Michelle Kwan's timeless skates | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan's timeless skates

Thanks! These skates are among the most compelling reasons that I'm a skating fan. Can't get this thrill from football or even gymnastics. (Speaking for myself.)

That Lyra Angelica without commentary....wow! To see it with nothing but her skating and the music brings out all the bewitching beauty of it.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That Lyra Angelica without commentary....wow! To see it with nothing but her skating and the music brings out all the bewitching beauty of it.

We were SO lucky to be there (Philly 1998)! Wish we could have seen her 1996 Worlds Salome live too! Absolutely brilliant for both performances, and so many other memorable ones.

christinaskater

Medalist
I am torn between Lyra Angelica-Tosca for my favourite performance from her. Tosca was really somethings else. Technically her best was Song of the black swan and The Red Violin :)

heyang

Record Breaker
From the ESPN article:

What is your most irrational fear?

Flying. I hate it, but obviously I have to do it. I’ve made a lot of really good friends on planes -- grabbing onto their hands.

What place in the world do you most want to visit?

I’m taking a trip to Scotland and Dublin soon. I’ll be running the Olympic torch there, and it’ll be for my birthday. So that’s very exciting.

So, is Mathman plotting to get the seat next to Michelle when she flies to Dublin?