Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stars on Ice 2012

Custom Title

Stars on Ice 2012

I'm a little curious why there's no talk about Stars on Ice in this forum (unless I completely missed a thread somewhere). The Canadian tour just completed in Vancouver on Friday and I would love to hear what people who saw the tour in the US, Japan, or Canada thought.

I can contribute my own reviews and photos:
    Toronto/Hamilton Review
    Toronto Photos
    Hamilton Photos
    Vancouver Review
    (I also have US photos/reviews if anyone's interested)

But I'd love to hear what other people thought!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I think it's because there were only 10 shows in the US and not many people had the opportunity to see the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    I think it's because there were only 10 shows in the US and not many people had the opportunity to see the show.
    I think that is the main reason.

Since there wasn't a Philly show, we traveled to Hershey, PA (and were grateful to at least have a show within a reasonable driving distance - about 2 hours). Our group was fortunate to see the pre show warm-up, which was cool. My friend Tara beat me to it and covered just about everything she could think of, so here it is:

http://www.toddeldredgemessageboard....ey-SOI-3-18-12

Thank you, Iluvtodd and Tara.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Since there wasn't a Philly show, we traveled to Hershey, PA (and were grateful to at least have a show within a reasonable driving distance - about 2 hours). Our group was fortunate to see the pre show warm-up, which was cool. My friend Tara beat me to it and covered just about everything she could think of, so here it is:

Geat review! Thank Tara for me.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the reviews. A sign of the economic times, with such a reduced US Tour. A shame really, when they can't even schedule a tour date in the NY Metro area. In 2011 we had a decent crowd on Long Island even with sky high pricing.

Custom Title
    Thanks, iluvtodd. The Hershey show and warmup must have been really fun to see.

While we're at it, I'll link my US show photos and reviews. I wrote my US show review for the people who weren't able to see the show - I went all uber-detailed to describe the show.
    Seattle Stars on Ice Photos
    San Jose Stars on Ice Photos
    Seattle/Wenatchee Review

Yeah it is quite unfortunate that the US show didn't have a sponsor or the money to do more than 3 days rehearsal or go to more than 10 cities. Hopefully things are better next year - it does kind of sound like they plan to come back - but I'm kind of waiting and seeing. At least the Canadian tour has an enthusiastic sponsor in Lindt, and a title sponsor in Investor's Group. I guess not many people here are Canadian, since the Canadian tour wasn't reduced at all this year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post

Thanks, iluvtodd, and also Tara!

Rinkside
    Glad you all enjoyed my review. It's a shame the tour hit so few cities this year because it really was fabulous. My favorite since 2005 Imagination. Kurt did a fantastic job!!

Tara

Yay, Tara. We miss you here. Please post your thoughts more often!

Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    Thanks, iluvtodd. The Hershey show and warmup must have been really fun to see.

While we're at it, I'll link my US show photos and reviews. I wrote my US show review for the people who weren't able to see the show - I went all uber-detailed to describe the show.
    Seattle Stars on Ice Photos
    San Jose Stars on Ice Photos
    Seattle/Wenatchee Review

Yeah it is quite unfortunate that the US show didn't have a sponsor or the money to do more than 3 days rehearsal or go to more than 10 cities. Hopefully things are better next year - it does kind of sound like they plan to come back - but I'm kind of waiting and seeing. At least the Canadian tour has an enthusiastic sponsor in Lindt, and a title sponsor in Investor's Group. I guess not many people here are Canadian, since the Canadian tour wasn't reduced at all this year?
    Maybe Kurt can become a co-director for the US tour. Sounds like he brought new life to the Canadian side of things... Scott should use his choreography skills more!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by njtoddfan View Post
    Glad you all enjoyed my review. It's a shame the tour hit so few cities this year because it really was fabulous. My favorite since 2005 Imagination. Kurt did a fantastic job!!

Tara
    Please do stay awhile and comment more. I'm especially glad to hear about how well Kurt did.

On Youtube you will find 3 beautiful SOI skates from Japan, Mao, Miki and wonderful Hanyu. They are worth watching just put in SOI 2012 japan. I wish more was available. if you find others. There is also a wonderful Japanese fan party for Jeremy. He is much loved by the Japanese ladies and received scads of gifts. What a life!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Maybe Kurt can become a co-director for the US tour. Sounds like he brought new life to the Canadian side of things... Scott should use his choreography skills more!
    Kurt is the codirector and choreographer for both tours. The show was the same in the US and Canada except that there were girls' transitions in the US he didn't think worked so he replaced it with a girls group number in Canada which unfortunately suffered from lack of rehearsal time. I talk about all of this in my reviews that I linked...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast