Boston selected for 2014 US Nationals | Golden Skate

Boston selected for 2014 US Nationals

ice coverage

Record Breaker
U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating
U.S. Figure Skating is pleased to announce that the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be held in Boston at TD Garden.​

- Dates: Jan. 5-12, 2014

- The event will be broadcast live on NBC Sports and online at IN.

- Tickets to the 2014 U.S. Championships will be available later this summer.

- Practice for the 2014 Championships will be held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.

- Full press release: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48163&type=media
It also has locations and dates for the Regionals and Sectionals in autumn 2013.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating
U.S. Figure Skating is pleased to announce that the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships will be held in Boston at TD Garden.

OMG!! The Olympic trials to be in Boston, where I live!! Time to start pinching pennies NOW for tickets!! So excited.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG!! The Olympic trials to be in Boston, where I live!! Time to start pinching pennies NOW for tickets!! So excited.

Tsk. They are not the Olympic Trials. To call them as such would give the USOC reign over how it is conducted and who is chosen to go... the USFSA won't stand for it! ;)

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
All I can say is....YESSSSS Northeast baby! Finally!! :hb:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
FINALLY Nationals in the Northeast and in Boston less than 1 hour from my home. It has been a long time since Boston has hosted Nationals. I remember in 2001 the "Kween" competing in Boston it was awesome.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The USFSA has heard your pleas! Now, reward them and fill those seats!

b-man

Final Flight
For those not familiar with Boston, how far is it from the TD Garden to the Convention center? Is it within walking distance?

Olderbear

Rinkside
For those not familiar with Boston, how far is it from the TD Garden to the Convention center? Is it within walking distance?

Unfortunately, NOT within walking distance. This is exciting! I went to the 2001 Nationals which were held at the old Boston Garden, which was a real dump!

heyang

Record Breaker
Hmmm... definitely under consideration.... I made the mistake of not going to Philly in 1998. My cousin lives in Cambridge within walking distance of a t-stop. Seems like this definitely requires some planning.

noskates

Record Breaker
Well, I can fill one of them. :)

I'll be going. My friend and I went to San Jose this year and were waiting anxiously to see where 2014 would be. It will be the closest I get to seeing Olympic performances (hopefully!)