DREAM MATCH: Akiko SUZUKI with choreography from Lori NICHOL | Golden Skate

DREAM MATCH: Akiko SUZUKI with choreography from Lori NICHOL

christinaskater

Medalist
I think this match up would be perfect. Akiko's skating is simply breathtaking and Lori's choreography is simply mind boggling.
I do wish she would be able to get some choreography from Lori. Apparently, Pascal is still doing choreography for Akiko which is also amazing.

I just think in terms of points, transitions, choreography and musical choices- nothings beats the genius and impeccable taste of Lori.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Akiko is among the few skaters whose choreography I have consistently enjoyed through the years. Lori would be good for her too but I don't think better choreography is holding Akiko back. She just needs more respect from the judges, and she may get it now that she is emerging from the shadows of Mao and Miki.

evangeline

Record Breaker
For me, I would love to see Akiko return to Kenji Miyamoto and Shae-Lynn Bourne for choreography again. Miyamoto's Libertango and Bourne's West Side Story were FANTASTIC programs for Akiko.

chloepoco

Medalist
For me, I would love to see Akiko return to Kenji Miyamoto and Shae-Lynn Bourne for choreography again. Miyamoto's Libertango and Bourne's West Side Story were FANTASTIC programs for Akiko.

I agree; loved those two programs. I wish more skaters would use Miyamoto!

christinaskater

Medalist
I think Lori can bring out the super lyricism and musicality of Akiko with all the beautiful transitions and nuances. I think Akiko is an intrinsic choreographer as well so that only means magic!

I also loved her "Dark Eyes" LP.

I agree that she has always been super amazing but she did not have the credibility and has lived under the shadows of Mao and Miki! I am happy that now she is a World Medalist!

Hope this year would be amazing for her!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Akikko would work with anyone really well because she completely commits and performs her choreography and makes it all hers, not her choreographers. She is one of the greatest ladies skating right now regarding presentation.

Trewyn

Medalist
Akikko would work with anyone really well because she completely commits and performs her choreography and makes it all hers, not her choreographers. She is one of the greatest ladies skating right now regarding presentation.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread! I'm looking forward to her music choices for next season!

Yes, you're right. It would be fun to see her work her way through all the great choreographers.