Japan Open
Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki, Daisuke Takahashi, Takahiko Kozuka,
Ashley Wagner, Agnes Zawadzki, Patrick Chan, Jeffrey Buttle
Alena Leonova, Elene Gedevanishvili, Evgeni Plusneko, Michal Brezina

Medal Winners Open

Sarah Hughes, Shizuka Arakawa, Irina Slutskaya, Laura Lepisto,
Joannie Rochette, Kurt Browning, Ilia Kulik, Alexei Yagudin,
Philippe Candeloro, Takeshi Honda, Jeffrey Buttle

So, one ladies' spot for MWO is still undecided. I guess it goes to Asada. Her presence should have a significant impact on the TV rating. Besides that there are not many realistic candidates left.

Kim is shut out from any IMG events. Kwan is too expensive and not so popular in Japan. Cohen ... could be an option. But the organizer has spent too much money already and I don't think they need another expensive skater to sell tickets.
I think Joannie Rochette is doing MWO

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Sorry, but the JO is not comfirmed by Plushy. Yana -his wife-was saying that if Mishin doesn't want to go to Japan also Zhenya won't go, though Zhenya would like to participate in JO.

Plushy's interview in Italy:

Q: In what competitions you want to participate in the near future?
- Evgeni: After the shows in Italy, there will be the Japan Open and a smaller competition in Sochi. I'll have to decide with my team what is more appropriate for me - some more important competition, or the smaller one in Sochi

By the way, JO's organizer is already selling ticket using his name. So, who knows?

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Thanks Sylvia.

Doesn't it seem pretty clear that Gracie is going to an event that will not be nearly as disruptive to her training schedule and will give her the chance to earn points towards her world ranking/

Am I missing something here :think:
No, you've hit it on the head, Janet. She has HS commitments still (although she is in an on-line school)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Anyone ever figure out why Gracie was replaced?

Not really sure but isn't she going to the new USA senior B event.

This makes good sense to me for a variety of reasons.

If you also look at the JO roster most if not all of these skaters are far more accomplished than Gracie.

Such a young skater needs time for homework and training. Someone mentioned she might be doing regionals as well.

I wonder if Gracie canceled as opposed to being "replaced."?

Last edited:

Brenda

On the Ice
^ Withdrawing due to choosing to participate in the USA senior B instead wouldn't make sense, since Agnes Zawadzki is Gracie's replacement at JO, and both Agnes and Gracie are competing at the senior B.

janetfan

Match Penalty
^ Withdrawing due to choosing to participate in the USA senior B instead wouldn't make sense, since Agnes Zawadzki is Gracie's replacement at JO, and both Agnes and Gracie are competing at the senior B.

Why wouldn't it make sense? Are you suggesting Agnes and Gracie have the exact same circumstances and needs whether it be financial, training, or based on experience and committments?

I don't think so.......

I did say in the post you quoted, "Not really sure" so I was speculating.

I have read that Agnes is not from a wealthy family and she might need the money much more than Gracie does.

Unlike Gracie, Agnes also has a year of senior competitions under her belt.

Their circumstances simply are not the same anyway you look at it.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
No, Gabyy is involved in this:

http://usagym.org/pages/events/tour/

Gabby was brought up when someone asked if Gracie Gold was starting college this fall. I said Gracie is closer to Gabby's age and still in high school.

Sorry for any confusion and Go Gabby! Go Gracie! :)

OH Sorry, I knew about that GAbby = the girl on Corn Flakes who took home gold in the all around much to the tears of the favourite Jordan Wieber, whose parents are fightong over her fortune and are divorcing and whose hair has been talked about more than her lay out pike Tsukahara.

NMURA

Medalist
Update on Medal Winners Open

Ladies
Shizuka Arakawa, Irina Slutskaya, Joannie Rochette, Laura Lepisto, Sarah Meier(new)

S. Hughes is out.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I know maybe it's off topic but,

I find thoses japenesse clips very useful when we want to see the development and the skills of any jumps. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/611/3vojj.jpg/

What I want to know is if somebody could find for me others competitions that demonstrates jumps in slow motion ???
Like the triple axel of Mao Asada in world team trophy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRM4Qj2u_jo (at 4:52)

I find that seeing the jump part by part is interesting to learn the movement.

Does anyone knows others competitions that I can watch in youtube who do the same things like in world team trophy in 2009 ?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I know maybe it's off topic but,

I find thoses japenesse clips very useful when we want to see the development and the skills of any jumps. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/611/3vojj.jpg/

I see Patrick's quad in its stages in your link. What is interesting about this particular series of pictures is that while the jump is performed from right to left, the photo series shows it from left to right, the way people are accustomed to reading. I don't know if it is as useful as it can be for technical purposes.