Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 297

Thread: Japan Open June 2012

  1. #76
    just call me K or Art jockey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    84

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Yuka Sato?
    Would be my bet as well, surely together with Jason. :D

  2. #77
    Bona Fide Member Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    32,426

    0 Not allowed!
    ^

  3. #78
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,455

    0 Not allowed!
    Good for her. Double threat.

  4. #79
    Tripping on the Podium mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    689

    0 Not allowed!
    so has it been confirmed wheter Mao will participate in JO?

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,176

    0 Not allowed!
    Plush is listed! Wow! Dai, Plu, Chan in one battle. Cool! (Lucky me). Also, Brezina is in Team Europe. In Team NA- Zawadzki. No G.Gold so. There is still one open spot for a lady in Team Japan (presumably for Mao?)
    www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2012/

  6. #81
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,622

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Plush is listed! Wow! Dai, Plu, Chan in one battle. Cool! (Lucky me). Also, Brezina is in Team Europe. In Team NA- Zawadzki. No G.Gold so. There is still one open spot for a lady in Team Japan (presumably for Mao?)
    www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2012/
    WOW! Really lucky you!!!
    Last edited by plushyfan; 08-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.

  7. #82
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    318

    0 Not allowed!
    A cool event. Money money money only in Japan Asia Japan Asia. Have pairs and dance too!!!!

  8. #83
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,222

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Plush is listed! Wow! Dai, Plu, Chan in one battle. Cool! (Lucky me).
    Yes yes! Many of GS members, me included of course, look forward to and appreciate your usual 'detailed' reports on this pre-season battle! I am sure it will add fuel to some devoted fans of these skaters prior to regular Grand Prix battles.
    Last edited by deedee1; 08-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.

  9. #84
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,622

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Yes yes! Many of GS members, me included of course, look forward to and appreciate your usual 'detailed' reports on this pre-season battle! I am sure it will add fuel to some devoted fans of these skaters prior to regular Grand Prix battles.
    Yes, Deedee, the GS forum won't be a friendly, really fun place..

  10. #85
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,559

    0 Not allowed!
    Well, I hope we will be able to keep it friendly & fun, even when people will of course disagree, we hope they will be able to disagree without being disagreeable!!

  11. #86
    Medalist DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,204

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm a little confused. I've been hearing that Gracie Gold is on the list for Japan Open. Now it seems that Zawadski is there instead, they always make a lot of changes at the last minute.

  12. #87
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,622

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Well, I hope we will be able to keep it friendly & fun, even when people will of course disagree, we hope they will be able to disagree without being disagreeable!!
    I hope too, Doris....

  13. #88
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,178

    0 Not allowed!
    According to the official site, Gold's reason of "withdrawal" is "a change of her competition schedule". I'm not sure what that means.

  14. #89
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    24,559

    0 Not allowed!
    She's going to the Salt Lake City Senior B, where it appears USFS is billing her as a headliner?

  15. #90
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,178

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    She's going to the Salt Lake City Senior B, where it appears USFS is billing her as a headliner?
    I don't think that IS the reason. SLC is three weeks before JO. Agnes Zawadzki seems to be invited to JO insted of Gold. Besides JO is not a serious competition requiring serious preparations. It gives prize money of at least $10'000 plus the gala stipend. That's too attractive to decline if you're not a millionaire. Maybe, Gold is planning Finlandia trophy or something.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •