the first competition session at 7 p.m. Friday. We can meet at 5 p.m. at one of the restaurants in Kent Station (http://www.kentstation.com/Dine/Dining.asp), which is next to the rink.

** Meet after the last competition session on Sunday before the Skating Spectacular -- same deal -- a meal at Kent Station.

We can also opp for a coffee meet up during the afternoons between sessions. Saturday will be tough for me to do much because I'm actually going to try to go to a friend's wedding reception in between sessions that day.

Thoughts?

Custom Title
    I would like to meet all of you, but I am working this event and rarely have time for a getaway once the competition starts. Have fun.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Okay some ideas for a meet up.

** Meet before the first competition session at 7 p.m. Friday. We can meet at 5 p.m. at one of the restaurants in Kent Station (http://www.kentstation.com/Dine/Dining.asp), which is next to the rink.

** Meet after the last competition session on Sunday before the Skating Spectacular -- same deal -- a meal at Kent Station.

We can also opp for a coffee meet up during the afternoons between sessions. Saturday will be tough for me to do much because I'm actually going to try to go to a friend's wedding reception in between sessions that day.

Thoughts?
    Both times would work for me. It might be nice to meet up before the competition starts so we know who we are ahead of time!

It looks like Kent has gotten some much better food options since the arena opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I would like to meet all of you, but I am working this event and rarely have time for a getaway once the competition starts. Have fun.
    That's too bad! Are you covering the event as media?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    Both times would work for me. It might be nice to meet up before the competition starts so we know who we are ahead of time!

It looks like Kent has gotten some much better food options since the arena opened up.
    Yes, I think before the competition might be best -- that we we can discuss our predictions and fun stuff like that. But later on could work for me as well!

Actually, now that I think about it, it would just be better if we wore orange T-shirts and carried magic markers so that skaters could autograph them.
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...s303/chris.jpg
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=chris.jpg
    Here I am in the back row with both my arms over my head.
    If I am not wearing my Orange T-shirt, I will have on an orange ball cap like the guy in the front row has....
    Glad you are making it, Paul! My Buddy and I rode our motorcycles through your fair city a month ago but the clouds wouldnt let us see the Olympics.
    Here are some pics from that trip.
    http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...0of%20wa%2012/
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 10-08-2012 at 09:03 PM.

OK,here is the list and what I know about you....I think half you folks are in the witness protection program.

CoyoteChris from Spokane Tall, thin and handsome. retired. Extreamely late 40s. Knows nothing about skating after 12 major events but likes beautiful women. Cant spell or remember names.

Kkonas

DorisPulaski (+1) From right coast, Highly intellegent. Just retired. Likes sailing, cooking and painting.

Mrs. P (+1) Another WA person

PaulE Short balding man with beard. Retired. Fast walker. Excellent conversationalist. From WA. Has beautiful wife who speaks English. Only person with real GS hat

Moonlighter Actually skates and has a pink Jacket, so I am going to guess this is a lady.

(Cant promise meals...I have lots of friends I havent seen since nats and 4 Conts who could show up)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast