Igor Shpilband fired | Golden Skate

Igor Shpilband fired

sillylionlove

Medalist
I just read this too!!! I'm so confused. Anyone know anything else? How does this affect all his teams? Will Marina be vouching them now??

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
WOW. And some people were so sure that there was or would be discords among the skaters. Its seems they are quite united in their mutiny.

What an off season bombshell.

Who are his new "kids"?

deedee1

Record Breaker
:eek:

I have almost spilled coffee over my documents at the office Monday morning.
Ice Dance has never made us get bored with all those dramas on and off ice from the ancient times...:unsure:

Last edited:

heyhey

On the Ice
This would explain why so many teams have been going to the Detroit Skating Club. If all three top teams at Canton perceived that Shpilband was not as committed - it speaks volumes. Unfortunately, I can believe Blades of Passion and that the Russian fedoration would have offered big $$$ to Shpilband to ensure at least a bronze medal in Sochi...This was not a decision that was made lightly by the club. My wish list would be for Platov to work with the Canton crew....

heyhey

On the Ice
I would have never thought this but with this news - fans of DW and VM may need to ban together to hope that these two teams will not be adversely affected next year...the drama....the speculation....oieee...ice dance is definitely not boring...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wonder why such abrupt firing without working it out earlier when troubles started brewing. Igor is so shocked. He seems to not believe D/W would turn against him or he would not have tried to contact them. Marina puts it on his taking on exclusive new teams as a conflict of interests but O'neil and the club owner put it on the top 3 teams. Sounds like they only agree on his leaving, and not honourably.

Next one to be fired, Phil Hersch?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What about his wife, Adrienne Lenda, who also coaches at the club?

I just reread the story and found the official reason for Shpilband's firing is utterly ridiculous. He wants to work exclusively with two new teams and the management has no problem with that. So why fire him because the top 3 teams don't want to work with him? Freeing him to his own teams and program should please everybody.

:confused2: What can't they tell us and him?

Be prepared and warned when your bosses call you for a meeting on a Sunday at 5:30. It must be very important that you can't show up on Monday.

Last edited: