Who is going? | Golden Skate

Who is going?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Who is going? I will be the other fan that shows up. Don't forget to wear your GoldenSkate hat.....

KKonas

Medalist
Great way for me to begin the season with Skate America - my 20th Skate America. Looks like it will be a great event. Love the Seattle area. Looking forward to seeing Evan compete again, and Davis & White's FD, as well as Weaver/Poje. Ashley Wagner, Jeremy Abbott, Denney & Coughlin and Donlan/Speroff as well as a number of other international skaters. This is an important season leading up to Sochi. Wish all the skaters good luck.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Will you watch all the events? Wonderful! You will write us a report, right?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I will be there also! :) It will be my first time seeing a competition live!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We should arrange a GS meetup of some sort! We'll probably be the whole audience :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
replying to thread

My computer is getting very squirrley so If I dont post or reply, or answer messages, its cause all I get is some sort of grey box when I hit reply....
This Vista Machine may be out the window in a day or so.......

Doris, dont say we shall be the only ones there! It may be way too close to the truth after the last two SAs....you and I may be sitting
together and I will say, "Are you the other fan?"

Chris who hates computers....
(some other fans are showing up from "the other forum which will remain namesless")

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
good to see you posting again, Chris! hope you get your computer issues figured out.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
good to see you posting again, Chris! hope you get your computer issues figured out.
Ha! Fooled the machine to working for one last post...buying new machine tomarrow.....
Busy Summer. Three Motorcycle trips, just got home from the Reno National Air races....also went to Oshkosh, WI, rifle shoot in MT, dog show in Oregon, yada yada yada.
30 days of camping....now Spokane is full of smoke! I NEED Kent. I need some beauty and artistry and drama....something where I dont have to do anything but eat and watch.
Cant wait to see what y'all have been up to. Anyone considering going to Boston 2014? I am not sure I like two venues two miles apart, $178 rooms, 7 percent restaurant tax, etc.
Maybe I sit that one out and take a nice Hawaii cruise instead. Or see England. See some of you at Kent, Omaha, and London Ontario. Pray I can put the new machine together....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm hoping to make it to Boston-it's too close to me to miss it again. It'll depend on the price of the tickets, and the state of the Pulaski exchequer next year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ha! Fooled the machine to working for one last post...buying new machine tomarrow.....
Busy Summer. Three Motorcycle trips, just got home from the Reno National Air races....also went to Oshkosh, WI, rifle shoot in MT, dog show in Oregon, yada yada yada.
30 days of camping....now Spokane is full of smoke! I NEED Kent. I need some beauty and artistry and drama....something where I dont have to do anything but eat and watch.
Cant wait to see what y'all have been up to. Anyone considering going to Boston 2014? I am not sure I like two venues two miles apart, $178 rooms, 7 percent restaurant tax, etc.
Maybe I sit that one out and take a nice Hawaii cruise instead. Or see England. See some of you at Kent, Omaha, and London Ontario. Pray I can put the new machine together....
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

I'm in central Washington, not far from all the fires. There's a lot of smoke. The organizers of an annual fair parade in my town had to cancel because of all the air quality -- it's the first time in like 50 years they did that. Things seem to be improving, but still a long road for those firefighters.

Anyway, see you all in Kent. PM if you want to meet up -- it would be great to meet you all face to face! It would be cool to go to Boston, but yeah, it's totally dependent on money, time off, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
We have a family trip planned for 2014, so I can't squeeze in Boston Nationals. It's always so frustrating to think that it's cheaper for me to visit the Mouse than the figure skating (though I think this family trip makes nationals cheaper for the first time ever lol)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Lets see if I can get off one more post before the computer dies....got new machine but have to set it up (I hate that).
But we live and die by computers, it seems...
Mrs. P, you have my sympathy....I havent seen Mt Spokane in Weeks.....
Looks like we are it for fans at Kent. I just changed my reservations to the Howard Johnson one mile away from arena and got a room for $50 a night.
I dont think they will let us in the arena till Thursday at 10 am, by the website.
I am undecided about Boston. The seats are fairly priced but everything else will be an arm and a leg, unless you are willing to share a room and eat scraps.
I am not sure about the two venues two miles apart idea.....one doing Seniors and Juniors and one doing Juniors and Novice. What if you want to see the senior
ladies practice, run over to the other venue to catch the Junior ladies short, and run back to catch something else, then back again.....hope they have a good shuttle.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
iirc Nationals in St. Louis was like that with the two venues... at least nationals in Portland the two rinks were across the walkway from each other.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ha! Sometimes even a blind pig finds and acorn and I have my new machine up and running 90 percent.
I am going to assume (*** out of you and me) that they will still have the junior nats running concourently at the same time as senior nats.
The facility at Omaha is great for this....but I wonder how many cities can do two events at once? Boston has the ice but its two miles apart.
Hopefully, boston will have a booth at SA kent and / or Nats Omaha so I can make some choices. Cruise to Alaska or Hawaii or Boston in the winter.....?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ha! Sometimes even a blind pig finds and acorn and I have my new machine up and running 90 percent.
I am going to assume (*** out of you and me) that they will still have the junior nats running concourently at the same time as senior nats.
The facility at Omaha is great for this....but I wonder how many cities can do two events at once? Boston has the ice but its two miles apart.
Hopefully, boston will have a booth at SA kent and / or Nats Omaha so I can make some choices. Cruise to Alaska or Hawaii or Boston in the winter.....?

Alaskan Cruise in the summer (June or July preferable for weather, May or September for discounts) and make sure to either start or end in Seward! :rock:

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Have you counted me, Chris? I will be there with my Golden Skate cap. I enjoyed the skating at the Salt Lake City Senior B, even though only a few of the really good skaters were there. I'm looking forward to seeing the good skaters in Kent and finding out what the food is like at the Country Burger--Teriyaki and Seafood Restaurant.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Here's what I got so far:

CoyoteChris
KKonas
DorisPulaski (+1)
Mrs. P (+1)
PaulE

Would anyone be up to maybe meeting up for a meal before/between/after the sessions? The stadium is close to Kent Station, which has quite a few restaurants.

And where exactly do you get this Golden Skate cap?