prayer warriors? any here on GS? | Golden Skate

prayer warriors? any here on GS?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
if anyone here is a believer and a sincere prayer warrior, i ask your prayers. medical care and medicine crisis and pca is not working. also minor theft. i had a really awful week, and am glad skating forums provide info and diversion. very serious chronic problems, little support (26 years-one gets forgotten by all the "normals' living a life of family, work, vacations and occasional crises.) we just had another kitchen fire in my bldg. i'm on 14th floor. and the elevators get shut down. i wonder if firemen could save the totally chair bound? 19 floors, 160 apts. boy, do i miss suburbia. I go to elevator and get out or try before FD gets here and shuts them down. Otis the cat takes all in stride! Bless him!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not a prayer warrior, but you're in mine.

You might want to call the local fire department and ask them what you should do in case of fire--their usual advice in NYC is to stay in the room (perhaps blocking any space under the door), but you might feel safer if you knew they knew a housebound person is in Apt xxx. And I expect they might have some very practical advice.

I have been praying for you as well, SL.

I know how you feel about being in an apt. during a fire. We had a small fire in our building when I was caring for Mom a few years ago. I knew I couldn't get Mom down the stairs. And I realized I couldn't leave her. Fortunately, it's a strong building and it was a small fire contained in another apartment. But I was so aware that both our lives were not in our own hands at that moment.

Doris has as usual come up with great advice. You should make contact with the local fire station. If you can get out, it would be nice to visit them, even--just to make yourself feel better that people are looking out for you. You could ask them for advice face to face. And I'm glad you have Otis to keep you company. Cats purr instead of praying--their own peculiar blessing to us.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thank you ladies. it's pouring figuratively-my spiritual father who I though twas with food poisoning or a tummy bug is in icu- i knew in my heart last night when phone went unanswered. He is 82, beloved, orthodox preist. type 1 diabetic, stroke maybe 6-7 years ago- limps now but has done well-wife passed few months back after wonderful, blessed marriage. 3 mostly blocked arteries per the son and it does not look good. he had little info. i am wondering if stents will be possible. Fr Spero deserves anyone's prayers. Oh, God. I just called a prayerline, and had I known at Mass... i was so distractedly tired. Not ready to let him go! I can't believe what is going on. Looking for more prayerlines.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skateluvr, do all the apts have fire alarms?? It's a mandatory in the city where I live. Once while I was home I heard the alarm go off and I went across the hall to the apt and knock on the door. I could hear that it was that apts alarm. I couldn't smell any smoke so I called the manager and he came over and unlock the door. He said I had to go in with him so I did and what we found was someone left the teakettle on the stove and it had burned the whole bottom out. There was little smoke and heat in the apt but enough to set off the alarm. The owner of the complex was so grateful.... he said I could deduct $50 off of my next month's rent. My brother said he could have at least given me a whole free months rent for all the money I saved him. I was thankful for the $50.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes. we have fire alarms dee. It's always at night, around 11 pm or later. I am often snacking but cooking? Different cultures here. It's a concrete bldg and the firemen says they'd be able to get people out but I wonder. Aslong as there was no other fire. I'm sure it wouldtake all the FD we have and the towns around. People are very careless. I forget myself to turn off oven and stovetop, so I understand. One good thing is the bldg is gone non smoking. Some have moved and others must be out 50 feet away. I have no diea how compliant folks are. AFter a life time of observing, smokers will often do as they want-once I saw a fracas on a plane. So I guess it is safe.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
My beloved Fr Spero apparently can't have any surgery as they fear it will kill him. He had a heart attack, mild Tuesday and was not taken to Hospital until his sugar was 400 on Friday. I guess stents are not possible? His son giving news is smart but has some dvelopmental issues so he is not able to explain in detail, and only family is appropriate for ICU. They said maybe medication. Anyone know what they would use and what are his chsnces of survivsal if he has three very clogged arteries? He felt pretty well up until this week. I am so worried. I know he needs his rest and the nurse said visitors are of curse too much.

I knew another presit who has done well with stents and he was only 70 and not a diabetic. I am so frightened, at 55, I am overweight but from medication and pain issues of very long standing. I wonder what is next after ICU if he does ok? A rehab? I hope they at least keep him in a medical floor to assure he is monitored and rests. The hospitals throe people out way too early, I know myself after surgery and my brother was pushed too fast from ICU to "step-down" unit.

Tomorrow is a huge day for me and I ask your prayers ladies and any gents who read the cafe threads. I am avoiding what I must do, as usual, reading about skating. Anyone else spend too much time watching skate videos and reading forums? Not the worst escape, is it tho. LOL.

Fr Spero is getting lots of prayers. He has had a very good life but many need him and love him a lot. Heaven, I hope can wait. Please God! I am very worried.

It's hard with diabetes, because that in itself is such a risk factor for heart disease. I'm sure he's on or will be put on a bunch of medications, including blood thinners to help avoid clotting, and things like beta blockers and calcium blockers, which interrupt the production of some substances within the body. There are some cholesterol-lowering drugs too, I think. If he is mobile, he might be encouraged to exercise. I presume he's already watching what he eats, but if his weight is up, he'll be advised to lose weight.

I agree that they send people home too fast, but you know, there are times when a hospital is no place for the sick! I hope this is one of those times.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thanks Olympia. You have a heart I can count on on GS. Surgery for Fr. at 10 am. They changed their minds I guess, and I did not want to take any rest from him-he has had some preists and a couple friends, but non-family is of coursed discouraged, as it should be in ICU. He is a type 1 diabetic-his whole family, I am type 2, and it is medication I don't sleep without. Yesterday, I was told surgery could kill him and tomorrow something his "limited" son does not understand will happen? Ballon Angioplasty? Stents? The ICU nurses cannot say to me via phone due to Hippa. It's all so fast I could not get to hospital. He is a favored son of God, that I know, so it's up To God to decide where he goes. I am afraid this is the beginning of the end. Somehow i felt he might have a few more years but his happy life I realize gave him many more years and his beloved Mary who he cared for like I would wish had been my fate. Such a great human being. I am very nervous. I hope to get more sleep tonight, call tomorrow afternoon and go to a place with flowers if I am up to it. I read the PETA thread and hesitate to say I wish to visit a zoo! It's been years and I love animals. I guess they should never be in captivity but since they are...Well, we are heading into the hottest summer they say. The days race past us, no matter what.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree that they send people home too fast, but you know, there are times when a hospital is no place for the sick! I hope this is one of those times.

infections and illness is what one comes home with from the hospital. if they can do well at home, it's best to let them leave!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
That is true, they call them I think nosocomial infections or something like that. And most are passed because personnel do not wash their hands. Now those foam dispensers are everywhere and signs next to them telling patients to ask,"Have you washed your hands?"

Such a simple, low cost preventative. Well, time for bed.

thevaliantx

Rinkside
I am not a prayer warrior, but that's because I constantly talk to my Father, who is in Heaven. Are you a believer in the Son of Man, skateluvr?

sillylionlove

Medalist
Hey SL....my dad had stents with a 99 percent blockage in two arteries. However, they would normally do a bypass on that. But my dad refused to have his chest cut open and the doctor said that he think he could stent it. However, if you are not in good health then bypass is usually not an option. Opening up the whole chest cavity runs a very high risk or infection. And a complete blockage is tough to open with stents.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am not a prayer warrior, but that's because I constantly talk to my Father, who is in Heaven. Are you a believer in the Son of Man, skateluvr?

yes, after sooooooooooomuch x so much to the tenth power. I yak to heaven. Pls pray 4 me. urgent needs.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
sillylion, he has one artery open, the stent went well, he is home from rehab, praise be to God.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am struggling, my PCA was doing some minor theft, but I of course had to let her go. So many personal losses. I feel so ill. We had a heatwave which passed. I had a mass offered and I wonder who hears. My prayers and good deeds have always worked for others...like Bernadette and the waters of Lourdes...she said they were "not meant for her." Thanks for prayers from any and all. Lots of people to remember today. Earth's crazy weather continues. End of June and I am not keeping up. i read about and see on Oprah a man named John of God in Brazil who seems like he could be fake but it certainly is strange. Dr Wayne dyer claims he was healed"long distance" from Leukemia. I did send an email, nothing to losse, but nothing came back. Disappointed. He will be coming to the Northeast in September at a new age enclave called "The Omega Institute." It was started by doctor and his wife and years ago I went looking for holistic doctors. Well, I camped and got poison Ivy and lots of other interesting things related to that adventure.

It's a several hour drive but certainly more possible than a trip to Brazil. People get desperate. He is described as a psychic surgeon. i met one from the Phillipines many years ago, and while I felt like his finger enetred my back, there was no healing. A freind's freind had cystic fibrosis and he was in his 30's (life expectancy is maybe 35) so he sponsored him. This "alledged healer" says he channels "entities" spirits, of passed doctors, healers, even saints. People go through strange procedures without aenesthesia (scraping of the cornea) and feel nothing. People from all over the world seeking healing and I am sure curisoity seakers go there.

It is interesting how Wayne Dyer has morphed from the famous new Age type guru/positive/thinker/motivation speaker to someone now selling a video about asissi, Lourdes and medjugorje, the three uber famous Marian Shrines most visited on the earth. So he was healed (maybe) by some sort of medium/healer and also into Catholic saints and Marian shrines at age 71. I sure wish he'd make his medical records and doctor's name public. About his dx and healing there is not a lot of detail in his interview with a sceptical Oprah who has had John of God in her magazine.

Well, for uplifting and definitely real. PBS is replaying Jackie Evancho's special, and she is duetting with a video of a younger Barbra Streisand. I have never seen or heard of a child like jackie who can sing opera at 10 years old. Beautiful child and Streisand at her peak. Jackie sings like an angel and looks like one, if anyone wants to hear a magical voice, jackie is the real deal. Purity, shades of Charlotte Church, but even better. David Foster directs her in this special made last year. When I hear her, I feel there must be a heaven if such a child and voice exists. I think her CD id just wonderful from this concert.

Thank the Lord for PBS.