Davankova and Deputat benefit from consistency | Golden Skate

Davankova and Deputat benefit from consistency

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia's Vasilisa Davankova and Andrei Deputat surprised officials and competitors at Russian national events this past season after having only been together a few months.

More

DianaSelene

Medalist
They are a wonderful pair and should have a great season this year. Vasilisa is so gentle - like Gordeeva was when she was young. Are there any chances of D/D getting a grand prix spot? Davankova is age eligible and I know there is a TBA spot at Rostelecom but will Russia give it to them? The federation could give it to Gerboldt/Enbert (who already have one gp and don't deserve another one) or Martiusheva/Rogonov. I just wish they could get a chance to compete against seniors since the coach said their goal is to get on the olympic team.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No. They've already stated their doing the junior GP, and they cannot do both. They also cannot compete on the senior GP then go to world juniors (according to a new proposal), whereas they can do the reverse (go to junior GP, then senior Euros/Worlds etc). I think we might see them at the 2012/2013 WTT though.

DianaSelene

Medalist
No. They've already stated their doing the junior GP, and they cannot do both. They also cannot compete on the senior GP then go to world juniors (according to a new proposal), whereas they can do the reverse (go to junior GP, then senior Euros/Worlds etc). I think we might see them at the 2012/2013 WTT though.

Wait, but I thought it is just a proposal and has not had an effect yet. Last year, Sui/Han did both. I was just not sure if this applies to D/D right now.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No, the proposal not in effect would be the age one. I think. Anyway, that's the logc being bandied about for Yan/Farris staying on the junior circuit.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I think D/D are a promising pair too, but it is very unfortunate for Galina Kukhar and Ukraine to FINALLY get a good pairs dude after so many years but by now, there's no good Ukrainian pairs girl for him to skate with.

Also, I didn't realize that Davankova was so young....

DianaSelene

Medalist
No, the proposal not in effect would be the age one. I think. Anyway, that's the logc being bandied about for Yan/Farris staying on the junior circuit.

Yeah, I was not sure about all these rules/proposals. The info I heard about them seems so vague. Anyways, if the rule is not in effect, I would like D/D to go to Rostelecom. If it is in effect, then never mind.

Macassar88

Medalist
I think D/D are a promising pair too, but it is very unfortunate for Galina Kukhar and Ukraine to FINALLY get a good pairs dude after so many years but by now, there's no good Ukrainian pairs girl for him to skate with.

Also, I didn't realize that Davankova was so young....
Yeah. That's part of why it's so easy for him to lift/throw her.
I love them as a pair and hope that they don't rush too much to get ready for Sochi. I'd rather they don't cut corners and make sure they have a great foundation so they can win gold in South Korea 2018.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Someone needs to bring Galina Kukhar to the US.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yeah, I was not sure about all these rules/proposals. The info I heard about them seems so vague. Anyways, if the rule is not in effect, I would like D/D to go to Rostelecom. If it is in effect, then never mind.
Federations are ASSUMING it's going to pass and so are strategically placing teams/skaters