Thread: Stars on Ice 2012

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Stars on Ice 2012

I'm a little curious why there's no talk about Stars on Ice in this forum (unless I completely missed a thread somewhere). The Canadian tour just completed in Vancouver on Friday and I would love to hear what people who saw the tour in the US, Japan, or Canada thought.

I can contribute my own reviews and photos:
    Toronto/Hamilton Review
    Toronto Photos
    Hamilton Photos
    Vancouver Review
    (I also have US photos/reviews if anyone's interested)

But I'd love to hear what other people thought!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I think it's because there were only 10 shows in the US and not many people had the opportunity to see the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    I think it's because there were only 10 shows in the US and not many people had the opportunity to see the show.
    I think that is the main reason.

Since there wasn't a Philly show, we traveled to Hershey, PA (and were grateful to at least have a show within a reasonable driving distance - about 2 hours). Our group was fortunate to see the pre show warm-up, which was cool. My friend Tara beat me to it and covered just about everything she could think of, so here it is:

http://www.toddeldredgemessageboard....ey-SOI-3-18-12

Thank you, Iluvtodd and Tara.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Since there wasn't a Philly show, we traveled to Hershey, PA (and were grateful to at least have a show within a reasonable driving distance - about 2 hours). Our group was fortunate to see the pre show warm-up, which was cool. My friend Tara beat me to it and covered just about everything she could think of, so here it is:

Geat review! Thank Tara for me.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the reviews. A sign of the economic times, with such a reduced US Tour. A shame really, when they can't even schedule a tour date in the NY Metro area. In 2011 we had a decent crowd on Long Island even with sky high pricing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post

Thanks, iluvtodd, and also Tara!

Rinkside
    Glad you all enjoyed my review. It's a shame the tour hit so few cities this year because it really was fabulous. My favorite since 2005 Imagination. Kurt did a fantastic job!!

Tara