Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: GP 2012 assignments

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm more hopeful for the TBA's still out there for Mirai: Canada, China, & France. I'm fairly sure that Russia will fill its TBA with its own skaters, but the other 3 programs are fairly weak. It's possible that Canada may pick Phaneuf again, but if they didn't already, I don't know why they would later.
    Nagasu's already on the list for China, so she can't get a TBA there...

Custom Title
    We all know Gracie can beat Sotnikova. She did at Jr Worlds and also beat her in the SP at the WTT. Only reason she finished behind Sotnikova overall was a subpar LP for Gracie but she knows she can beat her.

Custom Title
    Trust me: Skate Canada is NOT going to name a US skater as a host pick over a Canadian lady. NOT going to happen.

Mirai will be #1 on the substitute list, so chances are good that she will get a second event. Last season, there were only 3 ladies' withdrawals, but in 2010, there were 10.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Douglas Razzano was slightly higher on the ISU Season Best scores list -- #38 (192.95 at Skate America) to Mahbanoozadeh's #41 (185.58 at NHK Trophy) and he also placed 7th to Armin's 10th at Skate America -- this could be why Razzano was selected for Skate America as a host pick, but I'm just guessing here.

That's great to hear! Armin Mahbanoozadeh recently uploaded a video of him landing a quad toe in practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjY4zaWW244
    He can still prove himself and do well this season if he keeps focused and working hard -- I'm rooting for him!

Thanks Sylvia for posting this video. I just think USFS has been unfair to Armin throughout and it must be hard for him and his family. I have watched Armin and followed him since he was a little boy. I believe in him and think he has SO much to contribute to the sport. He finally found the right team and place to train and its showing in his practice as people who see him describing so am just keeping fingers cross that he won’t give up.

Custom Title
    How did Jorik Hendrickx get that assignment? He’s not in the top 24 on the SB list.
    So van der Perren really retired? I miss him…

Custom Title
    Hendrickx is 27th on WR and 28th on SB. My guess is he "inherited" a spot from KVDP, or at least TEB sees it that way.

Custom Title
    just wondering, if a non-American ladies competitor pulls out of SA (with 3 American ladies already), does the spot go to Mirai (top of substitution list) or too the next non-American skater on the list?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    just wondering, if a non-American ladies competitor pulls out of SA (with 3 American ladies already), does the spot go to Mirai (top of substitution list) or too the next non-American skater on the list?
    I think the max is 3, so they couldn't invite Mirai. They would invite I guess the next on the list.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Jorik was 9th at Europeans, and couldn't go to Worlds because Belgium had only one spot this year.

Perhaps he got some love from TEB due to the fact that Kevin got the Worlds opportunity and not Jorik?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

That's great to hear! Armin Mahbanoozadeh recently uploaded a video of him landing a quad toe in practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjY4zaWW244
    He can still prove himself and do well this season if he keeps focused and working hard -- I'm rooting for him!
    Armin!
    Let me join Sylvia to root for him!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    My thoughts on it for the US ladies...

http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to get back to updating it regularly...it's just tough to find the time.

Rinkside
    I cant help but feel for the skaters from less influential federations who had respectable showings at the year-end championships who received no assignments--

Elena Glebova (EST)- 13th at worlds (10th in the free skate), 11th at Euros, SB 157.77 @Merano Cup
    Jenna McCorkell (GBR)- 14th at worlds (12th in the fs), SB 143.84 @Worlds
    Misha Ge (UZB)- 19th at worlds, 9th at 4CC, SB 202.84 @Istanbul Cup
    Christopher Caluza (PHI)- 21st at worlds, 12th at 4CC, SB 184.10 @Worlds

Custom Title
    As for JSF getting Takahashi and Hannyu to compete against each other at NHK, does anyone remember that they did the same with Shizuka and Mao in the 2005/6 season at TEB AND CoC? The fearless and fresh Mao of course came out and nailed everything (3axel, 3flip/3loop etc) and won both. As a die-hard Shizuka fan then (and still is), I remember having very mixed feelings. Shizuka got changed for the medal ceremony looking absolutely gorgeous in Paris though!

Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    Shizuka got changed for the medal ceremony looking absolutely gorgeous in Paris though!
    That's the main thing! Looking gorgeous in Paris -- what else is there?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That's the main thing! Looking gorgeous in Paris -- what else is there?
    I hope to do that someday....and then I'll go looking for the best bookstores and chocolateries and have at them.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast