Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: News of Igor Shpilband's new school

If it'd be anything like the newer Disney classics, they won't be very *classic*.

I look forward to yet another Battle of the Carmens. One can never her this music too often.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    quiqie at FSU has posted an English translation of a long interview with Shpilband.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...na-and-me-quot

The original interview was published in Russian on Oct 20.
    http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/25547/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    quiqie at FSU has posted an English translation of a long interview with Shpilband.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...na-and-me-quot
    Thanks for sharing the interview, it's very interesting. I have a lot of respect for Igor. He was definitely the coach who brought American ice dancing to world level, and I'm glad he's decided to stay in the States. After seeing my favorites D/W at Skate America, I'm concerned about the loss of Igor on their team. I'm not a fan of their new FD and wonder if they would have had gotten a better program if Igor were still there. I do worry about those longstanding rumors that Zoueva favors V/M. Interesting that Meryl keeps touch with Igor via email. First of all, that shows what a nice person she is, as someone else pointed out. Second of all, I wonder if she & Charlie are keeping their options open for a possible switch to Igor in the future. When you think about it, it could solve some problems--they wouldn't have to train with V/M anymore (there's got to be tension there), and they wouldn't have to change location.

I wonder if Meryl & Charlie would switch to Igor if he attracted a new top-level choreographer to his school.

*Passionate for Figure Skating* Ice Princess's Avatar
    That's so neat. I met him and skated with him when I did Snapple Skate With The Stars

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Shpilband opens new horizons for Russian duo
    Riazanova, Tkachenko enjoy atmosphere in renowned coach's camp

By Vladislav Luchianov, special to icenetwork.com
    (11/14/2012)
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Banned
    In the interview to World Figure Skating #56 Igor said that he was shocked when he heard of his firing and felt that the whole situation was unfair. He refused to give any comments on the ground that his lawyer told him so. They are currently preparing for the lawsuit against the management of the rink and Zueva. Here you can see the text in Japanese where the said information is mentioned: http://twitpic.com/bp5pwx He also said that skaters were in a very difficult position when the whole story happened but he didn't say anything about his possible future job with eaither D/W or V/M.

Custom Title
    I would love to see Davis and White go to Igor next season. Can you imagine the drama in Sochi with the two top teams being coached by former coaching partners who now can't stand each other? Maybe finally we would see some bad blood between the two teams and not the same sickening sweet things we always hear about how the two teams get along so well. Skating needs some attitude and controversy.
    Last edited by Jammers; 12-25-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    This was interesting:

Jana Khokhlova -- the 2009 European ice dance champion who competed with Sergei Novitski and also worked with Shpilband while she was teamed with another partner, Fedor Andreev -- is very glad about the recent results of Riazanova and Tkachenko.

"Their progress is already visible. Igor has brought a fresh wave to their performances," Khokhlova said. "I can say that the guy's skating has improved overall, and their style also has changed a little bit. In general, they've left a good impression."
    Jana Khoklova went with Shpliband and not Zoueva?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Jana Khoklova went with Shpliband and not Zoueva?
    I think she ment R/T were training with Shpilband.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Khoklova & Zoueva's son Andreev were training with both Zoueva & Sphilband. Andreev became injured, and I lost sight of what Khoklova was doing...no announcement that she went back to Russia or anything.

So I'm curious. Is she in the US? And if so, which of the 2 camps did she end up in? Because of the Andreev connection, I would have thought Zoueva.

But here she sounds to me like she might be working with Igor...

Does anyone know?

On the Ice
    To me, the disclaimer "worked with Shpilband while she was teamed with another partner, Fedor Andreev" seems to imply that she only worked with Shpilband [and Zoueva, as unstated] when teamed with Fedor. But I don't have any information on the current situation.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I thought she had gone back to Russia, and didn't someone recently mention she was coaching /assistant coaching with some school in Russia ? (I can't remember who )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Princess View Post
    That's so neat. I met him and skated with him when I did Snapple Skate With The Stars
    You skated with him? That is so cool.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6