Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Here is a delighful quote by Mishin from the article:

"Therefore our goal is not now to win and crush his opponents"

Patrick and Dai must be sleeping better hearing such words.
    Mishin and his metaphors! Mishin often used metaphors in interviews. I like them!

Daisuke respects Plushy. He said on Japanese TV after Torino:

"oh, my god,, there was a God,,",
    I felt amazing aura,, he couldn't hide it" etc..

Of course, he was young, and worse skater than now.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Custom Title
    If Plushenko is third this time, it will be his victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    If Plushenko is third this time, it will be his victory.
    Why?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Why?
    To be behind only the world's top two, and beat Kozuka, Brezina, and Buttle (who is not competing in amateur skating anymore), is surely indicating that he is quite competitive. It'll show that he has a chance to win Euro again and be on the world podium.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-02-2012 at 09:53 AM.

To be behind only the world's top two, and beat Kozuka, Brezina, and Buttle (who is not competing in amateur skating anymore), is surely indicating that he is quite competitive. It'll show that he has a chance to win Euro again and be on the world podium.
    I believe in him. He beat Kozuka in 2009 COR,("He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice." - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009) and in Vancouver.
    Taka and Plush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2nSTA0F490

And he always beat Buttle, like in 2010 JO, when both skaters were not competing in amateur skating. Plushy beat Daisuke in every race, when they competed together. On one occasion he met Patrick... Do you remember the last JO? Dai and Patrick fell. Plushy doesn't usually fall. One thing what isn't too good for Plushy, the JO isn't a serious competition, so that will be weird, if he won't smile, won't speak with the other skaters, like he usually did, if he competed. He is always serious, because of the concentration. In 2010 he was very cheerful, he made the carnival atmosphere there...he will not be able to concentrate. But maybe the Japanes's love will help him.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-02-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Custom Title
    You can't count out Plushenko in any competition.
    I agree on this...however,

But I'm sure Patrick or Daisuke will win this time.
    My bet is Patrick and Takahiko, instead of Daisuke.

Thanks Blue , but team events and cheesy-type competitions in the early season (before Grand Prix season, I mean) have never been Dai's cup of tea. IIRC, he did not have even 'decent' skates at almost every Japan Open. Especially JO in spring 2008 was a total disaster right after the split with Morosov, you know...
    Even at the recent WTT this spring, AND even though he DID have a great SP skating to In the Garden of Souls, most of his fans, me included, were sort of 'prepared' to witness he might bomb in the LP.

"Therefore our goal is not now to win and crush his opponents"
    That's the Mr. Mishin I love!

'Night, everyone!

Custom Title
    If Plushenko could beat everyone except Chan, it will be awsome! Now Chan has all the jumps that Plushenko has and more on PCS, I don't think Plushenko's clean program could beat Chan's flawed program if Chan doesn't fall two or three times.

Chan must have two quads, one in combo, in his program. Plushenko will only have one quad if he chooses to put quad in there this time. There is a chance that Plushenko will only do two 3As but no quad. Kozuka, Takahashi, and Brezina will have one quad in their programs. Brezina will have two quads later in the season, I believe. Buttle doesn't have quad. None of these skaters are expected to skate clean at this stage except Plushenko and Buttle.

If Plushenko could beat everyone except Chan, it will be awsome! Now Chan has all the jumps that Plushenko has and more on PCS, I don't think Plushenko's clean program could beat Chan's flawed program if Chan doesn't fall two or three times.

Chan must have two quads, one in combo, in his program. Plushenko will only have one quad if he chooses to put quad in there this time. There is a chance that Plushenko will only do two 3As but no quad. Kozuka, Takahashi, and Brezina will have one quad in their programs. Brezina will have two quads later in the season, I believe. Buttle doesn't have quad. None of these skaters are expected to skate clean at this stage except Plushenko and Buttle.
    We have to wait four days. So exciting! If Chan falls twice,but Plushy's program will be error-free with a quad or quad combo, however, Chan will win, there will be tremendous outrage!! Won't be good for the figure skating!

We have to wait four days. So exciting! If Chan falls twice,but Plushy's program will be error-free with a quad or quad combo, however, Chan will win, there will be tremendous outrage!! Won't be good for the figure skating!
    In this case it is a pro-am type of event so not sure how much"outrage" there will be.

No one got too upset when Rippon deservedly won the Japan Open... ...

But "Chan the fan killer" needs to win by skating better by standards still more accepted than by the quirky greatness of the CoP - which too many fans still don't understand - accept - or appreciate.

Let the one who skates best win - it could be Brezina - a terrific skater when he is on......
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.

In this case it is a pro-am type of event so not sure how much"outrage" there will be.

No one got too upset when Rippon deservedly won the Japan Open... ...

But "Chan the fan killer" needs to win by skating better by standards still more accepted than by the quirky greatness of the CoP - which too many fans still don't understand - accept - or appreciate.
    There will be, I'm sure, I remember Nice...

Of course,Rippon won deservedly as you said, no one got upset.

Chan? I can't see his greatness, I can't see why he is better than for example Dai. But I'm sure, that isn't good for figure skating, if the crowd doesn't understand the results.

There will be, I'm sure, I remember Nice...

Of course,Rippon won deservedly as you said, no one got upset.

Chan? I don't understand the COP, I can't see his greatness, I can't see why he is better than for example Dai. But I'm sure, that isn't good for figure skating, if the crowd doesn't understand the results.
    I was kidding about Rippon - the GS board exploded when he won the JO.

But in N. America 99.9% of the people had no idea.

BTW, I really like the Japan Open and wish Skate America would tell Cinquanta to take a flying leap and we could turn SA into a Pro-am type of event.

Skate America used to be so much bigger and it is quite obvious Americans don't give a hoot about the Grand Prix series.

I think that Plushenko won't try the quads, it's too early in the season, his first "normal" competition will be Russian Nationals, and it's almost three months from now... But if he skates clean with two 3As and high PCS, he can score 160+, but if Chan lands two quads (regardless of the GOE), a 3A and 3-4 triples in the second half of the program, he can easily go over 165... It will be the first time for Dai trying two quads since 2008, so he won't probably be successfull, he never skated really well at JO the last times he competed there! Kozuka can be either superbe or a disaster, like Brezina, they are question marks for me... What a wonderful event it will be!

I was kidding about Rippon - the GS board exploded when he won the JO.
    Why? I don't understand..I remember,his scores was too high, but he was flawless..and quadless..and too feminine for me.. I remember wrong? I wasn't surprised after Vancouver.

Who should have won? According to you...

Adam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTw8A79EKQ
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-02-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Why? I don't understand..I remember,his scores was too high, but he was flawless..and quadless..and too feminine for me.. I remember wrong? I wasn't surprised after Vancouver.

Who should have won? According to you...
    Feminine? Didn't Yags and other boys training with Mishin at the time use to tease Plushy about his "feminine" catch foot spin and spiral?

I thought Rippon won it because he skated well and the others did not.

My point was there was outrage at GS from quite a few posters who all thought their favorite should have won.

Personally I don't care who wins the JO - and if we see some new programs and good skating that is more than enough.

Feminine? Didn't Yags and other boys training with Mishin at the time use to tease Plushy about his "feminine" catch foot spin and spiral?
    Yes, I know. But I don't think, that Plushy's style would be feminine, he was very flexible, because of the hard stretching.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast