Who is going? | Golden Skate

Who is going?

Macassar88

Medalist
Anyone planning on going to TEB 2012? I am going to try. Just the women's field alone makes it worth the travelling.
Also, does anyone know when tickets will be available?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It looks like I will be going to Skate America! I am thrilled about it. I didn't think it would be possible (and it may yet not happen).

Macassar88

Medalist
Buying my ticket ASAP - where would you guys recommend that I choose my seat? Which side are the judges on?

Trewyn

Medalist
No, I don't know why, the judges' side is always empty.. I think it's reserved for skaters, officials, VIP?

Macassar88

Medalist
Got my tickets! Going to all four sections! I'm so excited!!! This is going to be my first time seeing figure skating live.

KKonas

Medalist
I don't think tickets on the judges' side are for sale for the competition...

Generally speaking, in major competitions, at least 10 rows of seats behind the judges are blocked out except for the camera. Behind that, only ISU officials/ test judges are usually allowed in what rows are left behind the section where the judges sit. (The ISU doesn't want anyone to be able to "read" how the judges vote on their computers.)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Macassar88, I hope you will tell us all about it! Reports from people that really saw the competition are the best!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Generally speaking, in major competitions, at least 10 rows of seats behind the judges are blocked out except for the camera. Behind that, only ISU officials/ test judges are usually allowed in what rows are left behind the section where the judges sit. (The ISU doesn't want anyone to be able to "read" how the judges vote on their computers.)
;) Interesting theory. But I never noticed anything like that in Japan. The rows behind judges are always on sale and it's normally Arena seats, i.e. the good $ ones, sold usually the fastest. You can se no empty rows behidn judges on youtube videos from Japan events. Good policy I think.

abfab

Rinkside
Teb

Anyone planning on going to TEB 2012? I am going to try. Just the women's field alone makes it worth the travelling.
Also, does anyone know when tickets will be available?

hello ,
i'm french and used to go to this competition since 1996 .
if you want , you can go easily in the skater's hotel front of the ice rink = there is a bar inside where you can have a drink and you are just in front of the 2 lifts of this hotel ........
you can see every one ( it's better the morning or before the competition , after there is too much people )
see you

( just going friday and will be before competition at the bar whith a red bag the north face)
abfab

Macassar88

Medalist
hello ,
i'm french and used to go to this competition since 1996 .
if you want , you can go easily in the skater's hotel front of the ice rink = there is a bar inside where you can have a drink and you are just in front of the 2 lifts of this hotel ........
you can see every one ( it's better the morning or before the competition , after there is too much people )
see you

( just going friday and will be before competition at the bar whith a red bag the north face)
abfab
Oh that's great to know! I will definitely be looking for skaters there!
Also do you know whether people can watch practices or not?
Thanks!

abfab

Rinkside
practices TEB

Oh that's great to know! I will definitely be looking for skaters there!
Also do you know whether people can watch practices or not?
Thanks!

i can't tell you but don't think so
the main entrance is closed out of competition
the pratice entrance is at the other side of the main entrance
hope you will
abfab

Victura

On the Ice

The short program has open seating, and while generally people sit on the opposite side of the judges (it's closer to the entrance), you can walk over to the other side on the upper levels. Some people have said that they weren't allowed to, but we've done it without a problem a few times. It's a lot less crowded on that side, and it's mostly people who are officials from federations sitting there.