Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shen and Zhao quit stage to coach

Same here. I was impressed with Shen & Zhao ever since they did their "Mt. Olympus" program back in 1998. Their bronze medal in Torino was a "golden" moment for me, and of course, I was ecstatic that they finally won gold in Vancouver. We were so lucky to see them compete @ 2003 Worlds in Washington, DC. That performance was one of the most memorable ones we've ever seen in any discipline (plus a little bonus. We were sitting in that section with a "sea" of Chinese flags, and were among those standing before they finished their program. I got in the video - it looks like I'm wearing a white sweatshirt, and am holding up a 6.0 sign, jumping up & down like crazy ). Seriously, I this team to pieces!
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 06-19-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    They will be coaching the national Junior teams. I first thought it was because they were new and not going to take on the more important Seniors but now I think it may be more because of the Chinese tradition of a teacher being long term, almost parental, nurturing the students from a young age to maturity. So it is possible they may just take their students from Junior through Senior competitive careers.
    Like Olympia I like this thought. Anyone knows the truth? If I were a coach I would love to do it this way. BUT! You never know... all of a sudden my pupils would leave for top coaches in North America

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Turandot was a masterpiece. Does anyone know who choreographed it?
    Lori Nichol

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    Lori Nichol
    No,it was Lea Ann Miller

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by whispering View Post
    No,it was Lea Ann Miller
    Yes. I believe Lea Ann was the first Western coach they went to when they realized that they needed to boost their artistry in order to compete with Russian and other skaters. They, and we their fans, owe Ms. Miller a lot. I think she has also choreographed for Yuka Sato, at least in Yuka's professional years.

Custom Title
    Nichol has choreographed a number of programs for Shen/Zhao - I particularly loved Meditation. Here's a wikipedia table (so it might not all be accurate) that lists programs and choreographers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_Xue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2