Japan Open June 2012 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Japan Open June 2012

let`s talk

Match Penalty
There was no insult to Takahashi.
Yes, it was. His arrogant "taught everyone" and "the perfect combination" with "the", i.e. means the one and the only, was an insult not to Dai only but to Kozuka too who was also over Buttle, and to the audience who know what guy(s) was/were more popular. And an insult to judges who gave higher PCS to Dai than to Buttle. Skating safe with one 3A only is a quadless champion level. He was so much tired after that 3A that he couldn't jump any single jump in CaOI, not even a double jump. TV Tokyo didn't even include him in broadcast(?), probably having a mercy on him not to embarrass the guy. That doesn't speak high about his magically technical level that Kurt praised. Kurt has the full right to praise his buddy. But sweetheart, don't be malice to other skaters and don't use their names. In 2010 Kurt made some comments towards Plush mixed with praises and malice about his jumping skills. That's why his tweet originally was misread by Plush haters first, as if Kurt was mocking Plush as some jumping machine. After that Plu fans had to reply. In his excuses Kurt was addressing Plu fans but not haters whom he originally provoked. Never mind. But agree with Plu site people- if Kurt wants to decide on his own who got taught and who was the perfect combination of this and that, then don't bother to have tha audience, dude. :p

A kind user downloaded JO without commentators' rants (courtecy of Plu site where I foudn the links :) ):
Plu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLS0nncSEjc
Other skaters:
http://www.youtube.com/user/okoko01?feature=CAQQwRs=

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Maybe it's just more pro skaters (Jeff & Kurt) vs "olympic eligible skaters"?

either way - Kurt went from being a jumper to an artist and has been in awe of those skaters skaters for years (and AFAIK has never put himself in that category). I don't think it was a slight to Plush, just showing the type of skating Kurt prefers. (which OMG! we all do.)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't think it was a slight to Plush, just showing the type of skating Kurt prefers. (which OMG! we all do.)
Kurt is not just some online poster like you and me. The person with his status should think twice what to twit. If he didn't use "the" and "taught eveyone" and said something like "showed perfect combination .." instead, then things would be just fine. Otherwises his comment sounded snarky towards Plu and arrogant towards other skaters at JO and the audience. As the result, Plu haters, and as you can observe here Dai haters too, misinterpreted Kurt's words the way they wanted and the rest you know. Anyway, Kurt already twittered some explanations that he was originally misunderstood.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I went to his twitter and read it... I'm still not seeing what he said that was offensive, but to each their own. I guess we can all add extra meaning to the, what 120 allotted character, posts. Kurt's a very levelheaded guy, and isn't looking to tick people off. His twitter - when he remembers to use it - is actually one of the better skater twitters to follow. Hopefully he doesn't get "gun shy" over something so ridiculous.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I went to his twitter and read it... I'm still not seeing what he said that was offensive, but to each their own. I guess we can all add extra meaning to the, what 120 allotted character, posts. Kurt's a very levelheaded guy, and isn't looking to tick people off. His twitter - when he remembers to use it - is actually one of the better skater twitters to follow. Hopefully he doesn't get "gun shy" over something so ridiculous.
Don't worry. I already twittered him a couple of days ago that it was probably his bad command of English. I mean I am fine with the whole Kurt-twitter story. He probably didn't mean anything bad, and later he explained that. The point is- his twitter was orginally worded the way that allowed haters of some skaters to interprete it as if Kurt was being snarky and arrogant towards others. Well, let's say he learned the twitter lesson. ;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

I read your tweets, it was easy to identify you. But I have few questions:

