Thread: Donna Summer has passed away

Custom Title

Donna Summer has passed away

Terrible news - Donna Summer has died from cancer. RIP Donna, and as Abba once put it, thank you for the music
    Last edited by Mao88; 05-17-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Very sad news. I had no idea she had cancer. May she rest in peace.

Custom Title
    That's a loss. I watched several of the performance clips that TV programs showed of her, and they reminded me that she had a lovely voice--it wasn't manufactured in the sound engineer's studio. She looked and sounded very good until the end, too. I was impressed that Barbra Streisand, one of the vocal phenomenons of the century, issued a comment today praising Donna's voice. (I think they sang together on something.)

In her honor, I found my favorite song on YouTube: "Last Dance." It still makes me want to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That's a loss. I watched several of the performance clips that TV programs showed of her, and they reminded me that she had a lovely voice--it wasn't manufactured in the sound engineer's studio. She looked and sounded very good until the end, too. I was impressed that Barbra Streisand, one of the vocal phenomenons of the century, issued a comment today praising Donna's voice. (I think they sang together on something.)

In her honor, I found my favorite song on YouTube: "Last Dance." It still makes me want to dance.
    I had to go look since your comment about a duet made my memory buzz. Yes, they did share a duet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More...ugh_Is_Enough)

Custom Title
    Oh, now I remember this! How lovely their voices sound together. Thanks so much, Heyang! Think of all those little whiny-voiced teen clones, with their mechanically induced "hit records," and then contemplate these two ladies' beautiful instruments, each with its own mellifluous shadings. Disco isn't my favorite musical style, but there's no disputing the quality of Summer's voice. Well, she's singing with the likes of Rosemary Clooney now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Its one of my favourites too

Came from the film, Thank God It's Friday, which Donna also starred in. Last Dance went on to win the Oscar for best original song in 1979.
    Last edited by Mao88; 05-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.