Skate Detroit 2012 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit 2012

Sylvia

Record Breaker
here's my recording of hannah's final round fs, not sure if others have found it yet. gracie's is uploading right now and then i will do nina jiang. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEtTRXugMDs
Thanks, macy, for your videos (as well as for last year's Skate Detroit videos! :)) - I posted your link to Miller's above (#35) and look forward to watching Gold's and Jiang's when you get them uploaded.

Thanks for posting Kaetlyn Osmond's video links, Buglady!

Does anybody know jump content of this summer's Gracie Gold FS?
My hearsay info is that Gold's Final round FS jumps at Skate Detroit were 3Lz+3T, 3F+half loop+3S combo, 2A, 3Lo, 2A step out [intended 3rd combo, maybe a 3-jump one?], 2Lz [intended triple], 3F.

Happy to see this Senior highlights article from Golden Skate! http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/2012-skate-detroit-senior-highlights/

Country
Russia
My hearsay info is that Gold's Final round FS jumps at Skate Detroit were 3Lz+3T, 3F+half loop+3S combo, 2A, 3Lo, 2A step out [intended 3rd combo, maybe a 3-jump one?], 2Lz [intended triple], 3F.
Thank you very much.
If intended 2Lz - 2A+3T, she jumped it at National.
If intended 3Lz - 2A+2(T? Lo?).

mskater93

Record Breaker
Definitely it's intended as another 3Lz, not a 2Lz (if you are doing a double anything intentionally, it's probably an Axel as a 2Lz is only worth 1.9 points). The 2A should have been 2A+2T+2Lo (right now). I believe the 3F+1/2Lo+3T is intended to eventually be 3F+1/2Lo+3S. Program is VERY new still, so it's not settled completely yet nor is it second nature like last year's so you have performed it a "million" times yet. Skate Detroit was her first outing with it competitively, so pacing and where the rough spots are competitively are probably now identified.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Great jumps, this girl is a monster.
Yes, monster, but not a perfect female skating.

Very good jumps.
But she still needs a good choreographer and somebody who will tell her "You MUST NOT touch your panties on ice!"

She is one of my loved skaters and I feel that it's not good, if her really great capabilities are limited by poor choreography.

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
But she still needs a good choreographer and somebody who will tell her "You MUST NOT touch your panties on ice!"

There are a lot of skaters who pull the pants on their dress down when they go to their start position. It becomes a habit like putting your right skate on first. I do agree it IS distracting, though!

13KJC13

Rinkside
There are a lot of skaters who pull the pants on their dress down when they go to their start position. It becomes a habit like putting your right skate on first. I do agree it IS distracting, though!

It's part of the presentation process. You adjust your pants, tighten your ponytail, and then take your start position. Skating 101! :biggrin:

mskater93

Record Breaker
It depends on the skater and the hairdo! LOL! Some skaters' pants fit a little better than others on their dresses (I am talking about you, Denise Bielman who wore almost the equivalent of a thong and you, Carolina Kostner, who had a bad wedgie one year) so they don't have to tug on them. ;)

skfan

Final Flight
thank you, macy, for sharing your vids from skate detroit. much appreciated :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I don't know..I don't think it's boring ( I'm imagining it with more miles on it ) There are some very nice transitions and choreographic details..and it's not version of Bohemian rhapsody that we've heard a lot of. ( I was afraid I would be bored when I first learned their music choice )

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I don't know..I don't think it's boring ( I'm imagining it with more miles on it ) There are some very nice transitions and choreographic details..and it's not version of Bohemian rhapsody that we've heard a lot of. ( I was afraid I would be bored when I first learned their music choice )

True. More miles on it could make it something interestin