Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi back to Nikolai Morozov

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good morning everyone...no, worst morning for me. Feeling dizzy now, do not feel like doing my office work in the least. I wanna go home...:cry:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Don't you know? it's a trade! They took Miki, but are giving back Dai. =P

Dragonlady

Final Flight
When I wake up, I'll must tell you all about the horrible nightmare I had. Daisuke was going to Morosov. It was a truly frightening dream. But nothing like that could really happen . . .

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I feel like I'm missing something. Daisuke has been on an upward trajectory lately. He's getting his quad back, beating or coming close to beating rival Patrick Chan, and has, IMO, the most artistically complete programs of any skater/team in every phase of the competition. The last bit is what I'm most worried about. Morosov has saddled his skaters with some truly dreadful choreography and program concepts. Daisuke doesn't need that ish. What worries you about this move?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Crazy off season!!!!!!

A few thoughts on this Dai news:

1. Be careful on what you wish!:biggrin: Some of Daisuke fans wished Patrick Chan goes to Morozov not long ago. Patrick didn't go, but Daisuke goes.:p

(Not that I think Morozov was the worst coach dispite the general dislike on him as a person as well as a coach. I've always admired Morozov ever since Yagudin time. I liked Miki while she was with him. Don't like what he has done to Amodio though.)

2. There must be a good reason for it to happen. Morozov's hip hop swanlake had brought a huge success to Daisuke. Like I said before, I think that was the style Daisuke was most comfortable with. And Takahashi has rarely shaken off that style ever since. It makes sense to me if Daisuke and Morozov want to create another similar style program in Olympic year. New style? Probably not. Successful? Very possible. Though, there is no guarantee on OGM even for Chan/Nichol, or Takahashi/Wilson, or any coach, choreographer, and skater combinations.

3. I thought Patrick lost Krall would be the worst news this off season. But now, I look back on what have happened so far in singles and in dance, it seems every top skater is having hardtime at this stage of their skating life. The worst situation is not in single's skating. Morozov won't be my choice for him but he has brought out the best of Takahashi. I think it has a great chance to be successful.

Last edited:

Snoopy15

On the Ice
I feel like I'm missing something. Daisuke has been on an upward trajectory lately. He's getting his quad back, beating or coming close to beating rival Patrick Chan, and has, IMO, the most artistically complete programs of any skater/team in every phase of the competition. The last bit is what I'm most worried about. Morosov has saddled his skaters with some truly dreadful choreography and program concepts. Daisuke doesn't need that ish. What worries you about this move?

Well, I think I speak for all of us here on this thread that we are all torn between having Daisuke potentially win the Olympic Gold with a program that does not satisfy what he is capable of or what the supporters want, or potentially missing out due to the fact that his program was less IJS oriented and geared more towards us fans...
Sigh, whatever goes down, I truly wish Daisuke the best.
Also, Serious Business, you are completely right. This decision has me wondering what is going on behind the curtains of the JSF. There is simply no logic for sending Daisuke back to Morozov, particularly after they split in the fashion that they did. Additionally, he is on the steady trail of pursuing Chan and surpassing him while he is slowly adjusting to his own coaching situation. Not only that, but what he is doing is working for him. He is gaining the attention (and points) of the judges and the fascination of the fans. OT, but he is in fact what makes skating exciting for both fans and spectators.
From a points standpoint, I somewhat understand, however. On the PCS, his "Blues for Klook" was spectacular and accomplishes what one would possibly want. Captivating and innovative choregraphy, difficult transitions going into and out of jumps, excellent flow, and enlightening the crowd in a splendid fashion. However, his PCS of 85.78 was trailing a flawed, off-beat Chan by 4.36 and only beat a "Morozov Clone" Amodio by 4.12. This is quite significant, as Chan's astounding speed and transitions keep him up top (Despite obvious flaws :disapp:), but Amodio's jump, stop, pose, spin, etc. choregraphy is much simpler and is only a mere 4 points off from Takahashi. On the TES, Takahashi landed a Quad, two Triple Axels (one in combination with a Triple Toeloop after the half-way mark), and had many jumps after the half-way mark. A wobbly Chan minus a felled Double Axel scored 88.56 while Takahashi scored 88.16. A technically perfect Hanyu scored 91.99. Everyone is levelled when it comes to the Technical to be honest (Slight advantage to Chan though). It comes down to people making errors and miscalculating. If you view some of Takahashi's practices while he was under Morozov, he nails the Quad Toeloops one after another. That is a sign of true athleticism. Mind you, his choreography under Morozov was at least decent. This consistency brings mental confidence and is something he was lacking from the beginning of the Olympic season until Worlds 2012. If he can ressurect and improve upon that confidence along with his Quad (And more flow coming out of the jumps), we WILL see a winner in Sochi :thumbsup:.
Sorry for the long post, but in summary, we should all be happy for Daisuke wherever he goes :).

deedee1

Record Breaker
2. There must be a good reason for it to happen. Morozov's hip hop swanlake had brought a huge success to Daisuke. Like I said before, I think that was the style Daisuke was mostly comfortable with. And Takahashi has rarely shaken off that style ever since. It makes sense to me if Daisuke and Morozov want to create another similar style program in Olympic year. New style? Probably not. Successful? Very possible. Though, there is no guarantee on OGM even for Chan/Nichol, or Takahashi/Wilson, or any coach, choreographer, and skater combinations.

