Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Things Ice Dance: Russian

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    .. Or, their love could never be , because he was possessed by a demon sock puppet .

Dragonlady..It's OK ,I've picked myself up off the floor , now..

I was sorry to see I/K go to Morozov , and now , the same goes for P/G , if the rumour is true ..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I was sorry to see I/K go to Morozov , and now , the same goes for P/G , if the rumour is true ..
    Me too. I don't know P&G so I don't have a comment there other than I'm always sorry to see anyone go to Morosov.

I'm willing to bet real money that the Russian federation are going to send I&K to Igor. Only Chock & Bates are going with him so that would make I&K his top team. Moscow is very disappointed with I&K's lack of progress and with V&M, D&W and the Shibs gone, why not give them to the man who swept the podium at Worlds and engineered the fastest rise in the history of ice-dance, to get I&K ready for Socci. Plus Piseev said he'd give Igor anything he needed to work for Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Me too. I don't know P&G so I don't have a comment there other than I'm always sorry to see anyone go to Morosov.

I'm willing to bet real money that the Russian federation are going to send I&K to Igor. Only Chock & Bates are going with him so that would make I&K his top team. Moscow is very disappointed with I&K's lack of progress and with V&M, D&W and the Shibs gone, why not give them to the man who swept the podium at Worlds and engineered the fastest rise in the history of ice-dance, to get I&K ready for Socci. Plus Piseev said he'd give Igor anything he needed to work for Russia.
    I don't know
    They may keep IK at Morozov since they did have a two spot improvement at worlds. Anyway all the best coaching in the world won't help them until they grow up and start working. Lazy practice isn't going to he them results. Say what you want about bobrova and soloviev but they have a damn good work ethic.

Custom Title
    P&G did improve from there second GP event to Russian nantionals but even if they came in second in TES at Russian nationals in the free dance that is not actually impressive. A level 2 was involved in them getting second in TES there. I/K's peaks were higher under Morozov then they were with Zhulin even if they displayed some of the same problems with low levels sometimes. The low level problem is an epidemic in russian dance. No matter how hard a team is working or who their coaches are. It's a fundamental and systemic problem across all teams.

deleted

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I never did figure out why Paganini needed a red glove; I took a guess that either it was meant to be a violin version of the Red Shoes, where Guerreiro had to keep playing as long as the glove was stuck on his hand, or that he had played his fingers bloody, or some such, or else that Pushkash was bothering him while playing and he stabbed her.

In some ways, the sock puppet story is more plausible, for sure

Russia apparently has no Champs Camp censorship program for costumes and story lines .

Custom Title
    Well, for me I/K is THE Russian couple. Elena has striking musicality, something B/S doesn't have. I don't mind Morozov as far as they can stay consistent. As of R/T, they need to increase their speed and lightness to move up. Of the three junior couples my favorite is actually Yanovskaia/Mozgov.

Something I always wonder is how Monko/Khalavin survives. Their lift positions are just atrocious and it's not really improvable.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Well, for me I/K is THE Russian couple. Elena has striking musicality, something B/S doesn't have. I don't mind Morozov as far as they can stay consistent.
    All other things aside, he did cleaned their skating and was the person to actually make them work. In the first half of the season, AFAIK, they were working on their general physical condition and it somewhat was repayed withe Euro bronze and the Worlds 5th place.

All Things Ice Dance: Russian

I noticed that there isn't a Russian Ice Dance thread, and with all the amazing Russian Ice Dance teams, I thought that they deserved a thread once the news started coming in.

To start it off, here is a link to Bobrova and Soloviev's new SD!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVBXb...ature=youtu.be

Macassar88, Do you what the name is of the music they are using?

I think this choreo suits them better than what their previous coach was doing for them, for sure.

Also this was posted on youtube recently.

Zenkova-Sinitsin SD (I believe they are staying in juniors)
    http://youtu.be/77hdUmAkINg
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.

I have no idea of either music cut, but at least they aren't doing a dramatic Yankee Polka (although Sinitsina and Zhiganshin will probably do that so we won't lose out completely...)

And I noticed that her posture is improved and that their choreography goes with the music more. I love the way that the first set of twizzles ends with the music perfectly. I also like their new twizzles. They are much more in sync and smoother whereas I felt like in the past their twizzles were pretty rocky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWmY...tailpage#t=72s (2012 Russian Nats) If you look at their twizzles, especially the second set, it feels like they shifting their movement too much from the front of the blade to the back of the blade and back.
    Obviously there are still improvements to be made such as the beginning and end as well as the music change, but it's still very early in the season and their polka SD has more of a polka feel now than their Latin SD had Latin feel at the end of the season. Also, I'd like to see them get a harder step sequence - Doris, do you know what this one would get? It feels like a level 2 or even level 1, but I'm just looking at level of apparent complexity, not the actual steps since I don't know enough about them to tell. Also, they need to smooth their lift out a bit.

Custom Title
    Well,it sounds like Schnittke...

-It is Schnittke.The opening credits from "Air Crew".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kth_r...-button&wide=1
    Last edited by alithia; 07-28-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Edited to add

Custom Title
    Last edited by gmyers; 07-28-2012 at 11:07 PM.

I just merged the two threads.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I really like B/S' music and I like that lift.

I agree that you can see some improvements , even at this stage of the game... ( I'm encouraged )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast