Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    (*1.)Did she do her signature difficult antrance to the loop and (*2.) Biellman spin on both legs?
    1. Yes, she did. 2. No, the Biellmann spin was on one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    I don't think it's possible even for Dai to put those transitions between his quads. He has them between the rest of his jumps and they are difficult, this is good enough for me.

I'm waitning for videos from Medals Winner Open. I'm so happy I've got the chance to see Irina competing again after such a long break. How old is she now? 3F and 3Lo are still there, WOW. Did she do her signature difficult antrance to the loop and Biellman spin on both legs?
    She is part of my dream Russian return team for Sochi-
    Yags, her, Domnina with someone lol

Custom Title
    let's talk - thank you for your comments. I've always enjoyed Slutskaya and like Gordeeva - they are both very natural skaters....Macassar88 - I would love for Domnina to come back for Sochi - she definitely commands presence on the ice and is a joy to watch. Is Domnina doing any coaching? Actually my epic dual would be Angelika Krylova vs. Domnina face-off...

Custom Title
    Well Dai looked wonderful as did Wagner and Chan looks like it is game over. He couldn't land anything and the choreo is gone what a fiasco. Kristy Krall is probably laughing. I loved Dai though I am not sure I like the program. The most impressive skater really was Jeffrey Buttle for the weekend and a nice surprise to Joannie Rochette so competitive with a silver barely behind Shizuka. Nice to see Irina skating again too. It is still early but Chan can't be confident; he must know he needs a real coach forget the politics, the girlfriend and what not.

Custom Title
    Skater Boy, have you watched all those skates you commented on? I can only see Dai's and Mao's.

I think Dai skated really well but that program is lacking, in choreo and charisma. I'm sure they will tweak and improve it over the season though. Awesome start. As for Chan, I've commented in his thread. Only on the meltdown as I have not watched the skate.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Skater Boy, have you watched all those skates you commented on? I can only see Dai's and Mao's.

I think Dai skated really well but that program is lacking, in choreo and charisma. I'm sure they will tweak and improve it over the season though. Awesome start. As for Chan, I've commented in his thread. Only on the meltdown as I have not watched the skate.
    I have only seen what you have seen - but Dai lacks charisma

OK......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I have only seen what you have seen - but Dai lacks charisma

OK......
    The program didn't showcase his charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The program didn't showcase his charisma.
    Yes, it is a more serious program - but still I couldn't take my eyes of him.

I liked Dai's new LP alot....but we all have different taste.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Takahashi did great! I knew he said that he wanted to put two quads in his program this season. I didn't expect him to put two quads into the program this early and at a pro-am competition. Looks like he's getting stronger as he's ageing. Good for him! His first three jumping passes were really empty. His arms dangled down before the jumps were identical to Brian Joubert's. Where are the people who have laughed at Joubert and Plushenko's lack of transitions? I like Takahashi's this program. It was more long lined streching, much less wrist movements. If this is the Takahashi we will see in the GPs this year, this season will be Takahashi's.

Haven't seen any skater's skating other than Takahashi's yet. My heart is bleeding for Patrick! That was an unbelievable meltdown! What has happened, Patrick?!!! I hope he could realize sooner than later that relying on himself and/or Kathy Johnson is not good enough! He has to have a skating coach whoever he/she is! He's back on earth from the sky already. Just hope that he won't stay on earth too long.

Plushenko!!! What can I say?! The man gives every ounce of him to the figure skating! So this is his strategy - to give it all when he could give, but don't give it too many times. He'll go home and nurture his legs and body, and then fight for Europeans. Hope his body could hold up.

Surprised that Kozuka could go for two quads too!

Have you seen the progress since Brezina changed coach?

ETA:

Just watched Kozuka's skating. Like usual, his program has little to do with the music which has become a background noise. I don't know if I should blame his choreography or his music choice. I like his skating very much. But I'm beginning to question his musicality. Like last year and the year before the last year, I think his PCS will suffer.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 10-09-2012 at 09:52 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I just saw Mao Lp and I m speechless, her last sequence is one of the best ones i ve seen, I havent enjoyed this Mao a long time now, her swan is fresh and not the usual stuff at all, by far her best program since 2008. I love it!

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I just saw Mao Lp and I m speechless, her last sequence is one of the best ones i ve seen, I havent enjoyed this Mao a long time now, her swan is fresh and not the usual stuff at all, by far her best program since 2008. I love it!
    I agree! It makes me happy to see her getting most of her jumps back and that she was able to deliver a good program without any major errors. She looks like she is still getting used to the program so I think her PCS will improve over time. I was also pleased to see she had put on a little more weight. She looks much stronger than at the end of last year.

I love Akiko's program. Sad that she didn't hold up during the final moments of her program.

Mao was absolutely sensational. Another masterpiece from her there and then.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast