Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov

periperi

On the Ice
Ay yi yi. Supposing this is true, I won't completely freak out until it's announced Morozov will be choreographing instead of Lori. I hope not. :no:

gmyers

Record Breaker
OMG It's must be a joke……:eek:

ok,well,although I don't like recent Morozov,what he did with Daisuke isn't very bad.

BUT because of Russian federation,it look like a conspiracy...Do you think Russia Federation will allow a coach who works with most of their skaters teach their biggest enemy then win the gold in Russia?I think they won't do this unless they want to control their ememy……

This does go against previous reports of Russians traning non Russians if they are going to be in Russia. Like with Fernandez and Pechalat/Bourzat. Unless there is an exemption for previous work relationships. For men it doesn't matter because Plushenko is the only one anyway and he will be traning with Mishin.

Last edited:

sarukou

Rinkside
Russian article
Using google translate:
Figure skater Takahashi returned to the Russian coach Nikolai Morozov
Little Falls (USA), June 14 - RIA Novosti, Alena Leonova. Ex-world champion in figure skating Japanese Daisuke Takahashi will be prepared for the Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014 under the leadership of Nikolai Morozov, the Russian coach said the agency "R-Sport."
Takahashi up to May 2008 has already trained with Morozov. Japanese figure skater - the world champion 2010, world championships silver medalist in 2007 and 2012, bronze medalist of Olympic Games 2010 in Vancouver.
"We, along with Daisuke decided to resume cooperation, - said Morozov told" F-Sport. "- I would be interested to work again with the skater. In addition, I believe that the presence of such a master in our group will benefit other students in my preparation for the Olympic Games in Sochi. "

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
...I thought Russia was telling its coaches NOT to coach the competition?

slipslidin

On the Ice
It's the Gotterdammerung. I'd head for the hills, but I fear they're alive with the sound of music.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Oh my god ! I detest this ! This is insanity.

I can't imagine this is purely Dai's decision ( having escaped once ). Oh , my soul ... I can't bear it.:cry::cry:..and more bitter tears.

emma

Record Breaker
I don't get this at all....this is one heck of a crazy coach changing, firing, etc off-season. entertaining to a certain degree but it is leaving me with a big stomach ache! Are all of these changes some kind of conspiracy to get figure skating in the news???

Dai, you are one of my all time favorites - so, I'm wishing you all the very best but I have to ask: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY???

First the wonderful ice dancers, now Daisuke.

Am I the jinx? Should I start liking other skaters to keep my favorites safe?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

speaking frrom experience that always backfires... best to keep your head down for now.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Conspiracy theory #1 :cool:: Russian Men are in a real and long slump. Old Man Plushenko is the only hope for the Olympics, only if he stays healthy. He can assume the leadership in training but it's the same old Russian style that hasn't worked in the COP era. They realize they need non Russian COP savvy style to be competitive. They approached sly Morozov, who told them they should entice Takahashi to train under him again because

I believe that the presence of such a master in our group will benefit other students in my preparation for the Olympic Games in Sochi. "

Beware Daisuke. The Russians are in control if he trains under them. They would use him to motivate the Russian team with his presence and work ethic and to adopt his fancy dancy transition style and techniques but who knows if Daisuke himself would be "allowed" to compete at his full physical and mental health at Sochi when the time comes. :p

Kidding (or dark humour) aside, I try to apply my principle of more observation and less judgement, rather than the popular practice of fitting reality into a preconception or theory. Putting aside my not so positive impression of Morozov and his recent choreographies, the fact is he has been a very successful coach for a long time, he is in demand and most of his students are loyal to him. He must have much to offer to skaters under him to be in such position. Takahashi is smart and ambitious. He knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
UUUUGGG it is true then. Oh well not much us fans can do about it.

ostile17

Rinkside

I often feel the same way but...most of the times they (skaters) just do it to themselves!

ostile17

Rinkside
UUUUGGG it is true then. Oh well not much us fans can do about it.

According to Flade, there is still "hope" that Nichol will be the choreographer. Not that I'm crazy about her work but....hopefully it will be better than empty and vulgar Morozov's

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Nichol's work can be wonderful when she has a skater with a really sophisticated ear and feeling for music ( like Kostner )..I was expecting her to really be able to soar working with Dai.. Oh, God..and no strong drink in the house..otherwise, I'd be drowning my sorrows with Chaka Khan..;)