Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

Rinkside
    Move over Russian God. It's JAPAN. The Japanese Gods will rule in Japan Open. Team Japan will roll over Team North America and Team Europe.

Banned
    European entry aside from Zhenya is a snooze fest
    I wanted Joubert on the list also

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Move over Russian God. It's JAPAN. The Japanese Gods will rule in Japan Open. Team Japan will roll over Team North America and Team Europe.
    Last year, North America first, Europe second, and Japan third.

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    No, Russian God will be in our heart forever... But you are right, new fans, new Gods....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h53_qvQjNM
    "How wonderful life is..while you are in the world.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_STnOk9_EQ
    "Tribute to Evgeni Plushenko who made my world a better place"
    "Just a sign of love for the man who makes my lifetime a long and beautiful dream........."

LOL!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-03-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    European entry aside from Zhenya is a snooze fest
    I wanted Joubert on the list also
    Joubert is struggling in maintaining his status. I think Brezina is a rising star in Europe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    We have to wait four days. So exciting! If Chan falls twice,but Plushy's program will be error-free with a quad or quad combo, however, Chan will win, there will be tremendous outrage!! Won't be good for the figure skating!
    Actually, in the long run, it might actually be best if this happens. We know Plushenko won't be silent about it, and it might trigger some change.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    If Plushenko lands more quads than Chan, he will win, because Chan's wins come from the quad. Even though Chan actually would get less of a PCS advantage than he deserves for once.
    If Chan wins on the quad when he falls and Plushenko does not, Plushenko will have noone to blame but himself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    We have to wait four days. So exciting! If Chan falls twice,but Plushy's program will be error-free with a quad or quad combo, however, Chan will win, there will be tremendous outrage!! Won't be good for the figure skating!
    I don't think this will happen. I think Chan will have two quads as usual. If one quad falls, he has another quad to match any of the skater's one quad skate. If he falls on both quads which he has never done before ever since he put quad into his arsenal, or Chan falls on one quad and one or more other jumps, and also if, a big if here, Plushenko has a quad in his program and if he skates his program clean with a quad, we will not see Chan placed in front of Plushenko.

I think Plushenko won't get first this time is because he didn't plan to risk his body by going all the way out at some pro-am pre-season event. That was what Mishin has hinted - he won't. Plushenko comes here to make a statement. That's it. He did not plan to crush anyone.

It's very likely that Chan won't skate clean. If Chan has two quads and falls twice, will it be enough against Plushenko's quadless clean skate? That's what I'm curious to see.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-03-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Since MEDAL WINNERS OPEN is a new event, the supposed rules look like that:
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3580

The innovation to be tried out in accordance with ISU Rule 367 is to conduct an Open competition with an ISU free skating program only. The required elements for this program will be modified as follows:
    - A well balanced program with emphasis on artistic merit will be performed by each competitor.
    - The program duration will be 3 minutes and 30 seconds +/- 10 seconds for men and 3 minutes +/- 10 seconds for ladies.
    - Competitors should perform (3) jumps of double or more rotations. One of which can be a combination of (2) jumps or a sequence of any number of jumps. If a sequence is performed, the 2 most difficult jumps will be counted.
    - Any 3 spins but with different abbreviations
    - (1) choreographic sequence
    - Any music including vocal can be used
    - Theatrical lighting of performances will be allowed
    - No free standing props such as a chair, table or piano will be allowed but carried or worn props such as a hat, cape, sword, cane, umbrella, etc. will be allowed.
    - Judging panel will consist of (9) ISU judges

Th progs of skaters have not been officially announced I assume. Earlier Kurt said he is planning to skate "Singing in the rain", Honda- remake of one of his amatuer progs (Tosca?), Shizuka twittered hat she is planning to skate Swan (), Yag- that he tried to do jumps but figured out that health is more important.

I'll be there tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Shizuka twittered hat she is planning to skate Swan (), I'll be there tomorrow.

A titanic swan battle is going to happen!!

who will fly higher??

I envy you so much Let's talk!
    Last edited by giulia95; 10-04-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post

It's very likely that Chan won't skate clean. If Chan has two quads and falls twice, will it be enough against Plushenko's quadless clean skate? That's what I'm curious to see.
    Yes, it's the biggest question....

Plushy has arrived to Tokyo
    Some reports from airport.
    Zhenya came to Japan with Mishin and Yana. He was in a pretty good mood. He and Mishin made funny faces to fans and waved from inside the bus.))
    There was an another group - Yagudin, Leonova, Morozov and Dmitrenko (who is that? Dmitri Dmitrenko? I don't know ). They came on the same flight.
    All Russians together went to Saitama by bus. But Team Plushy rode in the back of bus (backmost). And Team Morozov sat in the front.

Other airport reports from twitter.
    - Zhenya was in super-high spirits. Very lively.
    - When Russians were waiting for the bus, Zhenya was chewing gum with a veeery bad face.. So, he looked like a bad boy today (than Yags).

Custom Title
    Starts from tonight.

To all participating skaters: Good luck, everyone!
    To Let's talk: Have a great time!

Custom Title
    It's true that chan won't have as much advantage on Pcs and plushenko will likely get all nines like 2010 JO and chan will have to have the quads and could win bib what if the 3a is not there. Should be a narrow competition based really on jump success maybe.

Custom Title

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast