Finally went from Winter to Summer [Blogging] | Golden Skate

Finally went from Winter to Summer [Blogging]

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
on my blog. I finally changed the design from the Sled Dogs to Disney in celebration of my trip in August. The topics on the blog are mainly Disney at the moment so I figured why not! http://tonichelle.blogspot.com I am so stinkin' excited to be going to Disney again, and I will have blog updates as we get closer. I invite you to follow along. The cast of characters on this trip is a grand total of 7!

How exciting, Toni! I presume this is the one in California? I actually went there once, long ago. It was heaps of fun even then, and it must be amazing now. I'm eager to take part in your adventure, and I know you'll be a great tour guide.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How exciting, Toni! I presume this is the one in California? I actually went there once, long ago. It was heaps of fun even then, and it must be amazing now. I'm eager to take part in your adventure, and I know you'll be a great tour guide.

Yes Disneyland is in Cali, Disney World is in Florida. Walt was unhappy with the finished product of Disneyland. He'd learned a lot building it and decided he needed something that he could completely control. So he secretly bought up swamp land in FL for dirt cheap and there sits Disney World - he died before they finished (started, really) the Magic Kingdom. :(

This will be my 4th trip to Disneyland (1990, 2006, 2011, 2012) and 9th Disney trip overall (WDW in 2001, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010). I'll be going to WDW next September (making it my 10th Disney trip! yay!), and then my bff and I are planning a Disney Cruise in 2014 for our 30th bdays.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Hi Toni, I guess the photography business isn't too bad, huh? Not sure what else you do, but I like Olympia will be happy to live vicariously. I have been to Disney World once and i'm sure I wouldn't recognize it. I have lost my doctor begging for motorized wheelchair, so I can never hope to go to such places without someone to push my chair. Printer doesn't work and all kinds of things in groups as the other poster said. I hope you take many photos. I did visit Universal studios many years ago with my cousins and loved it. They are jehovah witnesses and all are well and grandparents, I only met them twice. Being disabled is a lot like being invisible in America.

Well, Alaska is known for having many more men. How does that work I wonder? A shame it is so cold and dark for so long, though the Northeast can be miserable.

am looking forward to a weatherless place where there are angels and children and flowers everywhere...Disneyworld would be a great place to retire in. A place filled with delighted children would be heaven for me. Have fun and may the weather be kind. I made banana bread and it's dry but tasty. I don't make much from scratch anymore. Wish I could share it with all. I have a picture of me with pluto in my album. I do poorly in humidity so summer in florida is not appealing but they have such great water parks. I see commercials of Atlantis and that place looks amazing. I loved snorkeling and I love any type of aquarium. I imagine the Disney places must now have some safari type paarks/zoos? That would be my favorite. I hope my PCA will take me to the zoo. Children and animals make me smile. Certainly small scale compared to your adventures. If you have not been to universal Studios I loved it. Is it still operating I wonder?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
on my blog. I finally changed the design from the Sled Dogs to Disney in celebration of my trip in August. The topics on the blog are mainly Disney at the moment so I figured why not! http://tonichelle.blogspot.com I am so stinkin' excited to be going to Disney again, and I will have blog updates as we get closer. I invite you to follow along. The cast of characters on this trip is a grand total of 7!

I visited your blog, how pretty. I wish I could do that but I cannot learn such complicated computer. It is nice to put a face with a name. I am guessing you are part Italian, maybe? Kenai sounds awesome. Both computers won't let me print, saying I was offline. I tried for two hours to figure it out. Then I uninstalled the printer software-tried to re-install and was told it wasn't "supported." Well it worked before!!!! Once I even found a screen where i fixed this 'offline message." Now it is back. In both computers! I know there is a devil. I have one literate freind who did not show up, but he either knows or doesn't. He hates apple and won't learn. I wonder if using open office.org is a conflicts for apple and pc? Anyone who know what I should do. The "nstaller" isn't supported. I have a huge crises and need to write and print. I swear I am, better not say that. I just don't want to go through any more life.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hi Toni, I guess the photography business isn't too bad, huh?
Not really. If I had bills I'd be in a world of hurt. I am lucky enough to live with family and I save money - and I work from home for the Seavey Family to suppliment. The only bills I have are my phone bill and while I have a credit card I pay it off every month. The business is growing though, so hopefully!
I have been to Disney World once and i'm sure I wouldn't recognize it. I have lost my doctor begging for motorized wheelchair, so I can never hope to go to such places without someone to push my chair.
Disney rents motorized wheelchairs/scooters and there are other companies in teh area that do as well. You can rent by the day or by the week, etc. I'm told it's pretty affordable. Disney also has a card you can get if you need assitance more so than a scooter/wheelchair. It doesn't give you extra benefits but it helps to make the visit as easy as possible.

Printer doesn't work and all kinds of things in groups as the other poster said. I hope you take many photos.
Oh, that goes without saying! :biggrin:

I did visit Universal studios many years ago with my cousins and loved it.

I prefer Disney, but I would like to go back to US again, it's been a while (2004) since I've been... and it wasn't the best day to go when we were there. Nasty weather.

Well, Alaska is known for having many more men. How does that work I wonder?
That's actually not true (or as true) as it was in teh past. It's closer to 50/50 now. The main reason was because men were coming up here for work. Military, Oil, Lumber... back when we were a territory and then first a state there were more "men's jobs" than women jobs... Women were less likely coming up here husband hunting as it was to make $$ (in not so great ways) or because they were into adventure... or they were following their men. Didn't make for a lot of choice for the menfolk, women got to be a little more choosey... that's not really the case these days. Especially with the oil jobs drying up, up here.

A shame it is so cold and dark for so long, though the Northeast can be miserable.

We like to say it's dark for so long to make up for the NO SLEEP we get in teh summer due to all of the sun (we'er the land of the midnight sun)... We're much like the bears. Play all summer, sleep all winter. The darkness DOES get to you, though, and even I've felt it the last couple of years.

I do poorly in humidity so summer in florida is not appealing but they have such great water parks.
I'm not a big fan of water parks, I just hang out on teh lazy rivers. I am not a swimmer. I hate going underwater. However Disney has a couple that are incredible!
And I hear you, humidity is killer. I wouldn't mind living in FL November - Feb though. lol

If you have not been to universal Studios I loved it. Is it still operating I wonder?
Yes in fact it's expanded in FL to three parks - Universal, Islands of Adventure, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The original in Hollywood still is just the one park, but they are building a Harry Potter Park set to open next year.

I visited your blog, how pretty. I wish I could do that but I cannot learn such complicated computer.

I don't do it all myself. http://www.blogspot.com is what I use, they do all the coding, all you have to do is post. They can do layouts and all that jazz. I only just recently put together my own graphics for the blog.

It is nice to put a face with a name. I am guessing you are part Italian, maybe?
Nope! German, Irish, and English.

Kenai sounds awesome.
It's a quaint little town. It's dying though thanks to the lack of oil exploration. But that's a rant that does not belong in le cafe and I really don't want to rehash it again in the politics forum.

Last edited:
I don't know how to do any of the photo stuff either, and I find it fascinating to see what other people manage to achieve, especially travelers or those who live in interesting places. Imagine getting to see Disneyland without having to arrange for air travel or hotels. Come to that, imagine getting to see Alaska. Alas, if I ever get to see these places for myself, I will not have any decent pictures to share with the rest of you. All thumbs with a camera.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you just have to understand light, once you do that then you can use any kind of camera and get results!

There's a new Disneyland update on the blog. I've posted about other things as well. :)

Last edited:
Seriously? The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Oh, goodness, a shared Cinderella moment. It sounds like playland for all ages.

Thanks for the tip on light, Toni! So far, I understand light only as it relates to (1) pencil on paper (my preferred method), (2), standing there feeling awestruck as tangible sunlight pours through tree branches or turns russet at sunset, (3) watching glow in landscapes by people like Gainsborough. I'll try for the fourth one, Camera Pointed at View (or Doll Display) because one should always learn new things.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
keep the light to your back with a point and shoot. Try not to shoot at high noon, that's when the light is harshest. Don't use a flash on far away shots - it will drop off too soon and you'll just have a crappy pic (this is one of the many reasons I get pissy at people who flash at figure skating events. learn to use it, or don't bring it! LOL)

btw here's a direct link to all of the posts I have about the Disneyland trip - http://tonichelle.blogspot.com/search/label/disneyland 2012

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's such a harsh light, unflattering if you don't have the ability to get it off your camera or diffuse the light.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've updated the blog, if you're wanting to follow along with the Disney trip. This weekend I'm going to be shooting a wedding and then next week I think I'll be a blogging fool to catch up with life.

Ooh, a wedding. Hope it isn't too frenzied, and that the weather is good. Even if a wedding is indoors, rain plays havoc with hems and shoes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's been pretty rainy this week, so hopefully the sun stays out like it has today!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm doing a photographic countdown to disney on the blog right now, if you're interested.

Wedding shoot went well yesterday the weather was perfect, now I'm getting ready to do a maternity shoot!

I'm almost afraid to ask. What is a maternity shoot?

Glad that the weather was in your favor yesterday. I'm assuming the maternity shoot is indoors, so at least you won't have to worry about that one factor.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it was outdoors... a Maternity shoot is a baby belly shoot (normally done a week or two before due date, when mom's belly is really showing). I don't do nudes or nearly nudes. My mom today wasn't into naked/nude/no clothes belly shots, but we had a lot of fun. We did it outdoors, we're close to if not over 70* here, which is HOT here...

I learn something new every day. Never heard of this! It sounds like a great way to mark the pregnancy. I asked because from what I know of you, you wouldn't be likely to photograph someone in any unclothed way, but the name suggested that the actual childbirth process was being shot in some way. Thanks for clarifying. Glad it was fun for you and the mom.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I learn something new every day. Never heard of this! It sounds like a great way to mark the pregnancy. I asked because from what I know of you, you wouldn't be likely to photograph someone in any unclothed way, but the name suggested that the actual childbirth process was being shot in some way. Thanks for clarifying. Glad it was fun for you and the mom.

yeah, no, I don't do birth[ing] photography, I'd be super uncomfy.