Not about Yu-na | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Not about Yu-na

cosmos

On the Ice
That is scary as hell that someone can get a jail sentence for simply saying what they think. I guess there is no freedom of speech in South Korea.

I said, 'suspended jail sentence." Very rarely, real jail sentece, when judge thinks there was a malicious intention behind it.

I don't think freedom of speech means you can ruin other's reputation based on non-fact.

In US, you have to pay lots of money to person who filed a suit. In Korea, you just got suspended sentence and pays no money. Which one is better?

Last edited:
That is scary as hell that someone can get a jail sentence for simply saying what they think. I guess there is no freedom of speech in South Korea.

There's a difference between freedom of speech and spreading pure speculations based on rumors.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What the professor said was not just an opinion, but something not true, discrediting Yuna's education. Yuna has her rights and her values. She may just feel worse about her sincere and actual effort and investment in her academic pursuit and achievement being devalued than about some other criticisms and derision. She is not seeking to destroy him financially or to jail him. She demands a retraction and an apology for his damaging her credibility and demeaning her education. Her rights and feelings as a person should be respected and not deprived because of her fame and status. In actuality, she has more (reputation) to protect.

Yeah, but isn´t e.g. appearing in a beer commercial rather a fact than a rumour?

Why does that come up? That is not even an issue in this case. And, yes. That is the fact. Did you see commercial? 'twas lovely.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
It must be so difficult to be YuNa. I don't envy her, despite all her advantages and privileges. It's funny; many of us hoped she would retire from competitive skating so she wouldn't have so much pressure. Ironically, while she was training in Canada, she may have had less pressure than she's facing now, because she could go out and about with some freedom, and the news media in North America, as we know, don't pay too much attention to skating.

Yes. I think Yuna should go to Europe for a few years incognito, live and recoup her private life. And call home 1x per month. She can return and do as she pleases but it can't be fun to be hounded. As for locking down the media, L'etoile you mean censorship, right? bad idea. Free Yuna!

Yes. I think Yuna should go to Europe for a few years incognito, live and recoup her private life. And call home 1x per month. She can return and do as she pleases but it can't be fun to be hounded. As for locking down the media, L'etoile you mean censorship, right? bad idea. Free Yuna!

I meant no media approach for her. Just keep a private life somewhere other than Korea :(

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Yuna's life is too full already. I doubt anybody is in a position to tell such an overachiever to get a life, never mind showing her how.

Last edited by a moderator:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Even the ubers realize she isn't perfect but she has an incredible life. I do not agree as I said with the lawsuit thing for reasons I stated already. AND BTW, she has not made an official retirement or did I miss this Yuna fans. She said she'd decide this summer. Yuna has her whole life to do good for Korean skating and her other charities. I think she might be happy to get away fromATS and her very succesful, driven Momager. Yuna has money and could see the world and grow and decide what she most wants to do with her money, celebrity and fame. I doubt Korea would ever forget Yuna if she took a break from the big shows, the constant endorssements, etc. I read she does not have a lavish lifestyle. My concern is Yuna is too controlled by Momager and ? in ATS and gets bad advice at times.

Her soul would be free and she would realize she may be a rock star in Korea, but incognito in the world would keep her grounded. How can you be grounded with the idolizers, the crazies, the press? I'd be travelling and seeing the world were I Yuna. And I'd start with Paris! I wish!

We may see those huge jumps again if she decides she is missing competition. Miki is coming back. I hope Joannie will. When will Yuna announce for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Remember to let the moderators handle offensive posts/members. Use the report post button to call attention to posts you find offensive, and we'll take care of it without dragging the thread down. Everyone must follow the guidelines. Freshen up on them if need be.

Last edited: