Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is going?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Generally speaking, in major competitions, at least 10 rows of seats behind the judges are blocked out except for the camera. Behind that, only ISU officials/ test judges are usually allowed in what rows are left behind the section where the judges sit. (The ISU doesn't want anyone to be able to "read" how the judges vote on their computers.)
    Interesting theory. But I never noticed anything like that in Japan. The rows behind judges are always on sale and it's normally Arena seats, i.e. the good $ ones, sold usually the fastest. You can se no empty rows behidn judges on youtube videos from Japan events. Good policy I think.

Tripping on the Podium

Teb

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Anyone planning on going to TEB 2012? I am going to try. Just the women's field alone makes it worth the travelling.
    Also, does anyone know when tickets will be available?
    hello ,
    i'm french and used to go to this competition since 1996 .
    if you want , you can go easily in the skater's hotel front of the ice rink = there is a bar inside where you can have a drink and you are just in front of the 2 lifts of this hotel ........
    you can see every one ( it's better the morning or before the competition , after there is too much people )
    see you

( just going friday and will be before competition at the bar whith a red bag the north face)
    abfab

Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    hello ,
    i'm french and used to go to this competition since 1996 .
    if you want , you can go easily in the skater's hotel front of the ice rink = there is a bar inside where you can have a drink and you are just in front of the 2 lifts of this hotel ........
    you can see every one ( it's better the morning or before the competition , after there is too much people )
    see you

( just going friday and will be before competition at the bar whith a red bag the north face)
    abfab
    Oh that's great to know! I will definitely be looking for skaters there!
    Also do you know whether people can watch practices or not?
    Thanks!

Tripping on the Podium

practices TEB

Thanks!
    i can't tell you but don't think so
    the main entrance is closed out of competition
    the pratice entrance is at the other side of the main entrance
    hope you will
    abfab

Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Generally speaking, in major competitions, at least 10 rows of seats behind the judges are blocked out except for the camera. Behind that, only ISU officials/ test judges are usually allowed in what rows are left behind the section where the judges sit. (The ISU doesn't want anyone to be able to "read" how the judges vote on their computers.)
    The short program has open seating, and while generally people sit on the opposite side of the judges (it's closer to the entrance), you can walk over to the other side on the upper levels. Some people have said that they weren't allowed to, but we've done it without a problem a few times. It's a lot less crowded on that side, and it's mostly people who are officials from federations sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    The short program has open seating, and while generally people sit on the opposite side of the judges (it's closer to the entrance), you can walk over to the other side on the upper levels. Some people have said that they weren't allowed to, but we've done it without a problem a few times. It's a lot less crowded on that side, and it's mostly people who are officials from federations sitting there.
    I will definitely do that for the SP and SD's!

Medalist
    Anyone planning on going to TEB 2012?
    I'm going too!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    I'm going too!
    Cool - are you going to be there for everything?

http://www.wn.de/Welt/Sport/Wintersp...Paris-ungewiss

S/S may withdraw. Aliona has been sick since SC and has been on antibiotics and has not been training since SC.
    Poor Aliona sounds like she has been very ill. She just started off ice training today. They will make a decision by Wed.
    Does not sound good at all.

Medalist
    Cool - are you going to be there for everything?
    Yes, but I'll arrive late on Friday.

Too bad for S&S. I so wanted to see them skate, though their LP is the worst program they've ever had, JMO.

Thanks!
    Hotel bars are awesome! I did that for Skate America and ended up seeing a ton of coaches + skaters. My convo with Brian Orser at the hotel bar was probably one of the highlights of my Skate America experience. It's also a good chance to meet with other fans.

Banned
    German press published a few articles where they say that participation of S/S in TEB is not clear yet. Alyona had a flu, so she is still recovering. They will decide on Wednesday if they will go or not. This article says that Ingo asked to make an exception for them and send S/S to GPF without participation in TEB. Eh? http://www.wn.de/Welt/Sport/Wintersp...Paris-ungewiss

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Yes, I read this in our local newspaper this morning. It is still not clear because Aliona couldn't train on ice since SC and the doctor actually said they shouldn't compete. The permission to go to GPF was not granted, if they do not go to TEB they are out of it. Ingo Steuer was also very upset at the judging of V/T at the Rostelecom Cup, saying that this kind of judging hurts the sport as a whole.
    Last edited by MaiKatze; 11-13-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    This article says that Ingo asked to make an exception for them and send S/S to GPF without participation in TEB. Eh? http://www.wn.de/Welt/Sport/Wintersp...Paris-ungewiss
    Hah, he has a nerve. No one has ever got an exception, why should S/S?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Yes, I read this in our local newspaper this morning. It is still not clear because Aliona couldn't train on ice since SC and the doctor actually said they shouldn't compete. The permission to go to GPF was not granted, if they do not go to TEB they are out of it. Ingo Steuer was also very upset at the judging of V/T at the Rostelecom Cup, saying that this kind of judging hurts the sport as a whole.
    if s/s can go to gpf without participation of teb,,,, it will hurt this sport as a whole too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast