Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

Custom Title
    Thank you plushy fan - much appreciated.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Thanx for video Plushyfan!
    Daisuke and Mao are the highlights, just for Daisuke he has had innovative costumes in the past (example La Strada), but this is a Johnny Weir one from the olden days.
    I really like Ashley program and costume color, the design could be better but overall thats a great program. Akiko 's program can be great and the music is unique! Leonova's costume and program I didnt like, I think I like her sp better. Elena G I dont know yet! Buttle should come back.

Bahh I was expecting a more spectacular fall from Plush, that was not a good one. If you are going to fall on a 2A, fall with style!

Kozuka will never change a style of skating, but it is so magical to watch him skate.

Chan's choreo is light and fast, from everything I ve seen of him, this style suits him better.

Custom Title
    seniorita,
    I am a PC fan but you know the best faller is PC. He falls and gets up in one motion as though its part of the choreo. I wonder whether they are taught to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    seniorita,
    I am a PC fan but you know the best faller is PC. He falls and gets up in one motion as though its part of the choreo. I wonder whether they are taught to do that.
    Sasha was another "expert" at falling and getting up quickly.

As the saying goes, "practice makes perfect"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I must say, I like Chan but it is a bit ridiculous for a judge to give a PE score of 9.5 for a program with 4 falls.
    I, OTOH, think his PCS is underscored but that probably reflected the effects of the falls, from which he got up very quickly. Patrick did not look well at all from the starting pose and after the skate. But he still went for the big jumps with full gusto until he really ran out of steam. For his effort, the result was fair. As I said before, this competition gave us a glimpse into the possibilities, and I see great possibilities with Patrick's new program, which he performed extremely well outside of the jumps, landing in particular.

Great job from David Wilson and Patrick Chan. I have a lot to look forward to.

Custom Title
    I too felt he looked rather wan at the beginning.

I think the choreo is wonderful. Very different from a Lori program but no less wonderful. He has really learnt to express his emotions. As he told us last year this year is a year of experimentation for him and the results may or may not be good and what the fans want. I hope he keeps this program two years. I know people hate that but because his programs are so full he needs time for his body to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Thank you!!
    Mao: perfect program! I just LOVE it, it's perfect for her, she's a SWAN ON THE ICE, the best swan lake in ladies since cohen (and the choreographer is the same! )
    Ashley: hmmm... I like her jumps, but her spins were shaky and I don't like yellowe dresses in general... The program looks more mature but less fascinating than last year's... We'll see how she can develop it...
    Akiko: she had a rough skate, but the program is good! But I still prefer The Bat...
    Alena:
    Dai: the program looked a bit lifeless, but it's good, and he's landing 4Ts at the beginning of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It was a tasteless remark, suitable for the tasteless judging system and tasteless judges who let Chanflation happen. I'd just like to think of it as cosmic karma and hopefully it means things can be more in balance from now on. Chan is already going to get a huge home-field bonus at Worlds this year.
    I can't help think eventually Chan Inflation balllon is going to be toppled. Its making men's skating a laughing stock.

Custom Title
    Thank you, Let's talk for your great report on JO as usual!

From various reports by those who attended JO and newspaper artcles I read so far, the competition was great, in spite of so early in the season and half-cheesy comp (=judges giving such high PCS to everyone ).

My big 'THANK YOU' to all participating skaters!

So, is Plusy the only one who successfully landed 2 quads without getting > or >>? He is still the King!
    Two quads in LP is going to be a must for boys in order to get on the podium this season. Wow!

To those who think Takahashi's program is a bit over the top, I agree, especially his facial expression...but please be reminded the choreo is not done by Morozov this time, but Shae-Lynn Bourne.
    His costume is definitely Nikolai-esque, though, of course. I would not mind at all if he is to change this costume.

Let the season begin!

What a contrast in styles between Ashley and Mao, both with excellent performances playing to their strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    I do love the potential with the program, and I think she does better with power music!

I think the yellow dress would do better if she had her darker blonde hair, or died it brunette...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What a contrast in styles between Ashley and Mao, both with excellent performances playing to their strengths.
    Am curious - who do you think would have won under 6.0?

And who do you think is the better skater?

Yes, it is a trick question of sorts
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-07-2012 at 06:46 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I dont remember if Carnival on Ice is posted, Daisuke Ex for now

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    BTW, Patrick Chan's program is maybe the best he's ever had. I might actually be rooting for him this season.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast