4 Leonova 107.94
3T(turn)-3T 1Lo 3Lz 3F(2foot) 3S-2T 3F-2T 1A

5 Gedevanishvili 94.84
1Lz 2A 3S 3T-2T 3S(hand) 3T 2A (fall)

6 Zawazki 89.95
2A-3T(fall) 3Lz(fall) 3F(fall) 3T 2S-2T-2T 3Lz(stepout) 2A

seniorita

Record Breaker
Kozuka and Daisuke trying two quads, I thought it was a typo at first:eek::hb::clap: Japanese Nationals will be a heartbreak..they are all very determined this season!

Plushy falling on 2A, I want to see a video of it:popcorn:

Mao's dress is stunning, congrats to Ashley too, and her dress is great!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
3 Buttle 160.86
3F-3T 3A 3Lo-2T 3Lz 3S 3Lo 3S-2T-2T 2A

REALLY excited to see this performance if he did skate as perfectly as you just wrote. His 3Lo-2T was actually a 3Lz-2T, though, right?

Trewyn

Medalist
OMG I can't WAIT to see video of this!!! Ashley having such a great start of the season, Buttle still such a strong competitor, Kozuka on the comeback trail, Mao and Akiko's new programs... Really exciting event! The season has begun!!!

emdee

Final Flight
Obviously the right place for PC to have a meltdown and get it out of his system.
I heard his jumps were fine on the warm up so he will have to find tune his entrances and movements to the music.

I cannot understand some people's venom at all.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
brief translation... :ni_zia:

Mishin highlighted importance Plushenko's performance of two quadruple jumps

The main outcome of Evgeni Plushenko's performance in the commercial figure skating tournament "Japan Open" is the fact that the Olympic champion in 2006 for the first time in seven years, did two quads in one program, said to the agency "R-Sport" coach Alexei Mishin.

Plushenko has taken fourth place, behind Japanese Daisuke Takahashi, Takahiko Kodzuke and Canadian Jeffrey Buttle. Olympic champion in the long program performed two jumps with four turns (one of them with a small blot), but made a few mistakes in the other jumps, in particular, fell on Axel. Plushenko left behind Czech Michal Březina and two-time world champion Canadian Patrick Chan, which fell four times.

"The main thing for me is that Plushenko by the first time since 2005 did two quads in one program" - said Mishin over the phone. - "If we last year, entire season set up one quad in Zhenya's program, now he performed them, at once, two. As regard of mistakes in Axels, here in Plushenko's summarized lack of competitive experience, yet he did not perform 10 months at competitions, and also, not enough time to work on the whole program.

Having two quad jumps in the program is necessary to be fight for the top places. To this factor we have given maximum time at work. Because of that, Zhenya not managed today to perform whole program until the end."

I have good impression about Takahashi and Kozuka. Chan and Březina - they could not be recognize. In general, the level of opponents in the tournament seemed to me average.
So, we're not in any panic. We need to work on skating of full program. While work on the quad jumps, at the moment, we can considered as conducted succe

Unofficial results from one fan:

# 1 Daisuke Takahashi 172.06 (81.00+91.06)
# 2 Takahiko Kozuka 165.08 (83.06+83.02) -1
# 3 Jeffrey Buttle 160.86 (72.66+88.20)
# 4 Evgeni Plushenko 156.21 (71.63+85.58) -1
# 5 Michal Brezina 151.53 (71.45+80.08)
# 6 Patrick Chan 137.42 (57.00+84.42) -4

Plushy skated much harder program than on Test Skating!! And he made the costume from white to gray?
"Love Plu's new blue-green line stones))) So beautiful)))"

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think it can help Patrick, it reminds me of Amodio last season, when he bombed in the GP, and it helped him to keep his feet on the ground: he has to remember that he's not unbeatable, he must land his jumps if he wants to win... I hope he'll be ready for the GP!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Beautiful.

This has exposed some Chan hater's true disgusting character!

ETA:

The first time ever from Chan:

He's never fell on both quads in one program.

He's never fell 4 times in one program.

It is a complete meltdown.:cry: I hope he is fine at this moment!

Sooooo impressed with Takahashi, Kozuka, and Plushenko!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Everybody has an off day. Chan will do better when it counts - although wonder if his former coaching team is being missed?

Good for Jeff -always a skater I enjoy. If he came out of retirement looks like he could be Canada's #2

russell30

Final Flight
Everybody has an off day. Chan will do better when it counts - although wonder if his former coaching team is being missed?

Good for Jeff -always a skater I enjoy. If he came out of retirement looks like he could be Canada's #2

Not sure if Buttle can get his reinstatement back, is it too late!!, I thought he does too many non ISU sanctioned shows?

Seemed like a great competition, we need those you tubies now!! :biggrin:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Not sure if Buttle can get his reinstatement back, is it too late!!, I thought he does too many non ISU sanctioned shows?

Seemed like a great competition, we need those you tubies now!! :biggrin:

I think Jeff is doing good with shows and choreo work -and only meant he is still a formidable skater even without a quad.

russell30

Final Flight
I think Jeff is doing good with shows and choreo work -and only meant he is still a formidable skater even without a quad.

Janetfan - he is great at what he does, you know - i would love to see him come back Jeff like Dai and Patrick and maybe Evan can get very high in PCS, and Jeff's Technicality is still very strong, wow 2008 since World's and he is still training those jumps!! "He may have not shut the door completely, stranger things do happen, and we do see these announcements when OLY's approach "Im Coming Back for the Olympics" - so you never know. I have a hunch - maybe that Laura Lepisto might come back for next year also if she is injury free

russell30

Final Flight
As well as JO you tubies!!

Can we have Medal Winners Open too!!

Much appreciated

DID YOU SEE MAO'S, ASHLEY AND AKIKO'S DRESSES - STUNNING - ELENE'S WASNT BAD TOO!

Ashley's was a Joannie Samson & Deliah Mark 2 dress :biggrin:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
プルシェンコ、今季初競技に「息が上がってしまった」=フィギュア・ジャパンオープン:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121 ... spnavi-spo

Plushenko, the first competition in this season "I was collapsed."

Anyway, try translation, only Plushy's comment.

Today, first I'm grad to have landed two quad jump. I haven't succeed in two 4T since the competition in 2005, so I'm satisfied in this point. I think the quality was fifty-fifty about performance. Still early step, and this is first competition in this season, so I was collapsed to be senseless my legs. But it was good to challenge two quad. This time, the main thing was landing quad. Although today is competition, it was also a practice for the goal. I was satisfied that I could practice even at competition like today. I'll practice hard more and more, and wanna skate better.

The program is "Saint-Saëns Medley" in this season. Of course it is not completed. Choreographer is Sergey Petukhov. I have ever tagged with him 8 years ago. Today I wanted to show good skating, but that was not good. I just want it to be better than before. After today, I'll skate small competition in Russia or Europe on November or December. And I'm planning to skate at shows and try both long and short program.

My knee seems to be better because of surgery after European Championships. Although I haven't challenged quad after a long time, my knee is better condition. So I want to get going to take part in European Championships. I don't know if I can skate at World Championships.

The goal is SOCHI, 4 times olympics for me. I have several titles, but "BIG FIGHTING" for me is OLYMPIC, I think. So first I want to take part in 4 times Olympic games. I'll retire as a player if I can do it. It'll be the last for me.

I can bring only Plushy's comment, i wait for others!:yes:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
プルシェンコ、今季初競技に「息が上がってしまった」=フィギュア・ジャパンオープン:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121 ... spnavi-spo

My knee seems to be better because of surgery after European Championships. Although I haven't challenged quad after a long time, my knee is better condition. So I want to get going to take part in European Championships. I don't know if I can skate at World Championships.

/QUOTE]

Hmm, this quote is a little disappointing--I really want to see Plushenko at Worlds this season! I'm getting the feeling he doesn't want to compete there unless he has a strong chance at winning.

Interesting about Chan and the 4(!) falls. I've wondered how his jumps would fare in the wake of firing Krall. It may just be a fluke though.

Japanese men's Nationals is going to be a dogfight!!! 4 top guys fighting for 3 spots--in the pre-Olympic year--wow!! That could be the best men's competition of the whole year potentially!

Really pleased that Ashley Wagner put out such a strong performance in her first competition. And I'm excited for Mao, too. Can't wait to see her on the Grand Prix!!