Finally went from Winter to Summer [Blogging] | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Finally went from Winter to Summer [Blogging]

I can just imagine!

Beautiful process, awesome...but I can't wrap my mind around having someone recording every moment of it. Yet I know human nature, and there are people who do this. There's an old quote, from Socrates maybe, that the unexamined life is not worth living. But like anything else, this philosophy can be carried to wretched excess.

On another multimedia note, I'll be looking at your blog when I finish with work. Vicarious thrills for me! I don't stand much of a chance of going to either Disney locale in the near future.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
On another multimedia note, I'll be looking at your blog when I finish with work. Vicarious thrills for me! I don't stand much of a chance of going to either Disney locale in the near future.

I honestly feel everyone should do it at least once, but with research. Avoid teh summer at all costs (wish I could follow that advice myself). You can do it on a budget! That's how I do it. :yes: But yeah it can take a while to build up the $$ to go.

I honestly feel everyone should do it at least once, but with research. Avoid teh summer at all costs (wish I could follow that advice myself). You can do it on a budget! That's how I do it. :yes: But yeah it can take a while to build up the $$ to go.

I have actually been, but it was so long ago that it's not relevant to what either Disney park is these days. I went to Disneyland. You're right that if I get the chance to go again, I ought to do research first. One of the great things about both parks' location is that climatewise, it's actually practical to go in some season other than the summer. California and Florida have a great advantage over places like Maine, where my friend lives. She can have guests up mostly only in the summer. She has served as a docent for a small historical site that I think actually closes down for part of the winter.

I've done some research on Disney the man lately, for something I'm writing, and he really is a central character in the development of American entertainment. There was all the innovation in animation, but there were also the nature documentaries, and even his TV stuff was pretty pathfinding. He took his position as a purveyor of family entertainment very seriously.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes Walt's embracing of all new technology - and pushing/plussing everything - is reason not only for advancement in American entertainment, but the sciences as well... NASA's even used some of the Disney technology over the years... other groups have caught up, but it took them over 50 years to do so, really.