Why has Plush many "fan"atic, if he is only a jumper? They are blind in outside of N-Am(sorry Bluebonnet, I don't know any other way to determine the location :) ) ??
You are an old FS fan, you really don't know that nobody can't win only with his jumps? If Plushy would be only jumper he could win many-many titles and golds? Kevin Van Der Perren could land in those jumps like Plush, and didn't win...These are the reasons, why Plushy's fans are so angry. And we didn't talk about the facts, Plushy got 70 6.0 scores for his presentation, and he was only 16, when he got the first.
Plushy fans understand, that doesn't like everybody Plushy's skating. But they need to say "I don't like his skating style". But that is more than ridiculous, when anybody says Plush isn't artistry or he is only a jumper.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I read your tweets, it was easy to identify you.
Oh mein... this twitter story is not over yet I see. Well, actually I read your tweets too, Toni, and here I agree with Plushyfan- it's kind of odd when you call someone the best and at the same time you claim that you haven't seen others. Then how can you possibly know that your guy was the best in the competition if you haven't seen his competitiors? Doesn't it make you 'go by the "fan"atic term literally'? :confused: Not that I care much, just trying to figure it out...

Meanwhile the full version of CaOI showed up on youtube:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kufTLYhB-Xo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk5-_tYUKc0

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks for the video links to Carnival On Ice. It was great seeing the professional skaters, along with the current crop.
I thought it was a great show.:clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well I wasn't trying to hide it, so I'm not sure how dastardly I'm supposed to be. :confused:

When I say Kurt is "still the best" I am not talking one competition. I am talking of all time - for me. Just as we all have our favorites. Just as you all have your "favorite/best of all time" I have mine. What we have is a misunderstanding/interpretation - which I think happened on Kurt's tweet as well. I cannot control what you think I said, or what I meant by it - neither can Kurt control your thoughts on his.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Well I wasn't trying to hide it, so I'm not sure how dastardly I'm supposed to be. :confused:

When I say Kurt is "still the best" I am not talking one competition. I am talking of all time - for me. Just as we all have our favorites. Just as you all have your "favorite/best of all time" I have mine. What we have is a misunderstanding/interpretation - which I think happened on Kurt's tweet as well. I cannot control what you think I said, or what I meant by it - neither can Kurt control your thoughts on his.

:thumbsup:

let`s talk

Match Penalty

Then if you were right the legislation wouldn't operate the things lke "slander" and "libel". It's not the case with Kurt of course, but the core is the same- a subject shall take responsibility for his/her words if they provoked others to think badly/wrong about the person. I completely disagree with your "no need to apologize" and I am satisfied that Kurt gave his explanations.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Yes, it was. His arrogant "taught everyone" and "the perfect combination" with "the", i.e. means the one and the only, was an insult not to Dai only but to Kozuka too who was also over Buttle, and to the audience who know what guy(s) was/were more popular. And an insult to judges who gave higher PCS to Dai than to Buttle. Skating safe with one 3A only is a quadless champion level.

You do know that PCS is not all about artistry, don't you? I've seen nothing insulting these two.

He was so much tired after that 3A that he couldn't jump any single jump in CaOI, not even a double jump. TV Tokyo didn't even include him in broadcast(?), probably having a mercy on him not to embarrass the guy. That doesn't speak high about his magically technical level that Kurt praised.

Kurt was talking about Buttle's JO performance, wasn't he?:rolleye: If you use a skater's performance at another place to support your claim, I could find a lot more worse skatings from Takahashi, and Kozuka as well.;)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
You do know that PCS is not all about artistry, don't you?
So do the judges. That's why they gave higher PCS to Dai than to Buttle.
Kurt was talking about Buttle's JO performance, wasn't he?:rolleye: If you use a skater's performance at another place to support your claim, I could find a lot more worse skatings from Takahashi, and Kozuka as well.;)
At JO Buttle skated safe with one and the ony 3A. While Plu, Dai, Kozuka skated with two quads and two 3A or at least tried to. Buttle didn't even challenge that, which is quite logical and natural for a quadless champion.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
So do the judges. That's why they gave higher PCS to Dai than to Buttle.
At JO Buttle skated safe with one and the ony 3A. While Plu, Dai, Kozuka skated with two quads and two 3A or at least tried to. Buttle didn't even challenge that, which is quite logical and natural for a quadless champion.

That's not what Kurt meant.