Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69

Thread: Skate Detroit 2012

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,440

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Do you mean Lauren Dinh?
    Dinh qualified for Sunday's Final but withdrew. (ETA: I meant Saturday's Final.)

    Here's Gracie Gold's SP to "Hernando's Hideaway" - she scored 62.69 in Group B and landed 3F+3T, Rippon 3Lz & 2A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAHHpRcsuI
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-01-2012 at 09:42 AM.

  2. #47
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    563

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Dinh qualified for Sunday's Final but withdrew.

    Here's Gracie Gold's SP to "Hernando's Hideaway" - she scored 62.69 in Group B and landed 3F+3T, Rippon 3Lz & 2A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAHHpRcsuI
    Why is this called Hernando's Hideaway? This is actually La Cumparsita.

    Great jumps, this girl is a monster.

  3. #48
    Medalist DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    Why is this called Hernando's Hideaway? This is actually La Cumparsita.

    Great jumps, this girl is a monster.
    HH and LC are pretty much the same thing.

  4. #49
    Tripping on the Podium macy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    581

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Do you mean Lauren Dinh?
    pretty sure it was nina. she skated like nina. i don't think lauren competed in FR.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,804

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    Why is this called Hernando's Hideaway? This is actually La Cumparsita.
    No it isn't, it's Hernando's Hideaway.

    La Cumparsita is a completely different tune.

    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    HH and LC are pretty much the same thing.
    Only in the sense that they're both stereotypical tangos.

  6. #51
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Dinh qualified for Sunday's Final but withdrew.

    Here's Gracie Gold's SP to "Hernando's Hideaway" - she scored 62.69 in Group B and landed 3F+3T, Rippon 3Lz & 2A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAHHpRcsuI
    Wow, that rippon lutz is bananas!
    Does anyone know if she got an edge call on that flip?- looked pretty close in the video.

  7. #52
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    2,660

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    Great jumps, this girl is a monster.
    Yes, monster, but not a perfect female skating.

    Very good jumps.
    But she still needs a good choreographer and somebody who will tell her "You MUST NOT touch your panties on ice!"

    She is one of my loved skaters and I feel that it's not good, if her really great capabilities are limited by poor choreography.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 08-01-2012 at 08:05 AM.

  8. #53
    Medalist DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,204

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    No it isn't, it's Hernando's Hideaway.

    La Cumparsita is a completely different tune.



    Only in the sense that they're both stereotypical tangos.
    Never mind, I was wrong.

  9. #54
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,325

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    But she still needs a good choreographer and somebody who will tell her "You MUST NOT touch your panties on ice!"
    There are a lot of skaters who pull the pants on their dress down when they go to their start position. It becomes a habit like putting your right skate on first. I do agree it IS distracting, though!

  10. #55
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    24

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    There are a lot of skaters who pull the pants on their dress down when they go to their start position. It becomes a habit like putting your right skate on first. I do agree it IS distracting, though!
    It's part of the presentation process. You adjust your pants, tighten your ponytail, and then take your start position. Skating 101!

  11. #56
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,325

    0 Not allowed!
    It depends on the skater and the hairdo! LOL! Some skaters' pants fit a little better than others on their dresses (I am talking about you, Denise Bielman who wore almost the equivalent of a thong and you, Carolina Kostner, who had a bad wedgie one year) so they don't have to tug on them.

  12. #57
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    411

    0 Not allowed!
    thank you, macy, for sharing your vids from skate detroit. much appreciated

  13. #58
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,612

    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNIMjLJ1Rs

    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch's long program. Kinda boring, but she's improved a lot in terms of line, stretch and positions.

  14. #59
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,811

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't know..I don't think it's boring ( I'm imagining it with more miles on it ) There are some very nice transitions and choreographic details..and it's not version of Bohemian rhapsody that we've heard a lot of. ( I was afraid I would be bored when I first learned their music choice )

  15. #60
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,612

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I don't know..I don't think it's boring ( I'm imagining it with more miles on it ) There are some very nice transitions and choreographic details..and it's not version of Bohemian rhapsody that we've heard a lot of. ( I was afraid I would be bored when I first learned their music choice )
    True. More miles on it could make it something interestin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •