Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VERY Early Predictions

Custom Title
    yep ashley will win skate american -cheat for her
    alena, adelina, will medal with christina, rachel outside shot
    canada
    i am going with

akiko, elizaveta, caroline zhang for medals with kanako, gracie outside shot

russia
    adelina, alena, will medal with caroline, kanako outside shot

china

yulia , miki , mao for medals with kiira, mirai outside shot

france
    ashley, yulia, miki medal

nhk,
    mao, agnes, akiko will medal

but if like all other gp events if you medal in 1st event guarantee will medal in 2nd. especially if you win. cheat for you to do it
    al

Banned
    I don't want to jinx anybody but I know Skate America's winner will be Ashley Wagner and Rostelecom will be one of the Russians

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I don't want to jinx anybody but I know Skate America's winner will be Ashley Wagner and Rostelecom will be one of the Russians
    At Rostelecom-2011 were no Rissian winners.
    Gachinski - 5.
    Leonova & Sotnikova - 2 & 3.
    Pairs - 2 & 4 & 5.
    Dance - 3 & 4 & 7.

Skate America

1.Ashley Wagner
    2.Haruka Imai
    3.Christina Gao
    4.Adelina Sotnikova

Skate Canada

1.Akiko Suzuki
    2.Kanako Murakami
    3.Caroline Zhang
    4.Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Cup of China

1.Mao Asada
    2.Miki Ando
    3.Mirai Nagasu
    4.Li Zijun

Rostelecom Cup

1.Kanako Murakami
    2.Caroline Zhang
    3.Gracie Gold
    4.Agnes Zawadzki

TEB

1.Miki Ando
    2.Ashley Wagner
    3.Li Zijun
    4.Elizaveta Tuktamisheva

NHK

1.Mao Asada
    2.Akiko Suzuki
    3.Haruka Imai
    4.Li Zijun

The Russian girls just didn't do well considering the test skates and such or the last time Eliza skated, they won't be ready in time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post

The Russian girls just didn't do well considering the test skates and such or the last time Eliza skated, they won't be ready in time.
    didn't ? they havent even competed yet
    and you are basing predictions out of test skates than are done 2 months before their start of competitions ?

although Tuktamisheva might be in question since she was off the ice for 2 weeks due to minor leg injury but she is training now again
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 09-27-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Skate America

1.Ashley Wagner
    2.Haruka Imai
    3.Christina Gao
    4.Adelina Sotnikova

Actually Adelina looked pretty well at the test skates, she landed 6 triples in her FS and her SP is promising. I don't see Gao or Imai beating her considering she already looks much better than last season.
    I hope your predictions about Mao are right though

Grand Prix's are so hard to predict, but I'll take a shot at the men's and ladies':

MEN

Skate America
    1. Evan Lysacek (If he actually shows...)
    2. Yuzuru Hanyu
    3. Jeremy Abbott
    4. Michal Brezina

Skate Canada
    1. Patrick Chan (the only prediction that I am quite sure about)
    2. Javier Fernandez
    3. Ross Miner
    4. Florent Amodio

Cup of China
    1. Daisuke Takahashi
    2. Brian Joubert
    3. Nan Song
    4. Adam Rippon

Rostelecom Cup
    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Takahiko Kozuka
    3. Artur Gachinski
    4. Michal Brezina

Trophee Bompard
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Jeremy Abbott
    3. Florent Amodio
    4. Johnny Weir

NHK Trophy
    1. Daisuke Takahashi
    2. Yuzuru Hanyu
    3. Javier Fernandez
    4. Ross Miner

Ladies

Skate America
    1. Ashley Wagner
    2. Alena Leonova
    3. Adelina Sotnikova
    4. Haruka Imai

Skate Canada
    1. Akiko Suzuki
    2. Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva
    3. Kaetlyn Osmond
    4. Gracie Gold

Cup of China
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Julia Lipnitskaia
    4. Mirai Nagasu

Rostelecom Cup
    1. Alena Leonova
    2. Adelina Sotnikova
    3. Caroline Zhang
    4. Gracie Gold

Trophee Bompard
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Ashley Wagner
    3. Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva
    4. Julia Lipnitskaia

NHK Trophy
    1. Akiko Suzuki
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Agnes Zawadski
    4. Ksenia Makarova

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post
    Grand Prix's are so hard to predict, but I'll take a shot at the men's and ladies':

Ladies

Skate Canada
    1. Akiko Suzuki
    2. Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva
    3. Kaetlyn Osmond
    4. Gracie Gold

Rostelecom Cup
    1. Alena Leonova
    2. Adelina Sotnikova
    3. Caroline Zhang
    4. Gracie Gold
    Some bold predictions here having Gracie Gold beat by Kaetlyn Osmond and Caroline Zhang, at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia respectively. Gracie score at the Salt Lake City Senior B, with several mistakes in both the SP and FS, was 171.15, well above Carolines's score of 124.13 at Nebelhorn and still above Kaetlyn's score of 170.19 at the same competition.

I think Kaetlyn has a lot of promise, but she doesn't have the technical arsenal that Gracie does with her 3 3-3 combos (3F-3T; 3Z-3T + 3F-1L-3S).

That said, anything could happen -- after all nobody expected Kaetlyn to beat Adelina either...

Probably will have a better picture of where Gracie is after Regionals this week coming up...

Custom Title
    I feel like the scores at the Salt Lake event were more inflated compared to Nebelhorn, though. Gracie getting a 59 for her SP with a 2-2 combo receiving mandatory -3 GOEs was pretty ridiculous, and her FS score was a bit high for the mistakes she made. Further, her total score was comparable to what she earned at JGP Estonia and JW last season, where she was pretty much clean in both programs, so even though she's now a senior and has gained some reputation and her PCS have improved a little, given the number of mistakes she had, the numbers seemed inflated. The scores at Nebelhorn seemed more reasonable, so I think, had Gracie skated her SLC programs there, she would have scored lower and Katelyn still would have won. Across the board the SLC scores seemed high, but particularly for US ladies and men. Also, I thought Gracie didn't have to compete at regionals?

She has to skate Regionals - she does not receive an automatic bye (5th or better in Seniors) and she has no international +/-1 week to Regionals. She will get a bye through Mids if she qualifies from Regionals (which she should) as SC is in the +/- 1 week to Mids.

I think the scores were equally inflated at both events looking at the video of both. Gracie had better non-jumping element BVs in the SP to keep her in the mix in the SP (along with a BEAUTIFUL 3Lz without an edge call and 2A). Her first two jumping passes in her LP are ridiculously high scoring even if they aren't perfect (between the two elements, I think she scored over 20 points BV alone due to their difficulty and that doesn't include what the judges thought of them) which gives her a huge advantage right there in score even if she makes a couple mistakes. If Gracie's technical score hits (at least close to) what she's got planned in both programs and her PCS hovers around what she scored at SLC (and doesn't increase for a clean performance and more mileage on the programs which make them look more polished and complete with better flow), she's in the 185-190 range internationally (not including GOEs, just BV increases) with the elements she missed/doubled. I don't think Katelyn can match that yet. Underestimate Gracie all you want, but now that she's got that first Senior international out of the way (and early), she will make adjustments and just continue to improve and improve through the season (and she left a LOT of points on the table in SLC). This is a girl on a mission, without a doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Some bold predictions here having Gracie Gold beat by Kaetlyn Osmond and Caroline Zhang, at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia respectively. Gracie score at the Salt Lake City Senior B, with several mistakes in both the SP and FS, was 171.15, well above Carolines's score of 124.13 at Nebelhorn and still above Kaetlyn's score of 170.19 at the same competition.

I think Kaetlyn has a lot of promise, but she doesn't have the technical arsenal that Gracie does with her 3 3-3 combos (3F-3T; 3Z-3T + 3F-1L-3S).

That said, anything could happen -- after all nobody expected Kaetlyn to beat Adelina either...
    I think that Gracie is awesome, but I just have the feeling that at Skate Canada, with Kaetlyn skating in her home country, Kaetlyn is going to come out and surprise some people and win bronze. Of course I could be wrong. We'll have to wait and see

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post

MEN

Skate America
    1. Evan Lysacek (If he actually shows...)
    He has withdrawn ... [URL="http://www.kentreporter.com/news/173591541.html"]http://www.kentreporter.com/news/173591541.html[/URL]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    She has to skate Regionals - she does not receive an automatic bye (5th or better in Seniors) and she has no international +/-1 week to Regionals. She will get a bye through Mids if she qualifies from Regionals (which she should) as SC is in the +/- 1 week to Mids.
    Gracie Gold has a bye through this week's Upper Great Lakes Regional -- she is not listed in the Senior Ladies SP starting order. AFAIK, the Chair of USFS' Competitions Committee has the authority to grant Regional (ETA: or Sectional) byes to singles skaters with 2 Grand Prix or Junior Grand Prix assignments (I believe Rule 2473 is applicable here and why Courtney Hicks received a bye through this week's SWP Regional even though her 2nd JGP was 2 weeks ago). Gold will receive a bye through Midwestern Sectionals because her Rostelecom Cup GP assignment is the same week as Mids.

Here's the link to the U.S. Regionals info, results and discussion thread (Senior Ladies short programs at NE, UGL & SWP are today): [url]http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?37991-US-Regional-Competitions-start-Sept-28th&p=666244&viewfull=1#post666244[/url]
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-15-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: to add "Sectional" & link to US Regionals thread

Yes, she was originally scheduled to be at Regionals and had been gearing up for it. She's there anyway supporting Carley...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast