Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov

evangeline

Record Breaker
According to Artur Werner, Daisuke's returning to Nikolai Morozov to train with him in the US this summer. And they'll be working together until Sochi, apparently. See: http://www.wer-art.com/conf/

According to Google Translate:

Yesterday we talked with [Morozov] by phone on various topics relating to his disciples, and so on, and Nicholas told me to return Takahashi, permitting to publish this news today at the conference.

Are there any other sources verifying this?

EDIT: Yep. A Russian article here: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120614/601084215.html

"We, along with Daisuke decided to resume cooperation, - said Morozov told" F-Sport. "- I would be interested to work again with the skater. In addition, I believe that the presence of such a master in our group will benefit other students in my preparation for the Olympic Games in Sochi. "

If this is true, I'm think I'm going to start throwing things. Or cry. Both, possibly....

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sweet God in Heaven, please let this not be true. Can we believe Arthur Werner?

First Igor's firing now Dai and Morozov, Yiiiiiiiiiikes!!!!!!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Worst news ever.

To Morozov's credit, his students score mysteriously high in PCS despite having questionable CH, TR and SS. And his Russian politicking clout may come in handy since the Olympics are going to be in Sochi....but frankly, if this is the price of winning an OGM, I'd rather see Daisuke lose with the beautiful, artistic and intricate programs he has now than win the OGM with some horrible Morozov hot mess program.

seniorita

Record Breaker
than win the OGM with some horrible Morozov hot mess program.

Now I m thinking about it a Morosoved Dai with the gold medal around his neck cant be worse than SnakesnScheherazade&Co, so even that way i think I would be happy at the end. :)
Seriously I thought skaters who were in the middle pack and couldnt have a break through as tops would go to Morosov, Daisuke doesnt need Morosov for sure, maybe Morosov needs him. I m also surprised RF didnt object Morosov to take in his team King Daisuke, i know he has already Amodio who is not Russian, but Amodio is not Daisuke level.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
I just checked Dai's forum and they are reporting a tweet from Russian sportswriter Tatjana Flade that an announcement will be made today.
I could not open the tweet probably because I am not a member or it could be just my computer.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^The tweet says (translation by google)

This transition has already told me in Moscow in May. Agent Takahashi then neither confirmed nor denied. He promised a press release tomorrow.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
^The tweet says (translation by google)

This transition has already told me in Moscow in May. Agent Takahashi then neither confirmed nor denied. He promised a press release tomorrow.

Thanks!

LuCN

Rinkside
OMG It's must be a joke……:eek:

ok,well,although I don't like recent Morozov,what he did with Daisuke isn't very bad.

BUT because of Russian federation,it look like a conspiracy...Do you think Russia Federation will allow a coach who works with most of their skaters teach their biggest enemy then win the gold in Russia?I think they won't do this unless they want to control their ememy……

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
:jaw::jaw::jaw:

Can somebody assure me it's the April Fool's Day today, please???
I don't think I can sleep tonight...

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And his Russian politicking clout may come in handy since the Olympics are going to be in Sochi....
It's all Bloody Russia! They bribed Krall and now JSF in order to weaken the Men's field and let Plush to win the OGM!!! Morozov is reported to board a plane to Japan with a suspicious suitcase. Probably the rest of the bribe will be paid under to the table to Dai himself.
:laugh:
if this is the price of winning an OGM
Well folks, seriously speaking I suspect that is the true reason, if the story is true in the first place. The Flade's timing is rather weird- since early May sittig on such a news until Werner published it. Now it's mid-June, while Dai and Miki chatted during May PIW shows that they are both lucky that they survived Morozov. It doesn't seem like he was going to come back to him gladly. I see the similarity with Hanyu situation and his rather unexpected coach change. Sounds like JSF decide the stuff behind skaters' backs, without bothering much to ask their opinions. Maybe JSF remember Dai's wins when he was with Morozov, and now they hope he will put Dai's quads and technique back to that level. But isn't it a little naive? Btw, the only source said about coaching, so choreo could be someone else's, not Nikolai's. But in general, I don't find this news stylish at all. :disapp:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Has Lori done any choreo for Daisuke yet? I haven't come across any report of them actually working together.

Whether or not he is going to work with Morozov, which would be part time in the US if true, something newsworthy is happening and we just have to wait for the announcement today. At least it is not a rumour going around for a long time without any verification.

heyhey

On the Ice
Just when you thought the drama was only in ice dance....Dai don't do it...and I felt the same way when Patrick let go of Christy Krall...don't do it...can we get Shae-Lynn Bourne to do an intervention for Dai?

Dragonlady

Final Flight
This makes no sense. They didn't part well the first time. Dai has had more success since leaving Morosov and the Japanese federation tried to get Miki to go to another coach. Now suddenly they're sending him their best skater?

Krall fires Chan, Igor and Marina split, and Dai goes to Morosov. Have all of the skaters and coaches spent the off-season thus far smoking wacky tabbaccy?

demarinis5

Record Breaker
This makes no sense. They didn't part well the first time. Dai has had more success since leaving Morosov and the Japanese federation tried to get Miki to go to another coach. Now suddenly they're sending him their best skater?

Krall fires Chan, Igor and Marina split, and Dai goes to Morosov. Have all of the skaters and coaches spent the off-season thus far smoking wacky tabbaccy?

I know, it seems like some of the figure skating community has lost its mind. lol

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

There was an uproar about Hanyu going to Orser too. This is an eventful off season and it's just beginning!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Has Lori done any choreo for Daisuke yet? I haven't come across any report of them actually working together. Whether or not he is going to work with Morozov, which would be part time in the US if true, something newsworthy is happening and we just have to wait for the announcement today. At least it is not a rumour going around for a long time without any verification.
I was wondering about Lori too. Dai is perfomring this weekend in an ice show in Japan. Patrick will be one of the guest artists. SF maybe you could ask Patrick to find out what is going on (jk)