Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    That sounds great -- I look forward to meeting you, even if only briefly. I plan to wear my orange sweat shirt it says "Sun City Half Marathon + 5k" on it. Also I'm an Asian girl with dark hair and black framed glasses, so that should help!

So see you all at 5 p.m. Friday for a brief meet up or per-competition dinner or whatever the mood strikes.
    OK, thank you, Mrs. P. That will update us to as follows:

CoyoteChris from Spokane Tall, thin and handsome. retired. Extreamely late 50s. Knows nothing about skating after 12 major events but likes beautiful women. Cant spell words or remember names. Be kind and not offended.

Kkonas

DorisPulaski (+1) From right coast, Highly intellegent. Just retired. Likes sailing, cooking and painting.

Mrs. P (+1) Another WA person, does have orange shirt or hat. Asian lady with black framed glasses

PaulE Short balding man with beard. Retired. Fast walker. Excellent conversationalist. From WA. Has beautiful wife who speaks English. Only person with real GS hat

Moonlighter (+1) Actually skates and has a pink Jacket, 30ish lady. With Mom.

BTW, Mrs. P, you will probably see lots of asian extraction ladies at events like this. Many do come from WA but many come over from Japan. Skating is still big there.
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 10-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post

BTW, Mrs. P, you will probably see lots of asian extraction ladies at events like this. Many do come from WA but many come over from Japan. Skating is still big there.

That's true. Does Kozuka and Hanyu (and Macidea for that matter) have the aunties who go to all the competitions that Dai does?

Don't know (I know nothing about skatin'....I play a fan on TV is all) but I will tell you that I have never been to a SA or 4 Conts where the Japanese media didnt have a large presence. But it will vary on the importants of the stars from Japan at the events like SA and 4Conts. If two certain ladies from Japan were there along with a certain Gentleman, half the seats would be taken by Japanese fans and media. If a certain lady from Korea were there, all the seats would be taken by Koreans during the ladies short and long. Paul, remember when we were at SA Lake Placid when Yu-Na showed up?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I will have to go look for pads then...
    And orange T shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I will have to go look for pads then...
    And orange T shirts.
    you all are going to look like prison convicts out on a "good boy pass" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    you all are going to look like prison convicts out on a "good boy pass" LOL
    Ha! This is what we shall look like on TV when Davis and White take the Ice!
    http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...s303/chris.jpg

If some lady wanted to use my very comfy blow up matt to stay an hour from Boston-clean comfy apt but I cant commit far ahead, youd be welcome here. If someone would drive we could rent a car- I have a manual wheelchair. If I am at all able to help a Gser see nats. I should have gone in 2001, if I am still alive, I will go. If someone needs clean place to stay, my apt may help, but it's way off. I hope I'll be here with you still. May God bless us all. I have no skating freinds.

A world network would be great to build for those who can travel the distances. $178 is very cheap for Bos area BTW. I could accomodate a couple. It would be a long term goal for me-maybe too long term but a dream to see Nationals. SA in seattle-way too far to go without helper. Should be awesome to meet board folk. I envy you. What were the airfares like Doris? Do you go with a USFS bonking or do your own travel arrangements?

Medalist
    I'm game to be by the front entrance between 4:30 and 5:00 PM on Friday. I will be at the arena during all the practices and competitions starting on Thursday. Everyone has been giving a description of themselves so I will just add that the description Chris gave for me is pretty accurate, however I did not think that I was short (I made it to 5 foot 9 inches before I started shrinking). Of course Chris is so tall that he looks down on most everybody (I mean that literally, not figuratively!).

I am not sure about wearing my orange short-sleeve T-shirt in a cold arena so I will either have on a yellow fleece jacket or an orange rain shell. I will also be wearing a yellow-gold ball cap with Golden Skate written on it in blue. If anyone recognizes me at any time, please come up and introduce yourself. (Doris, I hope you got the PM that I sent you.)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    I'm game to be by the front entrance between 4:30 and 5:00 PM on Friday. I will be at the arena during all the practices and competitions starting on Thursday. Everyone has been giving a description of themselves so I will just add that the description Chris gave for me is pretty accurate, however I did not think that I was short (I made it to 5 foot 9 inches before I started shrinking). Of course Chris is so tall that he looks down on most everybody (I mean that literally, not figuratively!).

I am not sure about wearing my orange short-sleeve T-shirt in a cold arena so I will either have on a yellow fleece jacket or an orange rain shell. I will also be wearing a yellow-gold ball cap with Golden Skate written on it in blue. If anyone recognizes me at any time, please come up and introduce yourself. (Doris, I hope you got the PM that I sent you.)
    I have a nice orange fleece vest for you, buddy. Or if you like, an orange fleece hoody with a zippered front. We buy orange t-shirts way oversized so we can wear them over our normal shirts.....I can bring you one of those too to borrow. I am just worried that Rusty Cap will come over and interview us during breaks and put us on camera! I am bringing a felt tip pen magic marker to see if I can get any of my favorite skaters to sign my shirt....I am hoping by nationals, we can have 20 GSers wearing orange T-shirts...wouldnt that look good in the crowd shots! I wonder is Ben Agosto will show up since he lives so close?

...but orange is not *golden*...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ...but orange is not *golden*...
    I think there is a law that says only MK gets to wear gold. Besides, I dont have anything gold!
    Trust me, Orange will look great on National TV.

but they don't know it's GOLDEN SKATE! represent!

I'm just givin' ya a hard time.

We need "official" gear

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If we were to offer "official" gear, which would you folks prefer:

Ball cap
    Hoodie
    T-Shirt
    Seat cushion
    Pin
    Stadium blanket
    Mug
    Water bottle
    Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post

I'll try to make it at the front entrance Friday, and yes, I hope you got my reply.

Custom Title
    All of you going are lucky ducks, I hate to miss the meetup! Do we have any hints yet of where SA will be next year, or when it might return to the east coast?

Have a great time (I know you will)!

I would say if we want to recognize each other on TV as well as at the event, a large t-shirt that can be worn over normal clothes is probably the best. Hats are OK too.
    The problem with gold is that it kind of blends in with the mass of colors of what others wear. Now an international orange t-shirt with a big golden skate blade on it...thats
    the ticket!
    Rallycairn, we shall drink a toast to you and all the other GSers that cant make it as we partake of way too much good food and beverage at the fine restaurants....
    I leave tomarrow from Spokane to the left coast. Look for me in row 3 sec 117 wearing orange on TV.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast