Haruka Imai JPN
    Akiko Suzuki JPN
    Sofia Biryukova RUS
    Ksenia Makarova RUS
    Polina Shelepen RUS
    Alissa Czisny USA
    Agnes Zawadzki USA

And now we get to guess who will scarf up the TBA's
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 05-21-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Custom Title
    I wonder who will get the 3rd SA dance spot? Chock/Bates perhaps?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    I want to go to cup of China so much! Ando Asada Kostner and Lipinskaya T/S K/S

and Amazing Daisuke!!!! who I would love more than anyone to see him live again!

Such a shame that I will not be in Asia anymore at that time
    I can't wait for this one... I have a feeling it would be the scene changer, Lipinskaya show off all the old ladies of the club: Rumble in China!! :P

By the way, I read there's a new ISU rule change, that athletes who took year(s) off and intend to come back are now required to sign an agreement that they are obliged to participate in GPS unless unforeseeable incidents happen.

Does the fact Yuna is not listed on any of the GP assignment indicate she won't able to qualify for WC even if she change her mind later and want to participate?

-------

And how come all the US ladies Mirai, Alissa, Rachel only got 1 spot?
    Last edited by os168; 05-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks npavel and Doris!

Is NHK a mistake both Dai and Hanyu?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    How come NHK has both Hanyu and Takahashi (#3 and #2 seeds) when both are doing only two events? And TEB has both Joubert and Amodio (#4 and #5 seeds)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I suppose there were deals made between federations.
    The French federation might have made some deal with the Japanese federation so TEB has both #4 and #5 from the Worlds and NHK has both #2 and #3. This means that NHK doesn’t get anyone from #4, #5, and #6 while TEB doesn't get anyone from the top three. I guess the French wants two French skaters instead of one French skater + one top-three skater.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Does the fact Yuna is not listed on any of the GP assignment indicate she won't able to qualify for WC even if she change her mind later and want to participate?
    No, she would just have to do a senior B to get a minimum qualifying score...or ask ISU for an exception like Plushenko did for Euros this past season. Plushenko was able to skate at Euros after arguing that the minimum score was meant to restrict low-score skaters, not high-scoring ones...and he would have to skate in the Euros qualifying round anyway... As reigning OGM, Yuna could easily get the same. and I don't think South Korea has a direct entry at Worlds, so Yuna would have to skate a qualfying round too.

of course, rules could change with the upcoming ISU congress, I suppose.

No Evan? :(

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    This may mean that Evan has used up his only once valid "comback skater" status last year, and the only route is the host pic this season.
    Why "TBA"? Evan and USFS still seem to have things to negotiate till the last minute ... maybe, that is.

Tripping on the Podium
    For CoR I'm guessing Biryukova or one of the Polina's and maybe Plush for men

ugh Finland has only one entry, have a feeling this might be Kiira's last year

Custom Title
    With regards to the ladies and Skate Canada - TBA - my guess is that they want to see what is happening with Myriam Samson and her recovery and not give it automatically to Cynthia Phaneuf....or in my ideal scenario....Ms. Rochette decides in the next couple of weeks to come back...stranger things have happened...

ETA: Disappointed that Paul/Islam did not get a GP spot for dance...way to go Skate Canada...the only way for this team to go anywhere now is to kick butt at Nationals...
    Last edited by heyhey; 05-21-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    No, she would just have to do a senior B to get a minimum qualifying score...or ask ISU for an exception like Plushenko did for Euros this past season. Plushenko was able to skate at Euros after arguing that the minimum score was meant to restrict low-score skaters, not high-scoring ones...and he would have to skate in the Euros qualifying round anyway... As reigning OGM, Yuna could easily get the same. and I don't think South Korea has a direct entry at Worlds, so Yuna would have to skate a qualfying round too.

of course, rules could change with the upcoming ISU congress, I suppose.
    Thank you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks npavel and Doris!

Is NHK a mistake both Dai and Hanyu?
    Thank you both very much!!! This is confusing re: Dai and Hanyu.

It will be so interesting to so what Weir does...and whether Evan comes back at all. Wow, lot's to wonder about in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    With regards to the ladies and Skate Canada - TBA - my guess is that they want to see what is happening with Myriam Samson and her recovery and not give it automatically to Cynthia Phaneuf....or in my ideal scenario....Ms. Rochette decides in the next couple of weeks to come back...stranger things have happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Thank you!
    Personally, I'd love to see Rochette back - I really love her skating! Is this correct - no Phaneuf, yet? And Mao only one?

Custom Title
    This is why predicting the GPs is such a foolish game.

a) Presumably, the rules were either changed or broken for NHK and TEB to get the seeded skaters arranged the way they were. I'm more interested that NHK WANTED Hanyu and Takahashi together, though. TEB makes sense - two stars might help fill the venue, whereas NHK has enough audience appeal with Suzuki, Asada, T/T and Takahashi or Hanyu, imo.

b) No P/I was unsurprising. They need senior Bs. Period. If not, they stand very little hope of emerging into the top 24 of season best/world ranking and earning a spot on their own. That Ralph/Hill were given the spot suggests either that SC wants to reward them for a solid performance in Nice or they want to avoid direct comparisons between P/I and G/P, just in case the international judges decide a different way. At any rate, without senior Bs, we won't be seeing P/I on the senior circuit until after Sochi.

c) V/M chose a bigger gap between their last event and the GPF. Interesting.

d) But not as interesting as the fact that W/P lucked into a competition with P/B outside of France. If they win their first head-to-head of the season, it could set the stage. Conversely, they have to avoid losing to Bob/Sol in either of their events.

e) Dornbush got two assignments. Armin got none.

f) Interesting battles galore: Shibutanis vs I/K in Russia. Kozuka vs Oda in Russia. Miner vs Rippon in Japan. Lipnitskaia vs Tuktamysheva in France. Kostner vs Ando vs Asada in China

g) Super happy that Donlan/Speroff got a host pick.

h) Skate Canada learned from it's gamble last season, and now we see all of their top pairs getting two GP entries.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Personally, I'd love to see Rochette back - I really love her skating! Is this correct - no Phaneuf, yet? And Mao only one?
    Asada has two - NHK and CoC.

Custom Title
    So the real fights are going to be in Asia. Real treats for the audiences but not necessarily good for skater themselves to meet early and be beaten down early. Looks like Brian Joubert is determined to get CoC before he retires. (But it's a bit difficult this time.) Weir and Abbott will meet at TEB. A test for both. Miki Ando got two assignments, and so did Richard Dornbush.

How come it's so difficult for Evan to commit his comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    This is why predicting the GPs is such a foolish game.
    One tried to follow the logic but the logic has fundamentally changed. See if there is some sort of explanation from JSF or ISU later.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 05-21-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast