Yu-Na Kim's achievements and favorite program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim's achievements and favorite program

skateluvr

Record Breaker
ITA again, Lark was her best for many reasons. Her youthful purity/love of skating is what makes it so lovely. It is her Lyra angelica. Well, would it not be amazing if she announces she misses competition and decides to come back/ If she wants it 100%, I think we could see maybe one or two more very strong programs. I know, wishful thinking. I can see Korea going crazy en masse if she decides to take another run at gold. It might revitalize Mao.

With all the men coming back, I would welcome Yuna and of course Joannie, though I doubt it. It would be glorious, Mao, Yuna, Joannie, Caro, Akiko, Miki, Ashley, wow!

cosmos

On the Ice
I think her body of work will stand comparison with any post-Kwan lady, to be honest. She didn't have the longest career (only one quad), and her long programs never quite matched her short (though that seems to be a COP thing, so it's forgiveable). But between Danse Macabre, Roxanne, Bond, Gershwin, Lark and Arirang, I think she'll be in beautiful stead.

Scheherazade was also beautiful. What if she had not made that mistake with 3S!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I think her body of work will stand comparison with any post-Kwan lady, to be honest. She didn't have the longest career (only one quad), and her long programs never quite matched her short (though that seems to be a COP thing, so it's forgiveable). But between Danse Macabre, Roxanne, Bond, Gershwin, Lark and Arirang, I think she'll be in beautiful stead.

Very few ladies go past one quadrennium. Yu Na's career had average length. We tend to think of Kwan, Witt, Slutskaya, and Kostner, but those ladies are more of an exception, rather than the rule. Even the 80's Soviet skaters who had long careers were quite rare, when you had someone like Debi Thomas, who came onto the senior scene and left within four years. Same with Yamaguchi, Hughes, Lipinski, etc.