2012 ISU Congress Proposes More of the Same | Golden Skate

2012 ISU Congress Proposes More of the Same

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
2012 ISU Congress Proposes More of the Same

Ice Skating International's editor, George Rossano levels a beatdown on President Cinquanta's effort to circumvent ISU rules on term limits for office, calling the justification for his proposal "frivolous to the point of absurdity."

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/commentaries/2012%20ISU%20Congress.htm

The link to this article has been forwarded to the leadership of U.S. Figure Skating with a request that the USFS voting representative to the upcoming ISU congress be instructed to vote against this proposal. A new president should be elected in 2014 as ISU rules indicate.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
As much as I loath Speedy, the only creditable candidate running to replace him is Didier Gailhaguet, the head of the French Federation who was banned for 6 years for masterminding the 2002 SLC cheating scandal, or did Rossano not check into who Speedy's replacement might be.

I agree that the ISU needs better leadership, or at least more honest leadership, but Didier?????? Normally one would agree that they couldn't possible do worse than retaining Speedy, but Gailhaguet would most definitely be worse than Cinquanta. The sport would have absolutely NO credibility under his leadership. None at all.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Didier Gailhaguet suspension was based on the false and canadian US pressure on Le Gougne to say she was pressured - that her judging was corrupt. It was all a lie because Sale and Pelletier just had to win! The whole thing was ridiculous and based on the nonsense that Sale and Pelletier were actually deserving of gold.

nylynnr

On the Ice
I wrote this on another board and was shouted down, but, while Didier is the most public of possible candidates, I don't think he is the only credible (or creditable) candidate contemplating a run. There is no need for candidates to declare interest at this time and several, I believe, are working behind the scenes to measure/assemble support. I don't say Didier will not win, as at its core the ISU is a European organization, but I do think others are interested.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Didier Gailhaguet suspension was based on the false and canadian US pressure on Le Gougne to say she was pressured - that her judging was corrupt. It was all a lie because Sale and Pelletier just had to win! The whole thing was ridiculous and based on the nonsense that Sale and Pelletier were actually deserving of gold.

Yes, she recanted with Didier always at her side when she said it. But there was a hearing in front of an ISU Tribunal where other French judges came forward and admitted that they too had been pressured by Didier, so is EVERYONE lying. To everyone in sports, Didier G. is the architect of the cheating in Salt Lake City. He took the fall for Piseev and the others. He knows where all the bodies are buried.

To the entire sporting world, and to the general public, the ISU would be electing the biggest cheater in figure skating history. People not only have to be honest and upright, they must be seen to be so, and to the world at large, this man should have been banned from the sport forever, not elected to its highest position.