Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov

Custom Title
    I don't get this at all....this is one heck of a crazy coach changing, firing, etc off-season. entertaining to a certain degree but it is leaving me with a big stomach ache! Are all of these changes some kind of conspiracy to get figure skating in the news???

Dai, you are one of my all time favorites - so, I'm wishing you all the very best but I have to ask: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY???

Custom Title
    First the wonderful ice dancers, now Daisuke.

Am I the jinx? Should I start liking other skaters to keep my favorites safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

speaking frrom experience that always backfires... best to keep your head down for now.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    /\..I agree..it never works...

Custom Title
    Conspiracy theory #1 : Russian Men are in a real and long slump. Old Man Plushenko is the only hope for the Olympics, only if he stays healthy. He can assume the leadership in training but it's the same old Russian style that hasn't worked in the COP era. They realize they need non Russian COP savvy style to be competitive. They approached sly Morozov, who told them they should entice Takahashi to train under him again because

I believe that the presence of such a master in our group will benefit other students in my preparation for the Olympic Games in Sochi. "
    Beware Daisuke. The Russians are in control if he trains under them. They would use him to motivate the Russian team with his presence and work ethic and to adopt his fancy dancy transition style and techniques but who knows if Daisuke himself would be "allowed" to compete at his full physical and mental health at Sochi when the time comes.

Kidding (or dark humour) aside, I try to apply my principle of more observation and less judgement, rather than the popular practice of fitting reality into a preconception or theory. Putting aside my not so positive impression of Morozov and his recent choreographies, the fact is he has been a very successful coach for a long time, he is in demand and most of his students are loyal to him. He must have much to offer to skaters under him to be in such position. Takahashi is smart and ambitious. He knows what he is doing.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 06-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    I can't bear it.
    "I feel for you, girl" says Chaka Khan

UUUUGGG it is true then. Oh well not much us fans can do about it.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

I often feel the same way but...most of the times they (skaters) just do it to themselves!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    UUUUGGG it is true then. Oh well not much us fans can do about it.
    According to Flade, there is still "hope" that Nichol will be the choreographer. Not that I'm crazy about her work but....hopefully it will be better than empty and vulgar Morozov's

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Nichol's work can be wonderful when she has a skater with a really sophisticated ear and feeling for music ( like Kostner )..I was expecting her to really be able to soar working with Dai.. Oh, God..and no strong drink in the house..otherwise, I'd be drowning my sorrows with Chaka Khan..

Custom Title
    Good morning everyone...no, worst morning for me. Feeling dizzy now, do not feel like doing my office work in the least. I wanna go home...

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Don't you know? it's a trade! They took Miki, but are giving back Dai. =P

Custom Title
    Well, this not good news. How surprising.

Custom Title
    When I wake up, I'll must tell you all about the horrible nightmare I had. Daisuke was going to Morosov. It was a truly frightening dream. But nothing like that could really happen . . .

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I feel like I'm missing something. Daisuke has been on an upward trajectory lately. He's getting his quad back, beating or coming close to beating rival Patrick Chan, and has, IMO, the most artistically complete programs of any skater/team in every phase of the competition. The last bit is what I'm most worried about. Morosov has saddled his skaters with some truly dreadful choreography and program concepts. Daisuke doesn't need that ish. What worries you about this move?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast