Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season - Part 2

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season - Part 2

    On account of a hectic schedule, Tuktamysheva and her coaches decided to finish her season after the Youth Olympics and prepare for next season. Here are some videos from some recent exhibitions/performances:-

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 10.3.12

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Davos Exhibition - 11.2.12

    Looking at the videos, looks like Liza is now really focusing on upgrading her artistry in readiness for next season. For somebody who was entering the senior GP for only the first time last Autumn, her presentation, artistry, musicality, etc, was already pretty good. But if she can successfully enhance it even further over the next 4-6 months, to go with her technical ability, then she is going to be difficult to beat. I think it was a very good idea simply to stop after the Youth Olympics and focus on properly preparing for next season
    This is a continuation of the previous thread which has now been archived. The above quote is from the first post of the previous thread.

    Liza recently appeared at the Believe Charity Gala on the 1st May 2012, where she performed a new exhibition program called "Island Blues":-

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Island Blues - 1.5.12

    Looking at the new exhibition program, it's great to see that Liza is continuing to work on upgrading her artistry. Her GP assignments for next season are Skate Canada and the Trophee Eric Bompard, and its looking very promising for her for next season.

    Here are some photos of Liza from the Believe Charity Gala
    Last edited by Mao88; 05-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,590
    I'm a Liza fan and was struck by how much looks different without the jumps. It is hard to see the gala skate video where she is wearing shorts. I never like how they package her. She is tiny so 5 pounds or the appearance of changes her look which is important. I never saw her with hair down-different color? I hope she does not change up her look totally every season or program a la leonova who is currently harsh looking.

    Well, Liza with consistent jumps is a force and I think she could be golden in Sochi. But now I am feling that with Ashley and a consistent Gracie, we should have one podium spot. I have to say I enjoy her, but Russian ladies are so deep. The leader come Sochi could be one of 4 girls.

    Between the Japanese and Russian ladies, I hope we have a skater on the podium next worlds and in Sochi. Wagner I like better than Liza for many reasons, and I have yet to see Gold on Senior circuit, like all. So she is an unknown to me. Politics/corruption will be very hard for the judges to overcome. She is special and so talented. Polina K is someone I like a lot but she is growing still. Maybe these girls are going to peak in 2018. Gee I just wish the new season would start up. So boring without a competition to watch and discuss!
    Last edited by skateluvr; 05-24-2012 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Custom Title macy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    556
    ^no that's her natural color. her hair has always been dark. looks like she has better ice coverage.

  4. #4
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    I see that her layback is an inch better.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    103
    I really like Liza. I hope she can improve her skating skills over the summer—and just don't gain any more weight.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    I really like Liza. I hope she can improve her skating skills over the summer—and just don't gain any more weight.
    Her weight is perfectly fine

  7. #7
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    990
    I'd say it's much improved. She used to just cock her head to the side. Now she actually bends her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I see that her layback is an inch better.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    384
    Mishin talks about his pupils and their new programs.

    http://nvspb.ru/stories/prishlos-nap...-konsulu-48387

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Mishin talks about his pupils and their new programs.

    http://nvspb.ru/stories/prishlos-nap...-konsulu-48387
    Thanks

    With David Wilson now choreographing Liza's new programs, am really looking forward to seeing them.
    Last edited by Mao88; 05-25-2012 at 05:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Mishin talks about his pupils and their new programs.

    http://nvspb.ru/stories/prishlos-nap...-konsulu-48387
    I am confused now. In this article Mishin said that they are finishing working on Lisa's short program, called "Love Story" choreographed by Georgiy Kovtun. He also said that he himself picked some unusual music for one of Arthur's programs, and it is also choreographed by Georgiy Kovtun. He said further that they haven't decided whether this will be Arthur's main program or not yet. When the reporter asked what exactly will be done by David Wilson, Mishin said he isn't sure yet.

    I was so looking forward to what Wilson can do for Lisa and Arthur but I will probably not have my hope too high for the moment.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I am confused now. In this article Mishin said that they are finishing working on Lisa's short program, called "Love Story" choreographed by Georgiy Kovtun. He also said that he himself picked some unusual music for one of Arthur's programs, and it is also choreographed by Georgiy Kovtun. He said further that they haven't decided whether this will be Arthur's main program or not yet. When the reporter asked what exactly will be done by David Wilson, Mishin said he isn't sure yet.
    .
    Are you really that surprised? How many times have we heard that Plushenko will work with a famous choreographer, but the program still ended up looking practically the same as all his other ones?

    I hope 'Love Story' is merely the name/theme of Liza's new program, because I don't think the Francis Lai score really suits Liza's style as a skater.
    Last edited by evangeline; 05-25-2012 at 10:11 AM.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Her weight is perfectly fine
    Liza did gain a bit of weight and filled out
    but she's not that big yet, it those hideous polka dots she is wearing !
    who in the right mind would get those dress for no less than a 5ft girl.

    btw on that article, so Wilson did nothing like Paqasuale for Pluschenko ? lol
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 05-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.

  13. #13
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Liza did gain a bit of weight and filled out
    but she's not that big yet, it those hideous polka dots she is wearing !
    who in the right mind would get those dress for no less than a 5ft girl.

    btw on that article, so Wilson did nothing like Paqasuale for Pluschenko ? lol
    it is hard for me to tell if it is her or the outfit, but if she has gained weight she has. It is unrealistic to expect these skaters to retain the body of a 15 year old forever, no matter how great that might be for their skating. Obviously her weight will need to be maintained at a certain level for her to remain competitive, but I was always tempted to roll my eyes at everyone who insisted she wouldn't get bigger because her mom is small, Mishin confirmed this, etc. Everyone is unique and I am sure she is trying her best with her weight. It is normal that a 16 year old is/would be filling out some.

    Again, I admit her weight has to be maintained for her to stay competitive, but I hardly think this is cause for panic right now.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    it is hard for me to tell if it is her or the outfit, but if she has gained weight she has. It is unrealistic to expect these skaters to retain the body of a 15 year old forever, no matter how great that might be for their skating. Obviously her weight will need to be maintained at a certain level for her to remain competitive, but I was always tempted to roll my eyes at everyone who insisted she wouldn't get bigger because her mom is small, Mishin confirmed this, etc. Everyone is unique and I am sure she is trying her best with her weight. It is normal that a 16 year old is/would be filling out some.

    Again, I admit her weight has to be maintained for her to stay competitive, but I hardly think this is cause for panic right now.
    exactly
    but its more of Tukt will not getting that much taller ( height ), her parents are indeed short but her mother I saw from a clip was a bit heavy looking
    and its Liza filling out that will change in and it is starting to show, I don't think its an alarm yet, its off season so starting training again, she should be in shape for next season, but definitely she needs to watch and not reach Racheal Flatt or Mirai's weight. that might cause her jump problems in the future

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Are you really that surprised? How many times have we heard that Plushenko will work with a famous choreographer, but the program still ended up looking practically the same as all his other ones?

    I hope 'Love Story' is merely the name/theme of Liza's new program, because I don't think the Francis Lai score really suits Liza's style as a skater.
    You are right of course, I am not that surprised, this was expected. But I am still upset because Lisa is very musical and I think potentially very versatile, and it was exciting to think what Wilson might come up with for her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •