Miki Ando is already better than MK, Sasha, Fumie!!! | Golden Skate

Miki Ando is already better than MK, Sasha, Fumie!!!

Taan

On the Ice
I have been frantically downloading videos of Miki Ando. She is INCREDIBLE. She is a combination of the elegance of Lu Chen , the jumping power of Midori Ito, and the tripletriple ability of tara lipinski. She has Incredible, clean 3lutz-3loop and quad sal. Her spins are gorgeous. Wait untill you see her at Worlds you will be blown away. She is "the next one". She could easily Win Worlds this year. Watch Out!!!

G

God

Way to stir things up! I love a good fight. You have my blessings, child.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
So.......let's see a video of this newest wonder of the skating world...........:) 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
No offense, but that is a sweeping generalization with which I do not agree. In the video I saw, she's got a quad salchow and very little style or elegance. She made many mistakes in the LP at Japanese nationals. In terms of presentation, she looked incredibly Junior-ish to me. Her spins are slow and not very centered. Compared to the video of Yukina Ota, who is elegance and grace personified, the gulf between them was astounding. Ota needs to work on her jumps NOW. Ando does have great potential. BTW, at her age, Michelle was a World Champion. :D

shine

Record Breaker
Thank you, RealtorGal.

If I remember correctly, this poster has a history of posts like this one. :sheesh:

Hi Taan - Rah Rah Rah, I dig the old fashion rally round the team spirit. I'm looking forward to seeing Miki and I'll get to Dortmund, come hell or highwater to see her. I adore new talent but I do not appreciate them winning because they are so young and disappear from eligible skating before they realize what skating is all about - just my opinion.

It's much too early to predict Worlds but I would think about the skaters who have been around for some time to put forth some beautiful skating: Fumie, Cohen, Kwan, Sokolova, all have World's experience - one of them will win gold, imo.

Joe

Germanice

On the Ice
Sorry, Taan, wasn't it you who said something like Kwan is the most perfect skater of all time a few weeks ago and Sasha Cohen could become the greatest skater ever even a few weeks more ago? And now you're claiming Miki Ando could beat those two easily at next years Worlds? :rolleye: :confused: :laugh:

Well, girl, looks like you're quite swiftly to impress! :D

Anke

I'm not putting Miki down. I want to see her also but if she is not in the top 6 at Worlds, she probably will not be on TV. Go to Dortmund!

Joe

Fossi

Final Flight
You better watch yourself. Nobody can say a skater is better than Sasha Cohen and get out alive.

Miki is the greatest!

But guess what? Mao Asada is even better, and she's only 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mathman

windspirit

On the Ice
Fossi said:
You better watch yourself. Nobody can say a skater is better than Sasha Cohen and get out alive.
Fossi, dear, it's New Year's Eve. Why don't you give it a rest? You'll have the whole year for your Sasha-nitpicking (see how diplomatic I can be? ;) ). Besides, Taan has already said Sasha is the best. Who isn't? :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Taan........thanks for the link. I watched her skate and she has potential, that's for sure, but at the moment, not in the same league as Sasha, Michelle, or Fumie........but who knows.....:) 42

Bynx

On the Ice
Re: Miki is the greatest!

Mathman said:
But guess what? Mao Asada is even better, and she's only 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mathman

So true!

Mao is so adorable and has charisma!
I saw her Lp from nationals and this girl definitely has the makings of a fine champion. She's better in every area than Ando, with the exception of jumping! Luv her!

Bynx

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
No offense, but that is a sweeping generalization with which I do not agree. In the video I saw, she's got a quad salchow and very little style or elegance. She made many mistakes in the LP at Japanese nationals. In terms of presentation, she looked incredibly Junior-ish to me. Her spins are slow and not very centered. Compared to the video of Yukina Ota, who is elegance and grace personified, the gulf between them was astounding. Ota needs to work on her jumps NOW. Ando does have great potential. BTW, at her age, Michelle was a World Champion. :D

My sentiments exactly after
watching her performance!

MasterF

Rinkside
MIKI

If skating was a truly bonafide sport, Miki would win Worlds hands down. She is an incredible jumper. Miki does in jumping what Sasha does with artistry. However, skating is one of those sports where reputation matters more than true abilities. So my dear fanatic friends Miki has been building a quiet reputation the past two years. I do not think the world judges are ready for her to crash the party of FOUR (Kwan, Cohen, Fumie, Shizuka). She might make the tope 6 but she has to skate PERFECT. If she faults once the judges might hammer her.

Mao is awesome too, but looks even more like a juvenile skater than Miki. Moa kind of reminds you of Kwan when she first came out (pony tail, underdevelop body, no strecth, just a big smile and lots, lots, lots of jumpsssssss)

If these two girls stay healthy then Japan will have to buy some ABC stock.