It makes sense to you, but the reasoning above is not enough to me to accept the reality. :no: Blue, give me another one, please...no, I may need another 99 reasons, I am afraid. :bang:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
It makes sense to you, but the reasoning above is not enough to me to accept the reality. :no: Blue, give me another one, please...no, I may need another 99 reasons, I am afraid. :bang:

Relax, Deedee! Give you another reason: At least Morozov is a famous top skating coach, not just a modern dance instructor.:)

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
From a points standpoint, I somewhat understand, however. On the PCS, his "Blues for Klook" was spectacular and accomplishes what one would possibly want. Captivating and innovative choregraphy, difficult transitions going into and out of jumps, excellent flow, and enlightening the crowd in a splendid fashion. However, his PCS of 85.78 was trailing a flawed, off-beat Chan by 4.36 and only beat a "Morozov Clone" Amodio by 4.12. This is quite significant, as Chan's astounding speed and transitions keep him up top (Despite obvious flaws :disapp:), but Amodio's jump, stop, pose, spin, etc. choregraphy is much simpler and is only a mere 4 points off from Takahashi. On the TES, Takahashi landed a Quad, two Triple Axels (one in combination with a Triple Toeloop after the half-way mark), and had many jumps after the half-way mark.

I think this is it. If Florent's horribly cheesy and empty Morozov programs get 8s in PCS, maybe Daisuke figured he'd finally get some 9s if he goes back to Morozov and gets a Morozov program too.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Relax, Deedee! Give you another reason: At least Morozov is a famous top skating coach, not just a modern dance instructor.:)

Thanks a lot, Blue. :) (I do not know what to tell you in return, in order to comfort you on this one, though.)

If both Patrick and Dai will not be able to get good results at the end of 2012-13 season, let's find someone to blame for it. ;)

ciocio

On the Ice
Conspiracy theory #1 Russian Men are in a real and long slump. Old Man Plushenko is the only hope for the Olympics, only if he stays healthy. He can assume the leadership in training but it's the same old Russian style that hasn't worked in the COP era. They realize they need non Russian COP savvy style to be competitive. They approached sly Morozov, who told them they should entice Takahashi to train under him again.
Beware Daisuke. The Russians are in control if he trains under them. They would use him to motivate the Russian team with his presence and work ethic and to adopt his fancy dancy transition style and techniques but who knows if Daisuke himself would be "allowed" to compete at his full physical and mental health at Sochi when the time comes.

:laugh::laugh::rofl:

Awful news, by the way!:disapp::scowl:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
evangeline said:
I think this is it. If Florent's horribly cheesy and empty Morozov programs get 8s in PCS, maybe Daisuke figured he'd finally get some 9s if he goes back to Morozov and gets a Morozov program too.

I hate to say this, but that was my first thought too... it would be a horrible reason. Really just makes you want to slap all of these judges for 'appreciating' Morozov this much :no:

It's pretty though news, I might not really get that for a while... what an off-season.
Just to have that said - I really wish Dai all the best, no matter what he does, it's his career after all. And no matter how awful Morozovs choreo might be, I'll just keep believing in Daisuke's ability to get me into anything. I just hope everything will turn out well for him... that's the most important part.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Do you think Russia Federation will allow a coach who works with most of their skaters teach their biggest enemy then win the gold in Russia?

I don´t think that Morozov is working with any Russian male singles skater to challenge gold in Sochi? For Daisuke this is a good decision, like Kim working with Orser before Vancouver. As for biggest enemy I consider it to be Chan...

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
OT, but I Saw the list of Morosov studentsand didnt know Dimitriev went to his group too, when did he leave from Moscow club?

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
This give the same smell as what happen to Yuzuru, at least I hope Dai will not use Morozov as his choreographer.

For me, this news make Yuzuru switch to Orser feel like a good dream.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I never thought of Kostner with a good ear for music; I always thought she had the blessings of being long, lean and elegant on ice but I never ever felt her heart was in the music - she just seemed fortunate (in many ways) with her looks and lines. The distance from the music is seen in h er many melt downs. But when she is on there is a regal majesty on the ice by her!!!! imho:)